Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Bugblatter posted:

You're in the Korea thread and your comment is in response to a guy talking about Koreans. Even if you were for some reason mimicking asians in general, or mimicking the Chinese, it doesn't fix anything. Like I said, personal hygiene is absolutely an issue here, but it doesn't make pantomiming a befuddled local okay.

Go back to waygook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Bugblatter posted:

You're in the Korea thread and your comment is in response to a guy talking about Koreans. Even if you were for some reason mimicking asians in general, or mimicking the Chinese, it doesn't fix anything. Like I said, personal hygiene is absolutely an issue here, but it doesn't make pantomiming a befuddled local okay.

Can we pantomime an obnoxious care-troll instead?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Pretty sure President Park will make MERS go away.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Aesis posted:

Would prefer if MERS made President Park go away.

Gilgamesh_Novem
Jun 12, 2007

More the reason to stay in bed, under the covers....
It is a dangerous world outside of your bed.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Gilgamesh_Novem posted:

More the reason to stay in bed, under the covers....
It is a dangerous world outside of your bed.
Your bed is full of terrible stuff too!

Bugblatter posted:

Would prefer if MERS made President Park go away.
You can't make god (or god's daughter) go away :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Aesis posted:

At least she wasn't allegedly loving Japanese diplomats while a disaster happened this time.

Ojjeorago fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 4, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Whizbang posted:

At least she wasn't loving Japanese diplomats while a disaster happened this time.
Pretty sure he wasn't diplomat, and don't write this in Korea or you can go to jail.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I haven't heard this one before, details please.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Grand Fromage posted:

I haven't heard this one before, details please.
Rumour is that on the day of Sewol capsizing President Park was missing for 7 hours, possibly with Yun-Hoe Cheong. Sankei Newspaper's Seoul correspondent wrote an article and was prosecuted for spreading false rumour.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Aesis posted:

Rumour is that on the day of Sewol capsizing President Park was missing for 7 hours, possibly with Yun-Hoe Cheong. Sankei Newspaper's Seoul correspondent wrote an article and was prosecuted for spreading false rumour.

Does the UK extradite to Korea?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

THE LUMMOX posted:

Does the UK extradite to Korea?
afaik nope, but UK can deny entry. And no I won't be prosecuted because I only stated that there is rumour :v:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The key word is allegedly

Gilgamesh_Novem
Jun 12, 2007

Aesis posted:

Your bed is full of terrible stuff too!

My noisy, annoying cat > MERS.
And i do wash my bed sheets regularly... ㅜㅜ

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Gilgamesh_Novem posted:

My noisy, annoying cat > MERS.
And i do wash my bed sheets regularly... ㅜㅜ
That's no goon!

And yes there was 'alleged rumour', and talking about it won't get me prosecuted or extradited. However actively spreading rumour is (via whatever method), hence why that correspondent was prosecuted. Also Blue House probably investigates people talking about it in secret.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

dantheman650 posted:

Yeah, just like SARS and bird flu and Ebola and everything else before it.

Hey gently caress you this is my first epidemic. AND it's my first day off of work for outside factors since... forever?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

This'll never happen but I hope this MERS thing encourages hospital reform.
I've visited friends in the hospital a few times before and they're about as secure as a sieve. No check ins, no security (I assume until way late?), you can just come in, hang out, bring outside food and drink, bring kids and old people, nobody cares. Now everyone is shocked that hospitals are turning into viral hothouses.

As long as I'm wishing for things, I hope I get a few break days out of it, too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

MERS days are being taken out of vacation so.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Onion Knight posted:

This'll never happen but I hope this MERS thing encourages hospital reform.
I've visited friends in the hospital a few times before and they're about as secure as a sieve. No check ins, no security (I assume until way late?), you can just come in, hang out, bring outside food and drink, bring kids and old people, nobody cares. Now everyone is shocked that hospitals are turning into viral hothouses.

As long as I'm wishing for things, I hope I get a few break days out of it, too.

My girlfriend is a nurse and has repeatedly been told by older nurses not to wear gloves when dealing with bleeding old drunks in the ER "because it's rude."

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Whizbang posted:

My girlfriend is a nurse and has repeatedly been told by older nurses not to wear gloves when dealing with bleeding old drunks in the ER "because it's rude."

Is there any aspect about Korean culture that does not encourage the spread of deadly diseases?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Let us English posted:

Is there any aspect about Korean culture that does not encourage the spread of deadly diseases?

The daily intake of cancer curing kimchi.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Everyone touches it with the same pair of chopsticks they put in their mouth.

Aesis posted:

The same way her father made things go away?

:black101:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Well, rounding up and killing everyone infected would do the trick.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Didnt work in WWZ

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I think a Logan's Run type culling would be way more effective.
Everyone left will be able to deal with the disease like reasonable adults.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

The daily intake of cancer curing kimchi.

Actually causes stomach cancer

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My Father in law owns. Any of you Logans Run him we gonna have problems.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Nah, a Logan's Run would unironically do a lot of good.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Jeoh posted:

Actually causes stomach cancer

That's what makes it funny.

MERS mostly kills the weak and the old yeah? This is already nature's Logan's Run.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009
How long until: "we apologize but, due to MERS virus we are not accepting middle easterners at the moment."

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
This is how you goons sound when you complain about and generalize Koreans in this country

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

God I miss alphabets.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Love Stole the Day posted:

This is how you goons sound when you complain about and generalize Koreans in this country

Jokes on you. I can read that crap :smug:

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

God I miss alphabets.

There's no morphological clue to guess at new words in Korean though. That is, unless you already know Hanja, in which case the alphabet is an impediment to understanding. :smuggo:

Please don't complain about goons complaining. It is Goon culture, please understand our situation.

I've never met anyone who couldn't read Hangul with a few weeks of arriving.

Let us English fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 5, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

I'm Korean :colbert: and I can say Koreans are rude, illogical and racists :v:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Let us English posted:

I've never met anyone who couldn't read Hangul with a few weeks of arriving.

I've met a few people who had been in Korea for more than a year and couldn't read. All of them lived in Seoul though. As far as I know I've never met anyone outside Seoul that didn't acquire at least bare basic Korean ability.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Grand Fromage posted:

I've met a few people who had been in Korea for more than a year and couldn't read. All of them lived in Seoul though. As far as I know I've never met anyone outside Seoul that didn't acquire at least bare basic Korean ability.

Another girlfriend story! She once got forced to babysit an enormously overweight American woman admitted to the ER who has lived in Busan for 12 years and can't read or speak any Korean.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Whizbang posted:

forced to babysit an enormously overweight American woman admitted to the ER who has lived in Busan for 12 years and can't read or speak any Korean.

:eyepop:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Another girlfriend story! She once got forced to babysit an enormously overweight American woman admitted to the ER who has lived in Busan for 12 years and can't read or speak any Korean.

wow

I can get the people who know they're only there for a year just for something different and don't really learn the language but not being able to read, it's so easy how do you not learn that

Being illiterate sucks rear end, I can't imagine. It's one of the worst parts of moving to China, the amount of work put into learning and I can still barely read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

wow

I can get the people who know they're only there for a year just for something different and don't really learn the language but not being able to read, it's so easy how do you not learn that

Being illiterate sucks rear end, I can't imagine. It's one of the worst parts of moving to China, the amount of work put into learning and I can still barely read

Sounds like a Military wife. They are known to balloon and be fairly ignorant.