Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

redbackground posted:

Why don't you want Luke to be happy?

She's a better alternative than that Computer AI at least.

Well, maybe not.

"Han, Leia...I'd like you to meet my new girlfriend!" :pulls space-tablet out of his pocket:

Mara Jade was more interesting as a business woman cleaning up her life after the Empire fell. Her romance with Luke was weird and forced. They made friendly overtures to one another but the fact remained that Luke carpetbombed her entire life with his victory over the Emperor. It never made sense to me that they would fall in love after that, even after Mara conquers her brainwashing and moves on.

Mara Jade could come back but she needs a different role that isn't bouncing between "Luke's wife" and "dying of space cancer."

She had a lot of promise starting out but then it just went to poo poo at the end and oh god the Yuuzhen Vong subplot no :byodame:

Besides, Luke is more interesting if he never does get together with a woman. He's the last Jedi, he has more important things to do than get married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Vader going full blown papa wolf on Xizor's rear end is the best part of Shadows of the Empire.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

But he was being protective of Luke, not Leia.

He never even knew Leia had been captured by Xixor.

Yes yes but it's the thought that counts!