Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A1Fb2S1wKssr8P-p-JQRdc67chWt3F8TD6xynmeXEBo/pubhtml

full tetris grandmaster set so the outside chance that we'll get to see an actual tetris grandmaster happen live. also glitched dkc which owns and peaches running toejam and earl which iirc is a pretty cool run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blindfolded no-save corruption Pokemon Red/Blue is going to be epic. Can't wait to see these classic games beaten with skill and speed this summer.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Blindfolded no-save corruption Pokemon Red/Blue is going to be epic. Can't wait to see these classic games beaten with skill and speed this summer.

oh gently caress i didn't see that, blindfolded runs are the best poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
most of that list actually looks pretty good drat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also tasbot running ikaruga which is either going to be an ownage tas run or an insane game corruption one and I honestly don't know which one would be cooler

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
what the... no bloodborne?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I feel like them letting me run cheetah is part of some prank that's going to end with me getting pigs blood thrown on me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

all those Castlevanias :yum:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
come to butthead

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

five hour chrono trigger speedrun lol. puwexil's a cool dude but man does that sound boring

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*yawns* Let me know when they announce the next Zeldathon. Oh wait, you won't need to, since I got my charity drive game on point. gently caress you OP.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The thread should be good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fungah! posted:

five hour chrono trigger speedrun lol. puwexil's a cool dude but man does that sound boring

I still don't know why they do RPGs longer than two hours at this thing

I mean yeah RPG speedruns are cool but not in front of a live audience, i m o

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 28, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gunstar Heroes gently caress yes
Half Minute Hero gently caress yes
Star Tropics questionable gently caress yes??? is that game even good it's been too loving long

huh that's a smaller number of gently caress yesses than i was expecteing :(

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Doom 64: Any% Be Gentle race

what? get that pussy baby poo poo out of here. i ain't watchin that. you can't play doom on any setting that's not ultraviolence or in doom 64's case, watch me die. it's wrong and unnatural. that's like not jumping through the boss shutters in mega man, or letting the magic wand in smb3 hit the ground when you beat a koopa kid

mark my words, this race will be a black mark that overshadows the whole event

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

[touhou]? no thanks.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

[touhou]? no thanks.

out.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

*yawns* Let me know when they announce the next Zeldathon. Oh wait, you won't need to, since I got my charity drive game on point. gently caress you OP.

lol yeah i'm not going to watch a week of epic gaming because they're only playing six zelda games. begone

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Please don't post.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Velthice posted:

what? get that pussy baby poo poo out of here. i ain't watchin that. you can't play doom on any setting that's not ultraviolence or in doom 64's case, watch me die. it's wrong and unnatural. that's like not jumping through the boss shutters in mega man, or letting the magic wand in smb3 hit the ground when you beat a koopa kid

mark my words, this race will be a black mark that overshadows the whole event

what made you post like this. why do you do it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GDQ owns and this one is gonna be awesome

Super Mario 64 120 star race will be epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the past SGDQ has been a pale imitation of AGDQ, but hopefully they can buck this trend. but man, no bloodborne, no big jon, no blueglass...

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fungah! posted:

what made you post like this. why do you do it

uh... my insatiable lust for demon guts duh

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
more co-op speedruns this year, that's always a plus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

In the past SGDQ has been a pale imitation of AGDQ, but hopefully they can buck this trend. but man, no bloodborne, no big jon, no blueglass...

yeah i don't think they're going to get past the stigma this year either, there aren't enough big names and most of the cool new runs are still getting saved for agdq. there's some ownage stuff on the list though, i'm still pumped

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I still don't know why they do RPGs longer than two hours at this thing

I mean yeah RPG speedruns are cool but not in front of a live audience, i m o

all of the fire emblem runs have been loving unbearable. the only actually interesting parts of fire emblem speedruns are the planning/strategies they use and those are things people who haven't played the game before are not going to get at all.

it isn't even visually interesting since they obviously have to play with every animation off.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bullet hell more like dumb as hell, give me a good old Gradius or Einhänder over that Nipponese pervert trash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

all of the fire emblem runs have been loving unbearable. the only actually interesting parts of fire emblem speedruns are the planning/strategies they use and those are things people who haven't played the game before are not going to get at all.

it isn't even visually interesting since they obviously have to play with every animation off.

Also because 90% of the runs are luck based and it's just dudes complaining about RNGs for three hours while wearing a dress

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

oh gently caress i didn't see that, blindfolded runs are the best poo poo

they're bad and boring.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

Bullet hell more like dumb as hell, give me a good old Gradius or Einhänder over that Nipponese pervert trash.

those games are bad as well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

they're bad and boring.

blindfold punchout at agdq was great. i guess blindfold pokemon's kind of dumb because they're just counting steps and playing the game normally otherwise but blindfold runs are cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

[in cartman voice] gently caress you Lyle! You god drat rear end in a top hat!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[in cartman voice] gently caress you Lyle! You god drat rear end in a top hat!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

blindfold punchout at agdq was great. i guess blindfold pokemon's kind of dumb because they're just counting steps and playing the game normally otherwise but blindfold runs are cool

oh yeah punchout is the only good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that really long blind folded ocarina of time run was a nightmare.

• Locked thread