Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

TwoPair posted:

I picked up Vader on a whim and am loving it. The OP says that things in the main series tie in to it? Am I missing out on stuff?

There are four Star Wars comics by marvel on a rotating release each week, all are good. The main comic and the Vader comic are roughly concurrent, supposedly there will be some overlap (Jabba mentions a wookie working for Vader that we see in his comic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

He's a mad scientist that Palpatine hired to see if he could make better agents than Vader using technology in place of the force. This is fifth clone, because they tortured his fourth clone to death.

This is the same writer who does Uber, so I'm interested to see just how thoroughly Vader crushes these guys.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Hopefully Aphra is smart enough to tell Vader what he wants to know via a dead drop recording while she's 5 systems away.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I love how they did the Force in the 2003 series. The Jedi don't just gesture and move things, they throw around these incredible concussive blasts.

And the Clones just loving hose down the room when they see a threat, they don't hesitate for anything.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The art in the main Star Wars title is atrocious right now. It is physically painful switching between Doctor Aphra and this.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

On the other hand, Wraith Squadron was pretty good.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Jesus H. Christ he literally GIS'd "asian woman eating spaghetti." How does this guy still have work?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Someone got paid for that. My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Doctor Aphra is still really good. The next story arc hasn't even started, and she already has (at least) three plans to break out of the most inescapable prison in the galaxy.