Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Asian Junkie is a terrible site
2015: The year of

quote:

#KimchiSneakyBitch

#RiceCakeSlyFox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

dantheman650 posted:

Just got married and re-signed for another year. As much as Korea drives me insane sometimes, for now I've made a nice little home here.

Hey, was it your co-teacher?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Gangneung is removing the barbed wire fences. That's going to be awesome to have all of that east coast beach space open up. Hopefully it's finished in time for summer.

dantheman650 posted:

Anyway the wedding was really great and our families got along great so now it's back to regular old life. Thank goodness spring is finally here!
No, spring was here. It's summer now, silly.

ps tho grats on the marriage

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Maxsmart posted:

I was already under the impression that Korea has tons of beach space, would rather see it as a national park.

That whole area is already a super popular vacay spot. So at least now it'll offer more options if you want a break from the hustle and bustle of the big city.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Thanks China for your lovely unclean air.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
MERS is getting out of hand I guess?

Good luck out there, folks.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

dantheman650 posted:

Yeah, just like SARS and bird flu and Ebola and everything else before it.

Hey gently caress you this is my first epidemic. AND it's my first day off of work for outside factors since... forever?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Maxsmart posted:

Any Midwestern US town without a major university is not like this.

Blame Jesus.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Both women and foreigners aren't really people so they're equivalent for Ehwa.

:waycool:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
so I guess in the end we survived the MERS outbreak of 2015

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Goon wedding happened. Was pleasantly uneventful.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
or just look up most korean sex words on tumblr. mungdori is p popular I hear.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Can someone give me some tips on Korean semi-formal work attire? I'll be working in Daegu come mid-August which is supposedly super humid, will short-sleeve work shirts/polos and slacks be fine? Am I thinking too much about this?

Most offices these days just have men wearing Yshirts and slacks, with blazers optional.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Go see the new Mad Max movie. That's Korea now.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

caberham posted:

Thats like 2 months ago. Is ... minions out yet

But you guys get the newest K drama

Aren't these the same thing? :suicide:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

YANKEE GO HOME

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
gently caress the Rules: Korea Edition

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Whizbang posted:

China farted death gas over here but kimchi cures lung cancer so we'll be fine.

I think he means about the exchange of artillery fire and the re-deployment of landmines at the dmz.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Onion Knight posted:

no no no but you guys they said they REALLY REALLY MEAN IT this time! Seriously! Get worried!

- every western news outlet

PGH was in fatigues. Deal with it you cuck.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Onion Knight posted:

This is why I know everything will be fine w/r/t North Korea. If you were like "Getting the new visa was painless! Easiest move of my life!", I'd know the bombs were about to drop.

Good ol' zero sum goblin

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I don't like Jacoby's Burgers. In fact, I think vertically impressive burgers are a monument to man's ego.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Whizbang posted:

Why the gently caress would you show someone visiting Korea a burger place? Eat some goddamn kimbap.

If you're going to Noksa, why would you eat kimbap? You're not making any sense.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

ninja edit: Poor choice of words?

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 30, 2015

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

TheImmigrant posted:

Anyone been to Ulleung-do?

I went a while back. I don't recommend it.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

terre packet posted:

Something Awful forums user Onion Knight who I have never met and have no guarantee that you are not cruelly misleading me with a single emoticon and indeed even exist on this side of the planet are you saying that I can meet you in Seoul, South Korea in real life and give you hard-earned money to squeeze my face to rid it of a hellish blackhead that has tortured my face for months? Is that what you're saying?

Because if so, I'm down.

onion knight is really proud of his long history of squeezing blacks out of places they don't belong. You're safe.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

theravenpope posted:

Anyone know if they give vaccines in Korea? Specifically, there HPV vaccine?

I'm a dude and had the first of 3 shots in March, in the states, while I still had insurance. I'm back in the states for a few months without insurance, and I need to get both of the remaining ones like, now.

Since I have to get both out of pocket without insurance, I'm wondering if I'd be able to just start over when I go back to Korea. Hopefully free, or subsidized.

I did my Hep vaccines maybe 1.5 years ago. It was 3 rounds of shots here and I think cost me total of $120?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

nervana posted:

He's asking about the Human papilloma virus, not the hepatitis virus.

I did a basic search and three shots of gardasil will set you back ~$300+ US. They don't really vaccinate men here yet, but I can't see it being any cheaper for men.

gently caress you, dad

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Maxsmart posted:

If you want to bring something this year, whether it be a pie, casserole, or 2 pounds of cream cheese, you are more than welcome too. Try to let me know though, as we don't want to have a situation where we 25 pies.

I'll post an anticipated menu about a month beforehand.

I was considering bringing a large trash bag of chickencheese. It will not be warm.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I stole 40 pies. That's as much as 4 10s. And that's terrible.

Well at least it wasn't literally all of the unopened bags of honey butter chips like last year.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I'm really in a bad relationship with soju. On one hand, I don't taste it anymore and can get really drunk for cheap.

On the other hand, I wake up with 18 hour hangovers where nerves on part of my face don't quite work right leaving me feel like local anesthesia.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Love Stole the Day posted:

Sounds like you really need a glass of water.

Sounds like you need to get off your lovely high horse, you bourgeoisie gently caress

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

BrainDance posted:

Hi, can someone give me advice for how to get the national insurance if I'm on a student visa? The insurance I had when I was on my e2 visa and working is obviously gone.

Is it possible to get back on the national insurance? I did some googling and it looked like it was if I paid myself into it, but I couldn't find any clear instructions explaining how to actually do it.

Also, how much does it cost a month if it is possible? I read a few different things that disagreed, and I know things like that change very often.

Thanks.

http://oia.snu.ac.kr/04life_at_snu/0404_03.html
Found that from SNU. I glanced at it and its 35k/mo? It looks like its processed / handled through the university, so you'll need to get in touch with them for specifics.

edit:
more: http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/overseas_info/life/life_insurance.do

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 19, 2015

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

BrainDance posted:

Thanks a lot AmbientParadox, that makes a lot of sense.

I guess this is good timing cuz I'm just about to get my new ARC in a couple days.

hey no problem. want to come back to chat? You were the guac to our nachos :unsmith:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I +1'd

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

TreFitty posted:

But will there be group forum reading on a big screen and goons calling other goons racists? You left out all the important details, sir.

last year was just drunk smash bros and cats. Otherwise is was more relaxed than a hammock between two palm trees.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Anyone know if the German Christmas Festival will happen this year? Hands down one of my favorite Christmas events in Seoul.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

China looks soooo beta here. Alpha Japan moving in

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
caberham, I'm still in Seoul and I'm p sure I owe you a burrito. I don't think we have horchatas in Seoul though.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Let's make a drunk after-party at Sam Ryan's a tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
New Morroccan Sandwich place across from Four Seasons. Will post a trip report tomorrow.

spoiler: I may drunk post it. Get that probate ready.