Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Hmmm, you can go easy mode and try usajobs and work at one of the bases. Otherwise I think Amazon has some listings in Seoul but not sure what the Korean fluency requirements are. The tourist visas are only good for 90 days and you'll have to do a visa run to another country to reset it, with covid, might be a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Well as far as I know theres not much of a job seeking visa program. I could be wrong. But it sounds like your plan is to show up, rent an apartment,???, then find a job.

If I'm offbase, then please correct me. Just odd to be looking at housing before you have a gig lined up. Most employers will arrange that for you.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

So a 90 day tourist visa? You could get hotels or maybe an airbnb for that long. But a lot of the airbnbs are closed down due to covid, and you'll have to do two weeks of quarantine in a gov facility (and pay for the opportunity) unless things have changed recently.

And don't let anyone catch you making an income while here on a tourist visa.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

The Koreans have a beautiful island named Takeshima, and you should ask them about it at every opportunity.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Has anyone been keeping up with that? Don't trust anything in the Itaewon area as a lot of that has changed. If you want live reccomendations, get Kakao Talk and hop into the chat. You can look me up by the same username.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

The gmarket global app is mostly English and ships to Korea

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Perfect timing for you Wonton. Wonder how many people in the chat will think to look here.

nullscan fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 15, 2022

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Have you tried gmarket? They ship internationally but their selection is spotty.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Korea in general is safe as hell. That's my contribution! Also Hongdae was fun as hell 15 years ago, but I'm an old man now.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Seeing all kind of posts about how Itaewon and HBC are getting gentrified and it makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Most of the goons who still live here barely look at this thread as well, so I'd make a KakaoTalk account and join the room for live updates.