Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

You just know that somebody out there had a breakdown when Disney declared the EU non-canon.

The guy that runs stardestroyer.net contributed to two books of ship stats so he could win internet Wars vs. Trek slapfights, which got decanonized along with the rest of the EU. Did his tears fill a bucket? a bathtub? We can only speculate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

It gets better.

I spent over a month's allowances buying and trading for a whole line of Marvel trading cards by these guys in 1994, and a few 8x10" blowups. One of them had the Hulk shooting a Hulk-sized submachinegun.

Teenagers do a lot of dumb things.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Davros1 posted:

But those characters didn't permeate through the public conscious like Vader or Chewbacca or Yoda. Or even Jar Jar. Unless they were already Star Wars fans, mentioning Prince Xixor to anyone would only draw blank looks.

They had action figures at Wal-Mart and commercials for the Shadows N64 game on TV. I mean yeah it didn't become part of the enduring popular consciousness or anything, but the whole Shadows of the Empire "multimedia event" was A Thing you could semi-casually notice for like a year. Especially if you had kids or were a kid, not just a usenet-posting ubernerd.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

VirtualStranger posted:

Issue #2 of Kanan: The Last Padawan has been released.

Anyone with a rat tail that drat long deserves their fate.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Man, this art is great. Stark colors, sharp lines, brusque shading. Rough people from a rough galaxy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Starkiller Base seemed like a space V-3 cannon to me, it was definitely bigger and badder than the Death Star but a planet doesn't exactly have a particularly rapid target acquisition phase.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'd argue she's a great character because she doesn't buy into the ethos of "Lucasian Star Wars". You should absolutely not have everyone on the same philosophical page all the time, that'd be boring as hell. The problem just comes from a bunch of fans who also don't want to buy into the ethos deciding she's right and essentially propagating a Force Cathar Heresy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

So, uh, does Poe switch X-Wing, then switch back? Because the X-Wing he's flying at the start of the movie is white/gray and blue, not the orange and black one he's flying at the end and in the comic.

Speaking of, does anyone remember a different version of the updated X-Wings in the very first TFA trailer? The wings were offset instead of stacked flat with the lower set fit ahead of the upper set when they were folded up, it looked pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

jivjov posted:

So I just read the C-3PO one-shot...and I liked the story in general, it really struck me as odd that he decided to keep the red arm as a memorial or tribute to the fallen droid friends...but then one of the first things he says about it in Episode VII was "I need to get a proper arm reattached..."

The evil of memory wipes continues.