Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

SgtScruffy posted:

Bumping the thread for any more tips - I'm planning my honeymoon, and it looks like we may go Budapest/surrounding area for a week, and then sorta tour our way around Croatia for a week. I've heard Zagreb is OK, but along the coast is the real awesome stuff.

I've also heard that if we go in mid-to-late August, it will be terrible and all Italian/German tourists. Confirm/deny?

Zagreb is OK. There's around 10 times more tourists here than it was several years back due to heavy investments in it. But I wouldn't bother more than a day or two, unless you are also interested in medieval/renaissance castles around it. On your way to the coast visit Plitvice National Park, it's really pretty. Definitely go to the coast. During the summer (with July/August being the height of season) there's a lot happening there. You can find anything from some nice cove somewhere, spending your days splattering in the shallow water drinking beer with your wife, to having wild beach foam parties and going back home with several more wives. Whatever floats your boat.

The height of season is the best. Croatian coast is deceptively big (longer than Italian Adriatic coast due to all the islands and inlets etc...) so there's still no critical mass of tourists that bumps into each other all the time. Maybe in Dubrovnik due to its popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

The train trip from Zagreb to Split takes nine hours

At around 2007-2008, I was travelling Zagreb-Split semi-regularly by train and it took me 6-7 hours. Are you saying it's even worse now?

• Locked thread