Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
I don't believe for a second that Yoo Byung-eun is dead. It was a very convenient way for the police to cover their asses if you ask me. I find it impossible to believe that the most wanted man in the country could walk into the countryside by himself and drink himself/freeze to death. It really makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Seph posted:

Great OP. I'll be visiting Seoul with a friend at the end of May, do you have any recommendations for a good, social hostel to stay in? Don't really need bells and whistles, just looking for some place with a good atmosphere that's fairly central.

Dustins hostel in Hongdae is really good. Jins in Itaewon is nice as well.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Makes sense, thanks for the replies.

Currently waiting for recruiters to wake up and respond to my emails. Finding "work appropriate pictures at social gatherings" was a fun exercise.

You should be using as many recruiters as possible and directly applying to schools, if you haven't been doing so already.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

ladron posted:

A long shot, but is anybody looking to buy a bike? Specifically this one:

http://seoul.craigslist.co.kr/mcy/5002968042.html

My friend is leaving Korea in a week and hasn't been able to sell it yet.

I know he'll take way lower than the asking price.

If he's willing to take lower, than he should lower the asking price. That is ridiculously expensive, especially considering he can't bring it with him.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

DontAskKant posted:

I need to find out when you are selling things. Get me some 'reasonably priced' items for pennies.

If you're leaving the country, you have to take a loss on stuff. I bought a furniture set (desk, monitor, chair, bed) for 150,000 won, because the guy was moving and would rather get something for his furniture than moving out and getting nothing for it. That's pretty much always a godo way to get deals in an expat community with high turnover like Korea. If you try to sell the bicycle you bought 5 years ago for 500,000 won for 450,000 won, don't be surprised if there aren't a lot of takers. I usually end up giving stuff to my friends. If they don't need it, I give it to a charity shop because I would rather they make the money than make a post like this on craigslist.

politicorific posted:

Hey all, it's me, that guy who lived in Daegu for 5 years but was quite quiet. I moved to Taiwan 4 months ago and really enjoy how much more relaxed people are here.

Anyhow, one of my Korean friends who is a professional Korean instructor is looking at taking a Korean language teaching position at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama and has been peppering me with questions which I don't have the answers to, so I'm turning to ya'll.

Auburn is cool, it's a college town. Small but friendly and convenient. I've been there a few times for football games, I always had a blast.

quote:

Next, the outgoing instructor is trying to sell her a car for $8,000 which was supposedly bought for $10,000 two years ago. I suppose I should ask Automotive Insanity, but where can she go to not get fleeced?

Have her get the make and model and check kelly blue book.

Gildiss posted:

I know there is a big Korean population in Atlanta. But outside of that it probably depends on a number of things.

Auburn isn't that far from Atlanta; if she has a car she could go there on the weekends.

FINGERBLASTER69 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 16, 2015