Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

I assume that the original DH releases didn't have "Legends" on them and that's the marketing adspeak they're using for "These comics don't count y'all".

Yes, the 'Legends' brand is being used for the comics and books from the pre-Disney EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

You just know that somebody out there had a breakdown when Disney declared the EU non-canon.

'Someone'? More like hundreds/thousands of them.

Me, I'm a little bummed that some cool stories are being thrown out so we can do less ambitious stuff, but eh, poo poo happens.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that the artist straight up drew katana blades, considering that's what lightsabres are.

(And I think Splinter of the Mind's Eye is the coolest title for a Star Wars thing ever, and am sad that it was wasted on a pretty bad book)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Actually, interesting query: What's Marvel/Disney/Lucasfilm policy on re-introducing things/characters from the old EU? I'm not clamouring for the return of Kyp Durron or the Darksaber or anything, but stuff like Winter and Mara Jade and Wraith Squadron were cool ideas that would make neat books/comics/vidya games.

Is it a full-on "NO!" or a "You can have characters like them but you have to change the names and some details" or a "sure, if it fits our larger vision" situation?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There are still Thrawn action figures as well. I saw some in a TRU not too long ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I'm so glad Mara Jade is no longer canon.

I'm glad your face no longer canon! <:mad:>

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, that Rebel pilot just looks kind of bland, not bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rear end Catchcum posted:

Yeah if you own Star Wars toys you're a nerd.

If you post in a comic book forum, you're a nerd. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's the benefit to Disney/Lucas to not use Marvel to produce comics in-house?