Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I know that my Visa status can be bumped if I privately teach/tutor, but what if I teach guitar or dance under the table?

And the OP is great, I love the bluntness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Grand Fromage posted:

If you're teaching guitar to college kids you probably have nothing to worry about. I would not private tutor kids, I've heard too many stories of vindictive parents. Teaching other expats is generally safe since nobody wants to be involved with whatever those white people are up to.

THE LUMMOX posted:

fffffffffffffffffff

Makes sense, thanks for the replies.

Currently waiting for recruiters to wake up and respond to my emails. Finding "work appropriate pictures at social gatherings" was a fun exercise.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Can someone give me some tips on Korean semi-formal work attire? I'll be working in Daegu come mid-August which is supposedly super humid, will short-sleeve work shirts/polos and slacks be fine? Am I thinking too much about this?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Onion Knight posted:

no no no but you guys they said they REALLY REALLY MEAN IT this time! Seriously! Get worried!

- every western news outlet

Coworkers all joked they wanted evacuation so they could visit Jeju and students wanted no homework because "we're all gonna die hahahahaha".

Also does anyone else live in Daegu? Been loving the rain because it's not 95 million degrees celsius like usual

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Just found a Viet lunch place in Daegu (near Kyungbook Uni) that makes a great Ca Phe Sua Da and a decent Bahn Mi. I don't miss home any more at all.