Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're not going to get anything.

man nurse posted:

I'm going to get angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fadam posted:

You were dumb enough to buy a fighting game on the PC when there are two perfectly functional console versions available, the only thing you deserve is a swift kick in the rear end.

Durrr! Durrrrrrrr!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPiWd_jhfM

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

"Should I buy this game on the console that's going to be supported at most tournaments, the other console that has a online weekly tournament, or on the PC, a version that nobody is going to play on and that is made by a company known for bungling everything they touch."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
who here is practicing for tournaments lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm practicing for the Imp Zone Tournament.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If the game versions were kept current on PC there would be absolutely no reason why it would matter that the console version is used at tournaments anyway.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Outside of little "in a slightly better world" problems the "Buy Your Fighting Games On Consoles" argument is classic "My friends on the couch with a couple brewskis" console tard stupidity and your a monstrous jackass if you follow it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

it wouldn't but they got some really bad studio to handle the port for some hosed up reason

I'm responding to his more universal claim he made earlier anyway. Yea they hosed up with Mortal Kombat, but that's not every fighting game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

i too, get really upset about what platform someone buys a game on

Developers just spent a whole generation believing the same crap that idiot believes and it wouldn't of happened to Mortal Kombat if developers had the proper amount of respect for PC... So gently caress off.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm responding to his more universal claim he made earlier anyway. Yea they hosed up with Mortal Kombat, but that's not every fighting game.

If you don't mind getting match made against the same three people over and over again I guess the PC version of any fighting game is fine.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

fadam posted:

If you don't mind getting match made against the same three people over and over again I guess the PC version of any fighting game is fine.

what if i just want to play with my friends

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Any real smug fighting game dillhole would of said you should only play them in an arcade in SoCal by now so you can safely ignore this horse's rear end.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

what if i just want to play with my friends

why would you willingly limit the number of people you play with?

Wormskull posted:

Any real smug fighting game dillhole would of said you should only play them in an arcade in SoCal by now so you can safely ignore this horse's rear end.

I get that you're upset because your lovely version of MKX is non-functional, but I'd appreciate it if you responded to my posts seriously and treated me with respect. I'm not flaming you, so don't flame me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fadam posted:

why would you willingly limit the number of people you play with?

Maybe you didn't rip yourself off buying a PS4 or Xbox One you imbecile.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not to mention, what I've played of MKX on PC works perfectly fine.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Maybe you didn't rip yourself off buying a PS4 or Xbox One you imbecile.

I don't get it.

Wormskull posted:

Not to mention, what I've played of MKX on PC works perfectly fine.

Yeah that 15 gig "console parity patch" was just for shits and gigs. Get real bro.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Most fighting games are going to be PS4 or PS4/PC exclusives soon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

So much win.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I wish KI would come out on PC or PS4. It looks cool but I don't want to buy a system for one game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

fadam posted:

I wish KI would come out on PC or PS4. It looks cool but I don't want to buy a system for one game.

It's a big turd covered with particle effect vomit.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen death robot posted:

SFIV is getting another release on PS4 but at least they're not charging full price for it

lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
SF5 is gonna be PC/PS4 only and all the other Japanese games will probably be PS4 only, which blows for poverty PC gamers like myself.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

SF5 is gonna be PC/PS4 only and all the other Japanese games will probably be PS4 only, which blows for poverty PC gamers like myself.

Just buy a PS4 it's awesome and having literally every major fighting game available on one box to bring to weeklies or meetups is tight.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

fadam posted:

Just buy a PS4 it's awesome and having literally every major fighting game available on one box to bring to weeklies or meetups is tight.

Nobody plays fighting games on the east coast.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Actually I bet tons of people do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fadam posted:

Metropolitan East Coaster here, to tell you, that it's true.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

fadam posted:

No.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Got any proof?

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

No decent human on the east coast comes together to play (lives up the block from Next Level).

Especially anime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the bigger problem with MKX is that even when it works it's kinda turdy. I probably just haven't spent enough time with it though. Maybe this weekend. I'm on PS4, BTW.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Got any proof?
about 5 years ago i went to a sf4 tourney in lowell mass with a friend and there seems to be things going on in maine a bit too since said friend is an fgc nutcase who keeps up with such things

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My big problem with MKX in general is there's a lot of times of just waiting for the game to move on like if your fighting Ermac and he puts you in a psycho choke hold or watching a X-Ray or whatever.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I think it's hosed up to have Johnny Cage do a fatality on his own kid so I don't do it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Durrr! Durrrrrrrr!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

You're such a loving idiot you didn't go out and buy a 500 dollar console for one single game when that game was also available on the PC.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

If the game versions were kept current on PC there would be absolutely no reason why it would matter that the console version is used at tournaments anyway.

You don't understand. It's not like the PC lets you use whatever controller you want. It's not like the versions are exactly the same in terms of frame data and whatever bullcrap. If you play on the PC there is 0 chance you'll ever be able to play competitively at any console based tournament.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

zen death robot posted:

it wouldn't but they got some really bad studio to handle the port for some hosed up reason

They did an okay job with MK9. Online was hosed in that game but it was already hosed on the consoles anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

They had a Super Smash Bros 4 tournament in DC back in December.

• Locked thread