Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

japan is for loving pussies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

It's pretty much always terrible around winter. If you compare this article to the current AQI, it's not much different.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Is the Kakao group still active? I'll be in Korea in May and June, would be nice to meet up with goons again. My ID is jeohist

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

from tapping trees to tapping rear end, a goon love tale

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I dunno about Lyfty stuff but taxis are everywhere and cheap. Have the address of your hotel in a note on your phone and you're good. The only time you'll need a taxi is if you're out after the subway closes, anyway.

Taxis are definitely not everywhere anymore since the pandemic. Pre-pandemic I didn't even need to think about how I was getting back, last May I ended up walking from Wangsimni to Chungmuro because I couldn't get a cab and the night buses were all filled up. Uber was useless, KakaoTaxi didn't work because I didn't have a Korean phone number.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I was staying between Chungmuro and Euljiro-3-ga last year and I really liked that area. Easy to go anywhere, nice neighbourhood.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

was also as amused that the metro add fare machines are as garbage here as they are in BART

- won't take cards, only cash
- apparently inexplicably requires you to hold the ticket in the opposite orientation as indicated
- refuses bills with the slightest amount of crease

the station agent gave up on it and made change by hand

anyone wanna do last minute weekend evening goon meet? you can help me try to stave off trans-Pacific jet lag!

i feel like it'd be okay for them to only accept coins / bills if they didn't make you pre-define the amount of money you want to deposit

sometimes i just wanna dump all my coins into my t-money card

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I would simply spend 7 days in Seoul, maybe with a few day trips

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Seoul Gypsy has a nice selection of beers. Magpie is a classic as well. The Ranch Brewing near Euljiro-3-ga is cool too. I didn't get the chance to visit Art Monster but heard good things.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Accipiter posted:

Yeah I discovered that not long after I found out about the library in the first place. I figure I might need to grab some things at the mall at some point anyway, so I'd stop and check out the library while there. Like you mentioned. :)

Thank you both for the notes.

There's also a good place in there for fresh Dutch stroopwafels, called De Koning (The King). If you haven't had them fresh before, it's worth a visit: https://place.map.kakao.com/818469839

Also The Sool Company is cool for all your traditional Korean alcohol needs. If they have a tasting going on while you're in Seoul, I'd recommend it: https://thesoolcompany.com/kr/

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

개새끼?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

berate them for being rude to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

if you say 안녕 to me i will put you in the loving ground, don't you know i'm older than you and have a crippling soju addiction