Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I might be one of the few who actually preferred Blops over the MW series. I am excited for this game and actual real zombies not that knockoff poo poo I never played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I actually gave up ghosts about 6 months in, but the clan tag was pretty barren even then. Then again Ghosts was absolute poo poo. I think AW just came at a bad time and I need a break from shootyman games for a bit. I'm excited for Zombies though even though I'm terrible at them. I'm glad it's going to be a new story since I've missed most of the last Blops zombies maps.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Javes posted:

Now that we're on internet/speedtest chat: My town is getting gigabit internet next month, I'm tempted to switch over. $99/month with a two year contract, which is over twice what I'm paying now. I have now idea how much gigabit internet usually costs in the U.S., is that reasonable?

Google Fiber is $70 a month for gigabit with no contract, but that's google. I don't think there is any other real comparison from any other company on residential gigiabit.

Also, gently caress you.

That's all.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I would but I gave my disc to my brother. He'll probably give it back since he's dumb and doesn't like shootyman games.

I'm probably still terrible.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Nucka posted:

Ugh. Now I'm sad I traded in my 360 towards my ps4. Woe is me.

That brings up the question, how many of my 360 goons left for the PS4? Is that spreadsheet still around and updated?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

It is still here. Apparently 46 goons got it on PS4, although I don't know how much I trust "Wizard Master" so 45.

Whew, if Blops3 has HC with team killing again, I can try for Jetpack's spreadsheet again.

Wazzit posted:

Uhhh, I thought this was the WiiU cod thread?

I thought it was a given we all got it on the WiiU, even those who don't have one.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

JetpackJeezus posted:

Nobody tries to be on the spreadsheet - there are only people destined to be on the spreadsheet.

Well, getting to play with you on HC is a big drat step toward destiny.

Spoon Man posted:

The ratio of PS4 to XB1 from the previous game is irrelevant. More than one PS4 player, during the life of that COD, acquired an XB1 and purchased a second copy of the game for it. I don't believe the other direction occurred. I project many more XB1 players this time around making it a significant majority.

I'm sure one of Stu'a graphs could better illustrate my point.

I distinctly remember people on the PS3/4 complaining about how there was never anyone to play with, while the Xbox goons kept splitting parties so more could join in.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

More like Black Sucks 3.

I miss playing BO 2. That is probably my favorite COD. If Black Ops 3 has Kawaii camo then it's a day one buy.

I always enjoyed Treyarch CODs over IW CODs. May be because I started actually playing shootymans on Blops1.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Oh no, now when I buy the season pass I'll have to wait even longer to never play the maps.

There's extra maps? I thought the $50 was just a sacrificial offer to the COD gods to make me better.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I wanna see what zombies are going to be like.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I may actually play black ops again since the Xbone is getting backwards compatibility.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Bleh, I'm not going to be able to play poo poo until Blops3 comes out.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Wait do we still play/talk about Destiny here?

Isn't that the game that is inexplicably unpopular and everyone hates it but still somehow manages to thrive? Kind of like Nickleback?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Marlamaid Swordhand posted:

We're going back to Der Riese! :woop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmliMQMnUj0

Instead of embarrassing myself like I did before Buried for BLOPS 2 was coming out and instead of making a minefield of Call of Duty wiki links explaining the storyline that people don't really care about unless playing solo or intentionally looking for non achievement easter eggs during zombie crawler duty, here's a summary of what happened in the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVx4OOcIRXg

Zombies is the only reason I'm really excited about this game.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Amazon still won't let me order the hardon, digital pass, or season pass for the Xbone. Is that part of the exclusivity deal?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

Why would you buy digitally from Amazon? Just do it from the console.

I'm one of those weirdo fucktards who likes physical copies. Plus it seems like I got a $10 discount for being Prime.

quote:

I don't see any versions other than the vanilla game for any console when I look on Amazon
This is the US Link that I am using. You can only get the Collector's edition (SOLD OUT MY MINIFRIDGE!) and standard.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 13, 2015

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm 1000% with you on this. You were asking specifically about season passes and digital copies, though...

I was just saying they weren't even available. I would get the hardened edition too, but I'm done giving GameStop my money.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

VJeff posted:

I loving love the Remington and the KSG (favorite CoD weapons ever, cross-mapping people with the KSG never got old), but the Saiga and that other full-auto shotgun just didn't do anything for me.

There is nothing better than getting final kill cam OHK's on people across the map in hardcore with the KSG.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Got my tokens.

Friend Token: KWHQV-K42XC-VJ7Q6-TJM9D-Q7J6Z
Friend Token: WQGFP-K3DHT-H64W7-9KGMR-32TCZ

e: and they can't find my codes. How cute.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 26, 2015

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Looks like Xbox code redemption poo poo itself:

https://twitter.com/PlayBlackOps3/status/636349240197971968

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

CaptainJuan posted:

why the gently caress are people paying attention to this unverified twitter fan account

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Better?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Gothmog1065 posted:

Got my tokens.

Friend Token: KWHQV-K42XC-VJ7Q6-TJM9D-Q7J6Z
Friend Token: WQGFP-K3DHT-H64W7-9KGMR-32TCZ

e: and they can't find my codes. How cute.

Not sure if anyone took these, nobody posted if they did.

I'm at 97%, hope to be playing locking up with you all.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

How many goons/friends you have to play with you. In a CoD game, this is important; they simply aren't worth playing by yourself/without a crew.

I'm hoping there's going to be a better turnout at release for this very reason, if not, I'll probably be returning it quickly like I did AW.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Any open groups for the last night of beta?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Hopefully when they're laid to rest they can start beefing up the engine a lot more when they don't have to have at least some scalability with 10 year old hardware.

Scaling 20 year old software on 10 year old engines is hard :( :(

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

venutolo posted:

How does Extinction differ from Zombies?

It ends.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Mill Village posted:

I miss playing COD with COD bros. I play Destiny with COD goons, but it just isn't the same. :(

I do to, it's always a drat good time. Here's hoping this DLister actually gets into a party or two.

Biggest problem is I just don't have the time to play like I used to.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Inside Out Mom posted:

The spas in blops 1 was great because it sounded like a sneeze or smooches

Silenced it was a stapler. I miss that and the M60.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

beaner69 posted:

Wtf? No. AW is not good take it from a retard that max prestiged before they added more prestiges. It's a bad game.

Well depending on who you ask, all the CODs suck always, so it all pans out.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Zombies > Extinction, but not by much.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wow I guess it's post the wrongest loving opinion day.

Well then stop having them?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

venutolo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkIdOXSThFo

Blops1 had such good grenade spots and you could throw the grenades far. I loved dropping grenades on flags over buildings.

There was a good one on Summit from a -> c, same concept but you had to cook it a bit.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

venutolo posted:

Release date was updated at the end of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4KG7B1xxr0&t=556s

That loving song.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I want to point out that the well had negative verticality but the sacrifices to it made us win more so it was actually good

Sacrifices to appease the well god!

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

A Dire Weresloth posted:

I was more confused by the weird backwards slide into frame the girl did. The whole thing played out like a fever dream.

I'll have to rewatch it. I was too busy beating off to MURRICA.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Jesus that it some weak sauce. I had BlOps 1 for the PS3 and 360 and the PS3 version looked horrendous by comparison, jagged edges everywhere. I estimate the resolution to have been about 50p. I hear the last-gen releases of BlOps 3 will likely be locked at 30fps, has anyone else come across that info?

Hey, give them some credit. The 8GB zero day patch will fix all of that!

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

victrix posted:

Uh, FO is 4 and Halo is 5, this game is only 3

Technically this is COD 13 or something.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

They nerfed shotguns since the beta. You have to be right on somebody now.

Well this sucks, I was going to enjoy being one of those shotgun assholes.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Xbone players, add me! Gothmog1065.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Archimago posted:

I want to do at least one co-op campaign mission after work today because I'm a broken human being. I get home around 6-7 EST.

Join me, PC Goons.

Only if you were on the master console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Rei_ posted:

this moderate NAT poo poo is loving intense, i'm like the only yellow bar in a game with 12 people

I don't think I've ever had a consistent open NAT in any Call of duty, and I can't figure it the gently caress out.

• Locked thread