Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

But those characters didn't permeate through the public conscious like Vader or Chewbacca or Yoda. Or even Jar Jar. Unless they were already Star Wars fans, mentioning Prince Xixor to anyone would only draw blank looks.

Yeah, if you just namedrop him, but if you add "y'know, the bad guy from Shadows of the Empire on N64" they'll probably get it. The SW games have permeated nerd-dom outside of specific SW fandom pretty heavily- nerdy people who aren't SW spergs still tend to know who HK-47 or Kyle Katarn are (or at least "the robot from KOTOR" and "the Not Han from Jedi Knight"), and older ones will even recognize the TIE Fighter and X-Wing dudes (those were honestly a little before my time and the games are too clunky for me in 2015, so I can't remember their names).

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

rear end Catchcum posted:

No, dude, you just don't get how nerdy you and your circle are. No one but more than casual fans know who the gently caress you're talking about.

to be clear, I'm talking about people who skew nerdy but aren't Wookieepedia editors, not outright non-nerds, no poo poo the latter group isn't gonna have a clue who they are.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bloodly posted:

...This means both X-Wing and TIE Fighter have been tossed.

That's a shame. Wasn't it TIE Fighter that gave Coruscant it's name?

Did the comics contradict them? That sucks. :smith:

(Anything EU that hasn't been explicitly contradicted can be brought back, I think. I know a decent chunk of EU ships from the prequel era are still canon because of Clone Wars, for example.)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So basically, I should probably grab those. Comic script pages are always really interesting.