Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
If you're around Busan during then, hit me up.

e. I'll probably be at baseball games nearly daily.

Maxsmart fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Depends on where you live, there are several around Gimhae.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Oh poo poo, someone with a real job™

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

E_P posted:

That pick me song by the 100 aspiring kpop singers is good because of the 2007 dubstep style drop.

I thought it was called "peek me up" and was about upskirts.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Love Stole the Day posted:

All of you Europeans who love mayonnaise so much digust me.

Sounds like you need to listen to your Mom. She loves mayonnaise.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Best cheap Korean food is around Changwon university.

e. Or pretty much most of Masan

Unfortunately, you're in the expensive part of town.

People there rave about El Loco, but I find it horribly average

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Don't forget Ashley's.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

nullscan posted:

netizens in a nutshell really.

Fixed

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

joedevola posted:

I'm not paying to have their building's haunted rear end bathroom fixed.

Did you accidentally clean your previous residence? The ghosts will always find you.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Australians ARE evil Americans

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Jeju air might be cheaper for that route

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
The Nexon computer museum is highly rated

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Grand Fromage posted:

It's okay it's not like Korean websites work at all for anyone ever, anyway. They just don't work even harder on Macs.

Shut up. I finally got my payment for the iphone 4 to get through. Sounds likes you don't internet explorer 4 properly.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
I think Uniqlo Korea is even adding XLT, 2X, and 3X for you super mutants

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
It only works for certain routes. Basically if it doesn't include Seoul it gets confused.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

DontAskKant posted:

Korean makeup is almost always cheaper than in the US, one of the few things. If you have the time you can walk around Myeongdog or Dongdaemun (I prefer Ddm) and go to specific stores and there should be sales. If you buy quite a bit you can get a lot of extras, hell places in Myeongdong will give you a suitcase to bring stuff back. Missha for example often has huge sales, especially for women's makeup. The standard prices are usually cheaper than the US and on sale it's much cheaper. Men's stuff goes on sale too, but not as often.

Also, drink better makgeolli y'all.

why are you wearing makeup?

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Only go to Taco bell

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

pee out my butt posted:

They replaced beans with kimchi so that'll kill him too.

I think you mean Exciting Menu Items

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

E_P posted:

I am getting a 35th floor apt and I amso psyched to no longer deal with mosquitoes.

Ours have learned how to use elevators

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Goonsgiving +1?

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

TreFitty posted:

How would you guys say the Korean economy has been trending the last 2 years or so? Anything very noticeable? When I left, restaurants in most towns started to shut down earlier and private tutoring and so on wasn't doing as well as before due to a lack of household income and/or rising expenses. Has that reversed? Gotten better? Any anecdotes or charts/graphs to show? thx in advance

Highly dependent where you live. Where I am at business is booming and the town continues to add 50-100k people every year.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

VideoTapir posted:

Korean delivery men haven't gone electric yet?

AmbientParadox posted:

Check at your post office. I was at mine yesterday and saw a sign with some guy holding flowers and assumed it was on flower delivery. idk i gave the sign a whopping 2-3 seconds of my time before struggling to decide which envelope is best for my US tax return (and thats a story for another day! )

Neither have goons

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
At least one Korea goon had a 봉구스 addiction.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Pension is seemingly a generic term. I've been to several pensions that turned out to be basic motels.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
The one thing about rural schools is you're less likely to have a lot of deskwarming as they basically close the school down during breaks.

Overall, you'll have more vacation and pay than a hagwon. There are always rolling openings for public school jobs if you go via recruiter.

If location is the most important for you, then expect to cross your fingers and hope you find a decent hagwon.

Think of your first job in Korea as setting the base for you to get that better second job. If you're only thinking one year, I wouldn't do it in the middle of nowhere.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Gonna be a step back with no racecar bed

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
I can't speak for Seoul, but in terms of craft beer the best bets in Busan are Wild Waves, Galmegi (PNU location is the best imo), and Gorilla. Abnormal is also an option, though I haven't been there myself as I tend to avoid Haeundae.

Slice of Life Pizza has several different ones on tap, but if you go to Seoul first it will be from most of the Seoul based brewers.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Gunstav posted:

Anyone in Busan for the fireworks tonight? Hit me up to grab a soju afterwords.

Just finished swimming through the crowd at the fireworks festival, be there soon~

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
I can't speak for Korea, but I have a friend working in Sapporo and he loves it. However, during the season, you basically can never travel and the resort is an infrequent 1.5 hour bus ride from the city center.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Kosh Naranek posted:

Busan works without Korean too

Eh, kinda. If you're going working holiday, defo stay up in and around Seoul.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
I rec that traditional strategy of investing in real estate for large families in a country with a rapidly declining population. Bonus points if you try to sell it in 10 years when everyone else does too.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Milksteak posted:

Anyone have a story of successfully purchasing tickets for the olympics along with a train ticket and hotel room booking?

All three no problem. Just required being on top of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

nullscan posted:

Burn this corporation to the ground tyvm.

They're hiring goons, so I don't think they'll need help doing just that.