Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

After that, Karen Traviss enters the picture and he ends up as an Invincible Ghurka Gentleman Farmer Klingon Samurai MANDO With Warrior Pride who is apparently the guy you go to when you need a fully-trained Jedi killed. He becomes Wolverine, basically.
So how did she reconcile that with the moron who had his blaster chopped in half by an apprentice, knocked into the Sarlacc pit by a blind guy, and screamed as he fell in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't you hear? He climbed back out because he's such a badass.
That's the thing, I don't get why anyone would think he's a badass. Not only was he an embarrassing screw-up in Return of the Jedi, the only thing Boba Fett did in Empire is follow someone at a distance and then haul off his already frozen body like an interstellar UPS driver. His armor looks cool but the guy inside it seems like a doofus to me.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

zoux posted:

Whoa TFA was so positive for women role models in film even Milo Manara can't bring himself to overly sexualize Rey:

That's a challenge Frank Cho would accept, I'm sure. :grin:

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's not happened in this thread that I've seen, but one thing I have noticed regarding the new stuff is how focused readers seem to be on the fact that "It's canon now" as an intrinsically positive recommendation of the material. It's a weird obverse of the reaction we saw from hardcore EU fans whinging about how the old stuff was no longer canon and that apparently meant they couldn't enjoy it as much. It's weird. It's like people trying to push AoS as being a somehow crucial component of the MCU because they don't want to feel like they've wasted time on something that doesn't "matter". Why isn't it enough to enjoy it for what it is?
Oh, you're going to love this:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/19/star-wars-fans-plead-with-lucasfilm-for-more-expanded-universe-with-sanfran-billboard/