Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.
Haven't posted in years, but it was fun while it lasted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.
How's the vegan situation at restaurants/convenience stores nowadays? It was pretty awful when I left in 2017, where it was basically Buddhist cuisine and seventh day adventist restaurants.

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.
Visiting this summer and will have to get creative, I guess, but that's disappointing. There's been a marked increase of vegan Korean stuff at the local Asian markets here over the past few years, even stuff like 신라면 and 불닭볶음면. My theory for that was that just dropping all meat/seafood entirely from a product was easier than actually sourcing halal meat.

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.

Bugblatter posted:

There are a lot of really huge palace sets out in the countryside that serve as tourist theme parks in between shoots and that’s where most filming takes place.

Yeah, I shot a couple days on a TV drama out in Namyangju and it was pretty extensive what they had out there for filming. I was the focus puller on D camera and it was the easiest shoot ever. Optimo zoom on the Alexa, set focus for the clearing in the trees, sit around for like five hours, get a frantic message on the walkie that they are rolling, and then like 500 extras march by all of a sudden.