Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

zelah posted:

Rebels doesn't start super strong but really ramped up towards the end of season 1. Have you seen all of the Clone Wars series already?

As someone who is huge into Starwars I've never watched Clone Wars. I really got the impression that it was very much a really plot-light childrens show. Is it actually worth a look? And I don't mean that as an insult or anything, I've barely seen anything about the series and just made a quick assumption from the animation style and the timeslot it played in.

Vagon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

DisposableHero posted:

So can we use this thread for any old Star Wars canon or is this intended primarily for the current comics?

I ask because I've been enjoying a lot of the story stuff in the Old Republic MMO and was wondering if this was explored well anywhere else. Books, comics or otherwise.

I'm sure no one will mind. I believe I remember hearing about a few books about the Sith Lord, ah.. Malek? I could have the name completely wrong, it's been ages since I've played TOR, but the bald Sith in the intro cinematics. I haven't read them myself but from what little I've heard they are apparently pretty decent and help you understand the Sith an the schisms within them during the setting.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Dsmif posted:

Speaking of Karen Traviss, does anyone know how she took the news that her stories are no longer cannon?

Id be interested to hear of any of the old writer's reception to the idea, honestly.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Nevertheless, it had started to become faintly ridiculous when Luke and Leia are both 60 and Han and Lando are both in their 70s and they're still the ones who do beat every villain and solve every problem (meanwhile, Han and Leia's daughter was probably closer to 40 than 30 when the old EU came to an end, and she was still being written like she was a teenager).

I hated this. Their inability to let go of the movie heroes (for good reason, as you mentioned) realllly is what sunk the EU for me in the past. The way they're making the new comics is really appealing, though. Doubly so because of the Vader comic. They need to do more villain perspective stuff in the future that isn't a "Well, they're a bad guy, but they totally turn out to be good in the end!" trope. Vader being completely dark is charming as hell for some reason.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Hakkesshu posted:

It's really wordy and nonsensical. I kinda gave up after the first issue, it's not actually as interesting as it sounds.

Could anyone sum up the general premise? I'd rather not waste my time if it isn't that great but I'm interested in hearing what it was actually about.