Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
You can just do wire transfer using SWIFT or IBAN codes. Ask your bank and/or landlord for details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Anyone have any experience uploading videos to Korean video sites? I want to start making EFL videos, but I hate Youtube. I just signed up for GOM TV cuz I used to use that program to watch fansubs but can't find anything on the site itself about uploading. I see they've got live broadcast software, I assume there's an "upload to site" function built into one of their editor suites?

edit- i was thinking about trying Pandora TV but all those videos on the front page have only double or triple digit views, I was hoping for a slightly more popular site. Any experiences with AfreecaTV?
People watch Youtube way more than any other video/stream websites. Youtube is your best bet tbh.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hey, what kind of reach does MBC news have in the country? It's one of the smaller regional broadcasters, yeah?
National. There are 3 major broadcasting companies (SBS/KBS/MBC, plus EBS for education) who all have regional branches as well.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Nope! Gonna bum around at home.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Google map is alright tbh. Or just use Naver (or T map which is made by SKT). Apple's map is ok for general directions tbh.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Before you buy phone in USA, make sure it supports bandwidth/wavelength in Korea.

http://www.tworld.co.kr/normal.do?serviceId=S_CMIS0075&viewId=V_CENT6024&ifaqId=1606010048
T world is SKT’s brand name for phone/broadband/tv btw.

Also make sure your phone is ‘unlocked’. If you buy from mobile carriers (or get discount with mobile carrier), then the chance is that your phone is locked to that carrier only. You’ll need to check if your phone can be unlocked or not before you make your phone purchase.

If you’re buying from Apple just pay full price for an empty phone without pre-assigned carrier. Usually Apple’s ‘blank’ phones are unlocked already when you buy.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Bugblatter posted:

Popped collar Abercrombie polos everywhere.
I thought only handsome Caucasian males were allowed to wear it.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Heer98 posted:

Also, because a lot of the pollution is floating over from China, it doesn’t really matter whether you’re in downtown Seoul or a pretty mountain village. It’s all chocked by smog (Seoul is definitely worse, but on bad days it’s bad everywhere).
But dad/mom. China says it's not responsible.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I’m ‘stuck’ in Seoul (home/work)

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

E_P posted:

If you are near a subway line you are in Seoul!
Subway line... in Busan :stare:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Drink some Dalgona Coffee

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

punk rebel ecks posted:

What are the annoying parts of living in Korea?
I guess that’d be having to learn (to understand) Korean. Definitely can’t expect shop staff to understand the context when you only speak English :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Google drive warns that Kakao id list spreadsheet is in owner's trash :smith:

cryptoclastic posted:

Does Kakao still limit notification badges to 300? Last time I was in chat every time I finished a class and checked my phone the notifications would be maxed out.

Also, are most of the folks in the chat in Korea these days?
300 max unread badges per chat room. Might wanna clear chat history from time to time as there will be piles of pics and videos if you don't.

As for people remaining in Korea, there aren't many left. Maybe 10 goons?

Aesis fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 26, 2021