Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm really interested to see what of anything they do with the Old Republic period. KotOR was probably my favorite DH run (despite some real awful faces during the Vector issues )

If you're interested in reading DH stuff, I'd absolutely recommend KotOR, Legacy and Legacy v2, and Dark Times.

The Darth Vader and the... miniserieses are pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Davros1 posted:

What the hell's up with that artwork?

Scott Hepburn. I just tried looking up some of his other work and none of it seems to look that bad, so maybe he was trying something new? Bummer since I thought Vector was a pretty cool tie in arc. Shows one character coming into contact with several protagonists over a few thousand years of that Galaxy.

The novels seem fine. A New Dawn was good, but I haven't made it through Tarkin yet.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

What's the other book? I enjoyed A New Dawn more than I expected to.

Rebels doesn't start super strong but really ramped up towards the end of season 1. Have you seen all of the Clone Wars series already?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

For the first season or two feel absolutely free to skip anything with Jar Jar in it. Those episodes are very much for little kids. Later they get into some crazy stuff with a family that lives outside the light/dark dichotomy and the last season or two is almost all Kenobi being a badass. Ahsoka Tano is a pretty great character and develops well as the show goes along.

The plots with Maul/the night sisters and learning more about Kenobi and his old girlfriend were worth any Jar Jar there was (and his episodes really felt like filler, so you're not missing anything by skipping his stuff). There's a also a lot of loose threads with a main character that start to get tied up in Rebels

Plus with it being canon now and several of the new novels tying into it, you won't regret it if you're gobbling up content waiting for the sequels.

E: didn't realize I was writing to a different person, but you're probably waiting for the sequels too, and if you love Star Wars, there's a lot of great Star Wars stories in the show.

zelah fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 7, 2015

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The art on Chewbacca was not something I was prepared for after years of DH Star Wars comics.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The art in Lando wasn't great to begin with, but they couldn't figure out which arm got cut off or even how far up

(Images failing to upload through iPad)

Pavol loses his right arm like everyone in Star Wars, then his left arm above the elbow, and then it's his left hand at the wrist.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I really liked Legacy 2, the one with Ania Solo that came out right before the Marvel switch.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Thrawn Trilogy had me until Luuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

C-3PO's story being titled The Phantom Limb is just too much. Red left arms, Kojima and Abrams being buddies, now this? I love it.