Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DracoArgentum
May 29, 2011
I'm planning a 2 week (ish) trip and I know I want to visit Croatia, Romania and Hungary. I was playing around with adding other single cities in one or two other countries, but those are the main focus and with only two weeks that will likely be it. I will admit I tend to be a bit of a shot gun ADD type traveler, 3-4 days is usually my max for most big cities. I did 3 in Munich and 4 in Berlin and that was perfect for me though probably more rushed than most others would prefer. I'm not much of a museum type, but I like castles and weird places/experiences. Things like the catacombs in France or seeing vampire musicals in Berlin.

Questions
1. How is transport between cities/countries in these areas. Are trains/buses generally reliable/on time and if both are an option is train or bus better generally.
2. What are your favorite things in those countries? I have flipped through guide books and the internet, so I've seen some of those suggestions, but what do you all think is fun, especially things that might not make it to a guide book.
3. Food! There is so much info on the internet it's been difficult to narrow down, so maybe just a few food recs for the area?
4. Is there anything a stupid American should get through their thick skull before going to these places?
5. I may be traveling with a pescatarian (ugh) so, in general, is there likely to be some English on the menu so she has an idea what not to order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DracoArgentum
May 29, 2011
The two spots we are determined to see are Plitvice and Romanian castles. I would love to go to Split or Dubrovnik but I'm not entirely sure it's doable easily. We will be flying into Zagreb late and out through Bucharest early so we have 16 full days. Plitvice can be a day trip from Zagreb so I was figuring at least 2 days there, then to Budapest for at least 3 days, maybe a stop in Cluj then a couple days in Brasov since most of the castles seem to be in that area and then just a day in Bucharest since I've heard there isn't much there. Obviously this leaves quite a few days open so would it be feasible to hit Split and Dubrovnik? Or are there other stops along that line that would require more time?

• Locked thread