Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
apple
was better with stebe
should know better than to piss me off
should bring back the iphone 4
is crazy for pricing gold watches over 1k
should make me a sandwich
is doing the best it can
is the worst
checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I know there's been quite a bit of talk about this, but ... The real issue is a lack of communication. Prior to the pre-order, it was widely assumed that the watch would be available in stores on 4/24 (yes, I'm aware of Angela's vague email ...). It was also assumed that if you ordered on 4/10 - particularly if you did so near the time pre-orders opened - you would get your watch on (or near) 4/24. These assumptions were based on prior experience with apple and apples own publicity on watch availability.

So to me, the issue isn't keeping the promise of the delivery window; the issue is poor communication by apple. A 2 week window is too long and too vague. And not being able to update it to a shorter, more specific time period - say 4/29 to 5/1 - is both unexpected and not up to par for apple. No one at Apple can answer the simple question for pending orders - what specific date is the watch delivering. That's upper managements fault in my view.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

io_burn posted:

I know there's been quite a bit of talk about this, but ... The real issue is a lack of communication. Prior to the pre-order, it was widely assumed that the watch would be available in stores on 4/24 (yes, I'm aware of Angela's vague email ...). It was also assumed that if you ordered on 4/10 - particularly if you did so near the time pre-orders opened - you would get your watch on (or near) 4/24. These assumptions were based on prior experience with apple and apples own publicity on watch availability.

So to me, the issue isn't keeping the promise of the delivery window; the issue is poor communication by apple. A 2 week window is too long and too vague. And not being able to update it to a shorter, more specific time period - say 4/29 to 5/1 - is both unexpected and not up to par for apple. No one at Apple can answer the simple question for pending orders - what specific date is the watch delivering. That's upper managements fault in my view.

Pwned by logic

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Bird Law posted:

how are we this far in and have yet to see if a 38mm Apple Watch fits a hoof?!

i mean it's been covered to death, but i'm told the answer is yes:

quote:

Another shot, this time I pulled back as recommended. Sorry the size of my wrist and arm offends people. But please keep that part to yourself.

quote:

It feels quite secure and comfortable. Thanks for asking.��

quote:

I am keeping the 38mm despite rude comments, I have not canceled the 42mm I ordered on the 11th that won't ship until June.

quote:

Gosh, another woman in this forum with gorgeous nails. Sigh...I'm going to have to grow mine out again and put some polish on before I share my watch on arm pics. And my forearms are all cut up from my wrestling dead growth and brambles from my gardens this week. Me and my tomboy life!

Well after I got done being distracted by your beautiful nails, I took a hard look at the watch on you. You're lucky in that 38 or 42 watch bodies would both suit you well. So if you want longer battery life and an easier to see display from the 42, you're good to go with that size.

38 looks nice and petite and feminine on you. Looks more like a standard ladies analog, and that may be what is putting some people off, because the trend now is to have watches big and bold. Especially smart watches.

quote:

Looks like it's choking your wrist. You need a bigger size.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

io_burn posted:

. Now they can't even tell you that HFS+ is the file system.

yes this is certainly a thing people ask at the apple store

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

ultramiraculous posted:

i mean it's been covered to death, but i'm told the answer is yes:

lmao

your bloated wrist is making the band too loving crowded

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lmao @ anyone still buying apple stuff in 2015

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

mishaq posted:

apple makes the best computing hardware paired with the most advanced operating system in the world

to choose anything else requires being a fanboi :)
source you're quotes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sweevo posted:

lmao @ anyone still buying apple stuff in 2015

this, unironically.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Forget everything you might have heard.

I finally own the device. Been using it for a day.

Every worry or concern should just fly right out the window because this thing delivers in spades and you don't notice it until you just reply to a text or something and suddenly it just coalesces into a feeling of pure artistry.

Forget the size, forget the criticism. This phone just goes. Its made to be smooth and beautiful and Apple has done it once again.

Everything about bend gate is meaningless. Everything about size and being too big is irrelevant.

Nothing anyone says can deny the art that is happening here. A marriage between soul and technology. Such an elegant tool has never before been created by man.

All the previous iPhones seem like just an evolution for the mastery we have reached now. Soon the iPad will match too and we will enter a new era of smoothness.

I think this device is a flawless masterpiece of perfection IMO that flies high above everything else and is perched comfortably on top of the throne.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Do you think the Apple Watch preorder and launch has been a complete mess/disaster for one reason or another? Vote in the poll and share your thoughts below.

Note that the poll question is broad (meaning if you agree for one reason or another it's been a complete mess/disaster, vote "yes"; if not, vote "no"), and can be applied to any of the following (or something else not listed here; this is just a list I've formulated based upon concerns expressed by others on this forum and is not a list of my opinions):
  • the failure/issues in the supply chain process to cause shipment delays to June (which is not early 2015 as Apple initially stated)
  • failure to produce adequate supply for launch, despite the fact that Apple had more than plenty of time to produce adequate supply, likely attributed to the supply chain issue
  • Apple severely underestimated demand
  • lack of watch availability on April 24th in the retail stores to order in person, and your average everyday person who doesn't keep up with MacRumors and doesn't know that the Apple Watch won't be available in the store April 24th will show up at the Apple Store to purchase a watch, only to be sent away disappointed/furious
  • shipping watches to those who ordered later than others, and not shipping in the order that they were received
  • lack of communication from Apple in general
  • editing the Apple website to remove the April 24th date and replace it with "the Watch is coming"
  • Apple didn't have the try-on in store process available before preorders launched, causing cancelled orders and further delays and frustration
  • other issue not listed here (post it in this thread)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

io_burn posted:

Do you think the Apple Watch preorder and launch has been a complete mess/disaster for one reason or another? Vote in the poll and share your thoughts below.

Note that the poll question is broad (meaning if you agree for one reason or another it's been a complete mess/disaster, vote "yes"; if not, vote "no"), and can be applied to any of the following (or something else not listed here; this is just a list I've formulated based upon concerns expressed by others on this forum and is not a list of my opinions):
  • the failure/issues in the supply chain process to cause shipment delays to June (which is not early 2015 as Apple initially stated)
  • failure to produce adequate supply for launch, despite the fact that Apple had more than plenty of time to produce adequate supply, likely attributed to the supply chain issue
  • Apple severely underestimated demand
  • lack of watch availability on April 24th in the retail stores to order in person, and your average everyday person who doesn't keep up with MacRumors and doesn't know that the Apple Watch won't be available in the store April 24th will show up at the Apple Store to purchase a watch, only to be sent away disappointed/furious
  • shipping watches to those who ordered later than others, and not shipping in the order that they were received
  • lack of communication from Apple in general
  • editing the Apple website to remove the April 24th date and replace it with "the Watch is coming"
  • Apple didn't have the try-on in store process available before preorders launched, causing cancelled orders and further delays and frustration
  • other issue not listed here (post it in this thread)
  • smartwatches are dumb and loving useless

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Dislike button posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Dislike button posted:

lmao

lol poison womb reference

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
No offense to other countries, but it straight pisses me off that a American company seems to be favoring other countries with these allocation rates. I ordered 6 days ago, and have noticed PLENTY of UK/Aussy's getting their 42 WSB having ordered AFTER me. How in the hell is this fair?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Over the past 24 hours of owning the apple watch, I have received some positive and some negative comments. I welcome the positive comments, but I get really annoyed by the negative comments. I've had two close friends tell me that my watch is "exactly like an iPhone on your wrist" and "it's very ugly and pointless" and "you wasted your money." One of my friends even said "it's an ipod nano on your wrist, how is that new?" The sheer stupidity of that comment makes me cringe.

Another one of my friends wanted me to defend the reasons why I bought the watch and continued to nitpick and press-on when I refused to defend myself by simply saying, "I got an apple watch because I wanted it and I can afford it. I don't feel the need to defend my purchase."

It's been bothering me that people have the nerves to insult my new watch even after I tell them that I don't want to argue about it. What suggestions do you have to deal with the negative comments?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

io_burn posted:

Over the past 24 hours of owning the apple watch, I have received some positive and some negative comments. I welcome the positive comments, but I get really annoyed by the negative comments. I've had two close friends tell me that my watch is "exactly like an iPhone on your wrist" and "it's very ugly and pointless" and "you wasted your money." One of my friends even said "it's an ipod nano on your wrist, how is that new?" The sheer stupidity of that comment makes me cringe.

Another one of my friends wanted me to defend the reasons why I bought the watch and continued to nitpick and press-on when I refused to defend myself by simply saying, "I got an apple watch because I wanted it and I can afford it. I don't feel the need to defend my purchase."

It's been bothering me that people have the nerves to insult my new watch even after I tell them that I don't want to argue about it. What suggestions do you have to deal with the negative comments?

ok i NEED a link

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
WTF.... :apple: im sorry but you are full of S*IT right now. Ive seen numerous accounts of people getting configurations before people who order the same in the same country before the time the delivered config person did. Its freaking ridiculous. I can't believe they are justifying the deliveries as a logistics thing. I think if you are in the US or whatever country you should get your config before someone who ordered the same after you. regardless. Its already frustrating that a big number of configs weren't even available at pre-order launch to arrive the "24th" . Now there is news of :apple: arbitrarily deciding who gets what when instead of going in logical order. That gets me fuming.......:mad::mad::mad:

im not stressed. its more of the principle of the matter. dont tell people that the watch launches on this day and then not even have half the watches available to deliver that day. second dont deliver watches of the same type to those people who ordered after others in the same country, and then justify it by saying logistics. what really eerks me is that :apple: products are great and usually they are spot on with things; however, recently they have been things that arent :apple:esque. Now they are catering to celebs and just not being true to the people who have stood behind them since the Apple 2 days and color all in ones. Id say 80+% of people now who use :apple: because its a status symbol not because the product superior in the areas they need. Idk i just dont like how the whole release was handled. Not to mention I spoke to manager in Atlanta Two weeks ago who said that Angela (satan) wants to make every product online order. So you go to the store to see the item and test it then go online and order and have it delivered. The stores will become replacement hubs and product view centers. If that happens it will be a sad day.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

As a Millennial I posted:

ok i NEED a link

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1875998

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:apple:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i will buy that smiley if someone posts a good one

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

theres already :m10:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

"Sorry bro, we can't be friends anymore"

Apple for life!
Email Confirmation: 3:05:30 AM EST ~ Actual Order Time: 3:05:29 AM EST
EOD: No ~ Charge: No ~ UPS: No

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
that loving sig

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

that loving sig

pretty much all of those loving sigs. Jesus.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Guy at told me I was stupid and the watch was dumb and a wast of money. I asked him how much money he spent gambling and drinking each month. He got really quite and walked away... I said thought so. Everybody has their thing. He was better after that.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Squinty Applebottom posted:

i will buy that smiley if someone posts a good one
we already have the thread tag

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Logikv9 posted:

Guy at told me I was stupid and the watch was dumb and a wast of money. I asked him how much money he spent gambling and drinking each month. He got really quite and walked away... I said thought so. Everybody has their thing. He was better after that.

apple is a crippling, life ruining addiction. got it

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I love all these tattoo haters commenting, calling people with tattoos trash. As if not having tattoos makes you better than someone who does? I have both arms sleeved, am 33 years old, make over $300K annually with my own consulting business and have a net worth of over $2.5m... Am I "trash" because I have tattoos, yet my suit and business clothing covers them no problem? This site irritates me with fan boys and geeks who only have the balls to speak up online with anonymity. I chose not to purchase this watch as I see no need, and this watch is the exact thing that will define you as a nerd- just like the Casio calculator watch did. I'd rather have tattoos than walk around like a geek with a souped up calculator watch..!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

quote:

I have a theory that the more tattoos a person has the less smart they are, and vice versa.

Look at Asians. Very few of them have tattoos. Most of them are smart.
Look at athletes. Almost all of them have tattoos. Nearly none of them are smart.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

dont post my pic pls

pram
Jun 10, 2001
except that ugly trash furniture, christ what a prole

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I will never understand the shelves of empty product boxes on display.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

When the negative ninnies ask me if it can tell time I say "Sure" then "Hey Siri, what time is it" I read what Siri says and it is generally something that they have no quick comeback for. If you try it, just remember to smile big and proud-and a wink wouldn't hurt either.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

lol

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

asian hipster girls with tattoos are very kawaii qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
people with tattoos are mentally retarded

• Locked thread