Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

No, because that would be stupid and doesn't make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

VirtualStranger posted:

Obviously, anything player-created doesn't count. Other than that, yes. The stuff in the RPGs are canon.

In fact, before the publication of the Thrawn Trilogy, the biggest source of Star Wars canon outside of the film came from the table top RPGs published by West End Games in the 80s. A lot of EU material after that referenced things that were established in those games. In many ways, West End created the old EU.

He said rules, not background material.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Will Star Wars still make sense if I don't bother reading Vader Down? Crossovers are why I stopped reading X-Men comics.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

zoux posted:

The only outside book you'd have to buy is Vader Down because the rest of the crossover is split between SW and DV.

I assume bad crossovers are the problem, this crossover looks to be extremely good if Vader Down is any indication.

I just don't like crossovers because I normally prefer buying one book. I don't really care about Vader's side of the story.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

They didn't wipe R2, only C3PO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

"Have the protocol droid's mind wiped" - Bail Organa, to Captain Antilles, in Revenge of the Sith

Here, I found this clip by searching "memory wipe star wars" on Google: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73E9WD5gi_I

cargohills fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 16, 2016