Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

also it's pretty funny that a guy who claimed to hate goons j4g'd and his only posts on SA are trying to get goons to play the game he plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I really like haven and hearth when the resets are pretty regular, which hasn't been for a couple of years. is this like that more than superficially?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is the topic

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

hemophilia posted:

I really like haven and hearth when the resets are pretty regular, which hasn't been for a couple of years. is this like that more than superficially?

I can only speak for the old days, when resets were "literally never because the devs were ideologically opposed to them" but it was kinda slow, plodding and grindy. On the plus side building goontown took a lot of cooperation and it worked out pretty well, long-range scouting/mapping with paranoid interactions with other groups was exciting, and subtly intimidating our neighbors was pretty great. (until Darworth destroyed everything and killed everyone in a 10 minute span)

Not sure how well the new devs are dealing with a lot of the balance issues (exponential statgain exploits) and a lot of the worst parts of the grind but I'd consider coming back if there was enough goon presence.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Well no chance of that happening unless this gets reposted in Games with a better OP

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
this game never changes, still the same poo poo

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13695

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

lol

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZ0UtFUpG0

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
I know I'm the one to always come into the Salem thread and say this but I'm playing this game again and joined some polish group of people yesterday. They had 6,000 silver plus tons of other inspirationals/foods. They added witchcraft and
a bunch of other poo poo in the game. Nothing has changed to defend yourself from demi-gods who roam other than just not having people notice you and living in the middle of shitland.

Anyway, if anyone's interested I'm just starting out and I'm really rich so we can buy a village or some poo poo and die in about 3 weeks.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I don't have the slightest loving clue about this game and just noticed i ran out of starting inspiration. If there's a way to meet up with people i'll play again but I last played H&H seriously in 2011 and there's not nearly a 1:1 gameplay crossover even though it's similar I guess. I'm loving lost even with checking the wiki.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Haven and Hearth reboot slated for Aug 21st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HbQlAjre2Q

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Well, I've been playing Salem with a couple of guys and so far it seems pretty drat fun. It's much more playable than Haven is right now. That trailer looks neat but I have to wonder if they've tuned any of the busted gameplay.

We could use one or two more warm bodies, but unless I'm mistaken I don't think we're looking for a big thing. If anyone's interested they can pm me. We have a solid base setup and you won't be wont for early inspirationals and stuff to get you started.

edit: Here's our base for now. Still a work in progress but just to prove we're real.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 21, 2015

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
So we looted a few things

There's witchcraft now, create a doll out of someone and summon them. Bring their skeleton back to your base and put them in a crypt and do poo poo to their ancestors. They added mounts, 8 levels in the mines and a 9th dreamworld which connects all mines. Different tiers of metal, way more inspirational making it much easier to level. Indian feathers everywhere so silver isn't as much of an issue anymore, so selling savage charms you collect can add up very quickly. I collect about 300-500s a day just exploring for 30m-1hr checking stunps and logs. Use that money in town where there are a lot of player run stalls so leveling your humours is much easier and faster because people are selling lots of foods.

They've added a lot more things, this new guys has pumped out a lot of new content. I'm on day 3 of return and I'm enjoying it. When we die, we die. I think that's part of perma-death pvp games and there are definitely demi-gods who are still here and will kill you. Just lay low and you should be fine if you decide to play solo. Get at least 5 hours away from Providence.

edit: By the way, the OP of this thread is not the real Darworth nor are we playing with the fake or real Darworth. The strangest part about this game is that it has politics that make people crazy enough to buy a SA account and start impersonating a famous player in a video game just to recruit a goon rush probably to kill said player. That's who you're dealing with if you decide to play this game, so be warned.

Also if you are a returning player and you have an account do not log in then log out without making sure you have a lean-to because in the game now you will remain online if you log out with no lean to. Be forewarned I lost my 100 humour character a few days ago by checking the game out and alt+f4'ing from Providence. Logged on the next day and the character was gone. Apparently a witch made a doll out of me while I was standing online in town and summoned me to their lair and killed me. So don't log in then just log out like I did or you will certainly die. You will probably notice a pile of corpses in town also. If you see people coughing do not hang out with them. It takes 60 seconds to cast the doll spell and only works on players standing still. So also do not AFK in town.

Primaris fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 22, 2015

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Call me when the witches cause the apoc and the server resets.

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
I tried to log in to check it out again, haven't played since the original early beta. It said I didn't have an account with any of my emails. Did they require people to port there account over at some point?

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
It's been deleted since there has been a couple of restarts, starting out there is a tutorial but the wiki is definitely required.

edit: went to a new company and all

Primaris fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Game is server wiping and launching in two days.

• Locked thread