Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cheesemaster200 posted:

They won't let me go to the DMZ because of the north koreans are sending over swine flu infested pigs over the border :(

Take a shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

Would anyone know if restrictions would be lifted by November? My school has been thinking of doing a Model UN in Seoul, if things start looking better.

Almost no one knows anything. Can't even predict a week in the future at this point. November might as well be a decade out.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Depends on where you are coming from and what you would be doing.

If say you are coming from the US. It has a functional government with affordable healthcare.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Japan's talking about reopening tourism in April next year. I haven't seen anything from Korea but given that they don't have Olympics pressure, if I were them I'd wait to see how Japan's goes before making a decision.

I don't think tourism ever shut down.
It is just limited to those that can leave / return to their home country and also afford a 2 week quarantine on top of the regular travel costs and time.

For just about every issue Koreans would prefer Biden over Trump except for dealing with North Korea. That is his one actually good thing, being more reasonable than any other US president with the north.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

USPOL kept telling me that Trump just legitimatized Kim while getting nothing in return.

As opposed to anyone else that got ??? In return? Are sanctions a gain?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Only the finest quality goons remain.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lore Crimes posted:

The thread seems pretty slow these days but I'm new here (Seoul) and as rad as all the OP-endorsed hiking and stuff has been, would be glad to hear what else is good from fellow goons or to grab a bite/beer.

Also, wondered if there's still an active Kakao group and all that?

There is a kakao group but the active plague has kind of put a damper on the other stuff. Also were all mostly old and married, but mostly the plague.

Post your kakao name for an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://m.hani.co.kr/arti/society/society_general/1062791.html

Kakaotalk datacenter fire if anyone was wondering if we all ghosted suddenly.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 15, 2022