Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
My dad is going to be redoing his attic this summer, we're excited to find the melted bits of plastic that were my Star Wars toys from the 1980s!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FishFood posted:

And I know Star Wars has silly words in it like Jedi and Sith and Yoda and Obi-Wan, but for some reason padawan always bothered me. It just sounds so dumb, especially when everybody calls them apprentices in the OT.

And it's padwan that strikes you as unnecessary when "youngling" exists?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vagon posted:

As someone who is huge into Starwars I've never watched Clone Wars. I really got the impression that it was very much a really plot-light childrens show. Is it actually worth a look? And I don't mean that as an insult or anything, I've barely seen anything about the series and just made a quick assumption from the animation style and the timeslot it played in.

as soon as you see Jar Jar, skip the episode. Aside from the first episode being kind of rough, I was *really* into it by the end. They did so much to make the clones actual characters ans individuals.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bloodly posted:

The question then becomes 'Does it do it well?'. It sounds like it doesn't?

It does, it is fun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
were the night sister vampires? i thought they were just force users who kept to themselves ad had their own cult?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

apparently next year! rumor has it she has a secret d+ show already in production that may launch before any of the other announced ones.

oh i hope so!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also, it starts out showing that in order to join the Knights of Ren, you have kill someone important to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
man i just so don't care about this war of the bounty hunters thing.