Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Stux posted:

they should just cancel this embarrassment of a game now and rerelease mw2 for ps4 instead
No joke, I would rebuy MW3 if they remastered it for PS4. The campaign is just like playing a Michael Bay movie. No idea what the gently caress is going on, but EXPLOSIONS everywhere.

Hopefully Treyarch will continue to follow their usual formula of taking the other studio's game, and making GBS threads on it from a great height with the improvements they make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I like how it starts off okay-ish, then it basically panics.

It's too hard to work out how far people are from each other and find a safe spot to put the dead ones. gently caress it! :supaburn:

As one of the few people who buys these for the single player, as well as the multi, I hope they bring back the custom story loadouts to dick around with at least. AW would've stayed on my shelf longer if I could just boot it up and screw around firing grenades everywhere. Or yaknow, having had actual control over what exo abilities to take. :rolleyes:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

SilentW posted:

This is good! it promotes people confirming existing kills and using ~teamwork~ to achieve victory!
Personally I thought it was so scrubs like me can play a TDM mode yet still stand a chance of getting a decent score or kill-streak just from picking up tags and maybe shooting the occasional man.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

SilentW posted:

that's teamwork though, feeding off of the work of the team.
Good point! :lol:

Hardpoint having rotations always bugged me. It being a random location would've made things much more crazy. Instead of 'This timer is down to five seconds, don't bother coming here when you spawn, head to the next point, stick claymores in all the doors and camp in the corners until it goes active.'

But I guess the spawning code would probably just burst into flames.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Gunder posted:

It sounds like a typical Treyarch COD game. Fun multiplayer, but with a poorly executed campaign. At least that's what the reviews and early players are suggesting.
Apparently the story is pretty 'eh' compared to BLOPS 1 / 2. One thing that Giant Bomb pointed out was that Campaign unlock progress is seperate online / offline as well. So I'm imaging people with poo poo-tastic internet like me will probably be getting Destiny flashbacks if connection drops mid-game even when playing solo. :barf:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm installing it in the UK here, just delivered from Amazon. Where is the Nuk3town code?

I pre-ordered Ghosts and it didn't come with a code for Free Fall and I got passed from pillar to post between Amazon and Activision and didn't get anywhere.

I want my Nuk3town.

Edit: WTF, is this accurate?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/black-ops-3-nuketown-map-is-uk-exclusive-at-retail/1100-6432005/
That might actually be breaking some EU consumer laws right there if Amazon were touting they had the pre-order stuff too.

Having played the Campaign for a bit, I'm reasonably sure it's supposed to be a semi-parody of itself by this point. The first major crisis in the game proper, within the is basically some dumbass forgot to uncheck the stay logged in box when using the NOT ALL THE TOP SECRET CIA OPERATION FILES EVER LOL cloud last.

And the very first thing you see ingame is our highly-trained spec-ops troopers not realizing that shooting down a plane that's on a flight path over them might involve flaming wreckage landing on where they're sitting. :lol:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

The Berzerker posted:

What's with this "The lobby is not joinable" trash?
I got a UI error while playing campaign and opening up the weapon customization. Had to restart the game on PS4 because my menus disappeared. :psyduck: The default pistol is so lovely, it actually breaks the game when you try to load the model apparently.

Seriously, that thing might as well have NERF printed on the side.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Freaquency posted:

Yo the campaign is dumb but I can attack people with flaming bees 5/5 GOTY
Seriouschat, go straight for the flaming-bees Chaos tree and don't look back. It sounds cool to be able to hack robots and tanks, but 90% of the time you have to kill everything else to get the hack off without being interrupted, so you end up controlling a tank, and with gently caress all to shoot. If anything it's basically a 'skip this long boss-esque fight' button unless it's a actual boss, and nothing will work. :argh:

Originally I thought the campaign was a bit of a piss-take on the rest of the games, but as it goes along, it becomes painfully obvious it's just awful writing. :sigh: Co-op ramps up crazily though. A area with normally only a handful of normal dudes, maybe one sniper and a few drones becomes a army with non-stop waves of drones, and snipers loving everywhere with four players.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
So the Nightmare mode you unlock for finishing the campaign has zero customization, and no progression in it whatsoever. It's basically a 'sprint through the campaign' mode with respawning zombies, and is boring as hell to play.

It's even the exact same cutscenes but re-dubbed with all-new dialogue and plot. But the story is actually more interesting than the original funnily enough.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Nash Regex posted:

It would be really cool if they pulled some Command & Conquer type poo poo and sent future-soldiers back to WWII to clean up hordes of nazis.

Like, redoing the Normandy landings as a decked-out loving super-soldier; tackling fifteen nazis into a wall and shooting spike grenades into bunkers.
Seriously the best part of the BO2 campaign. Going back in time with a self-targeting light machine gun and a gatling cannon like some sort of rear end in a top hat terminator mowing down cartel dudes with AK's. :black101:

I'm rapidly finding that everyone playing the same characters in MP is loving horrid. No distinguishing features between teams while everyone is running around as the same characters. :bravo: At least in previous games you could tell at a quick glance if a dude is on your team or not.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Got to admit, was expecting another 'nutter murders x/y/z because he wants to play CoD' story. Nice to see a positive one for once.

Xenaero posted:

Grinding my teeth at how bad the pump shotgun is post-beta

But I must max it.

This game is going to suck rear end trying to level everything to max. It's even more SMG slanted than ever before.
I await the day CoD finally takes a leaf out of Battlefield's book and makes shotguns that aren't loaded with magical disappearing pellets. Or at least ones with significantly more range than you could physically spit one.

limited fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 12, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Meta Ridley posted:

So I assume you don't lose Black Market items when you prestige? It would be retarded if you did, but this is CoD so you never know.
Considering there is a solid chance they'll be doing the black market pods as microtransactions in the future, I would be very surprised.

Nighthand posted:

I tried out the Dredge thinking it would be bad because it's a burst fire LMG
It's designed weakness is despite a 60 round mag, is that it's only ten shots, and it's got the LMG reload / handling speed to go with it. It's easier to get hold of rather than having to unlock all the attachments for the burst rifle though for the same sort of damage / range, which is another plus.

limited fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 12, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Jiro posted:

I tried the nightmares single player, but I was told that my progress wouldn't count for anything once the servers kicked back in.
You don't gain XP towards, or unlock anything at all, besides mission progression in Nightmares. So the only thing you lose is mission progression.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Gordon Shumway posted:

This is awesome. I'm assuming hardcore for this game includes teamkilling like BLOPS 2, right?

Prepare yourself, Jetpack...
Auto-kicks after three, no ricochet until they add it like they always do. I know, because it's still a pain in the tits to ID the opposing team despite the red LED hint someone pointed out earlier, and got booted from my first HCKC game after getting a bit over-excited during a bloodthirsty moment. :argh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Just as a pointer, anyone who wants a ton of One Shot, One Kill medals without needing to mess about with a sniper rifle, just head into hardcore with the MR6, the first pistol.

It's a nerf-gun in the campaign and core, but it's a OHK and a headshot machine in hardcore. Just double-tap while ADS'ing, and anything that isn't at extreme range will die as long as your aim isn't awful like mine. It's got a pretty respectable range too. It's giving me flashbacks to USP sniping from CoD4. :allears:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mister Macys posted:

Never thought I'd live to see the day when e-sports would play a game as it was meant to be played; with nothing banned by whining children.
The new word filter on class names is definitely the best thing though. :ohdear: Apparently I've been speaking all sorts of obscenities without knowing it.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Safe Driver posted:

You can shoot down rolling thunder ships with a gun and they're worth 150 points each. If you're quick you can get 5+ shot down.
Ah, the strafing run makes a return. The rage when you shot down the choppers before they even fired a shot into the live portion of the map. :allears:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Rei_ posted:

So for the Glitch challenge, if you huck a grenade and THEN Glitch, the kills from the grenade count as glitch kills. This makes it much simpler to grind out the cyberpunk set on Nuketown Hardpoint/Dom or w/e

edit: this is still a terrible loving challenge though, you have THREE seconds after a glitch to get both kills
I'm petitioning for a aqua-lung perk so I can camp in the bottom of water pools non-stop to get my ten underwater kills. :colbert:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Barf Wight posted:

Also is the ICR-1 any good? I've been using it with FMJ and suppressor but it still feels weak sometimes. I was a big fan of the g36c, is there anything that feels kinda like it?

E: found the community, sent a request
Try the HVK-30 instead. It's not quite as accurate, but the recoil is nice and controllable for picking off dudes with bursts further out. Plus it does enough damage to actually kill them instead of creating hitmarkers.

The ICR's got less spread, but the damage and fire rate suck at the moment.

The Realism difficulty setting on Campaign is almost comical. Several missions start you outside of cover, being shot at by a poo poo-ton of dudes, and you literally die before you can take a step. Plus the enemies don't die in one hit, they're still bullet sponges, even the human ones. :suicide:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Fibby Boy posted:

Why is everyone suddenly using the VMP and Vesper?
They're pretty solid SMG's, perfect for the BO2-style hold down sprint, hold down trigger when spotting player type of gameplay, as well as being able to do business inside AR ranges too which is just as loving annoying as it was in BO2 so they're popular to use.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

run engineer and blackcell then use corners to your advantage
They also explode from one EMP grenade. Pretty much anything that isn't a Hardened Turret explodes from a single EMP grenade, including the Cerebrus. Dunknow about GI though, because I've never seen one ingame to pelt it with one. :shrug:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Kerosene19 posted:

This.... this is my experience with blarps so far. I've tried dropping all the secondary poo poo just to run all the perks I can and still there's a motherfucker behind every single bowl of rice ready to cap me as soon as I move 10 feet from spawn. ugh
Funny thing is, I'm noticing the same. I'm not having problems with lag & gunfights, it's the godawful spawning, so I'm sweeping through the map, murder someone, and they immediately spawn inside my rear end in a top hat. I've seen it trigger from a distance on someone else too, Evac seems pretty bad for it.

There was someone last night who'd obviously had it down to a art in Exodus, as they weren't camping as such, they just kept re-locating on the left side of the map, so as soon as you spawned in, you were under their gun. I got clipped three times in a row before taking two steps out of spawn, and hit the ol' ragequit button.

beedeebee posted:

Am I blind or is there no way to edit your clantag and callsign card?
It's under the 'Menu' header. On PS4 it's when you hit the options button outside of a game lobby, and the card / clan tabs are in the lower right.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
You want ragemics? Run around with armed semtex in your hand in Hardcore Kill Confirmed. ( I was bored of try-harding, so ran around punching people and stealing their guns with all perks and a semtex. )

You drop the still-armed semtex when you die. So people were running over to grab the tags, and ending their streaks. And the best bit is, when people started running away, like with the MW2 Javelin gitch, you can still punch them, or stick 'em with the semtex. :unsmigghh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

greasyhands posted:

Does this one have a good zombies mode or what?
Nope. It's still lovely and utterly unfriendly to play unless you're with a group who's read the wiki. Can't even lazy-grind the unlocks with pubbies because the games hang on loading 90% of the time. :toot:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
To be honest, hard to get particularly excited about this. Seeing as just like last time they refuse to post numbers on weapon XP. Have I almost levelled my MR6 to level 11? gently caress if I know, there's just some squiggly yellow bar that doesn't seem to have moved at all. Could be one kill, could be one hundred.

Drav posted:

This is why all my classes have engineer and a launcher. At least I can shoot down the scorestreaks I give away by being terrible. :gbsmith:
It's worth thinking about just how furiously angry the person who just called that streak in gets, when you poo poo all over it before it's even had a chance to make it into the map and kill a single person. That, and you can easily add a disgusting amount to your score even while your team is getting stomped.

The calling card for shooting down a RAPS ship before it drops anything is adorable by the way. :allears:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I got a quad-feed for possibly the first time ever playing a CoD game, after driving a HC-XD into a group rushing B during a Hunted domination game. :toot:

But for some reason the game counted it as two double kills. I've been robbed. :negative:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mr. WTF posted:

What are you guys taking with you on prestige. Initially I was thinking Ghost, but once I got it - it just seems crazy nerfed...only works when you are moving at decent speed (some times walking, but definitely ADS'd will kill it).
Personally I'm unlocking Engineer next time. After having it, I feel half-blind being unable to spot C4 / tripmines through the walls. It's another indicator of which way the spawns are going in the map. Plus it means no blundering in front of turrets or guardians. :argh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Dalai Trauma posted:

My man have you tried a little thing called "Dom with pubbies?" Cerbs and Talons are like the go-to scorestreaks for the Good Guys who go there to beat up on Bad Players and Idiots Who Run Around With Pistols. (me.)
Grabbed mine taking out mostly Cerb's in KC. They show up on Engineer so you can find 'em, you can set off a EMP grenade to disable it from moving or shooting, and if it's taken any damage at all, you'll blow it up in one rocket usually thanks to any other damage it's taken in the meantime.

You could skip the EMP in theory and use Blind Eye, but if it's being player controlled you'll get mowed down anyway so it's safer just to disable and blow it up.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Hydrocodone posted:

A bunch of PS4 goons had a good time taking pictures the only pubby that didn't quit out of a glitched game, ElMario. It set up the teams with 7 and 4, the 7 being our 6 and another pubby, who eventually found our photo op and killed ElMario. So we tried to gravity spike him off of our team.
There's a similar glitch in Aquarium I saw where you can get atop the lamp-posts at the front entrance. Someone was sitting up there making people's lives miserable because whatever boundary was crossed made them unkillable unless you were firing from a particular angle.

Funkmaster General posted:

That campaign... uh, really goes places at the end there, huh?
The script and tone are so disjointed in so many places, it's cringe-worthy even for a CoD game. :psyduck:

:downs: 'We've been badass BLACK OP CYBORGS for so long I've lost track of time these five years.'

Then within a few minutes of starting the next mission-

:stare: 'Wait, we have computers in our brains to download stuff? WTF.'

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Javes posted:

New hotfix today, notable change is that streaks can no longer be shot down prior to entering the map.
drat, I'm glad I got my challenge for shooting down a RAPS before it deploys already then. That'll be irritating to try and get now.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Is the RK-5 some super pistol, but I haven't noticed? That's twice they've nerfed it. I guess it's too close to the XR-2 with a smaller magazine but with shittier range and accuracy or something? :confused:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

versus posted:

It's a very good backup weapon. As long as you don't spray too much, you can definitely kill 2 guys without reloading up close. It's better than I remember the burst pistol in BO2 being, but it's certainly no MW2 Rafficka, which was a pocket M16.
Man, I miss the Raffica. The MR6 is almost as fun as the USP from MW for sniping people with from ridiculous distances though. :black101: But explains why I don't get it, I rarely live long enough to need a sidearm unless I'm using it as a main weapon. :lol:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

ok so I played Nightmare mode on Veteran for a little bit this morning.. and it owns. Its fairly easy until you get to some parts.. nothing stressful, and it gives you a buttload of cryptokeys. Played for about 30 minutes and got 36 cryptokeys.
Wait, you can earn cryptokeys in that? The alternate campaign mode you mean, right? :monocle:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So next double xp probably Xmas eh?
Probably not, XBL / PSN servers are probably going to get bent over and hosed for two-three weeks again by the look of things.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Trophies are funnier than they have any right to be. Tossing one at B on Combine right at the beginning of the round and watching a spam of it just blowing poo poo up is hilarious. Although I'm pretty sure it killed me yesterday? I died on the site and it said "mistakes were made".
Just guessing, the Trophy might've blown up something too close to you when you were damaged by something else. Not too sure how it works this time around. Your trophy might've shot a explosive thrown at you, and killed you with it, technically meaning your equipment blew you up? :confused:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Killed myself with Gravity Spikes. (think it might have hit a car near me and blown that up? is that a thing?)
Maybe you hi- Wait, what? :stare:

Thanks for reminding me about the trophy system by the way. It's much better this time around because it doesn't disappear after two intercepts, so you can keep getting points without even risking a bullet. :getin:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

widespread posted:

Huh, guess that's my next unlock whenever I get it.

Also, thoughs on the Gorgon? A 2hk on an LMG sounds pretty spiffy if you ask me.
It's the landing the two hits that's a bit iffy. The fire rate and ADS are glacier-slow to make up for the damage. Good, powerful gun, but between hit-kick, lag, and 90% of the user base using SMGs, you'll get out-drawn, just plain miss, and die a whole bunch. Give the ManOWar a try if you're looking for something with a bit more power, but a more forgiving handling / RoF.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

teknetik posted:

So apparently they removed SBMM five hours ago. All this time I'm wondering what the gently caress people were complaining about as pubbies were exceptionally bad tonight.
I'd like to imagine some high-up at Treyarch dragging a programmer in-

:what: 'So, people are going nuts about this SBMM thing, what are we doing about it?'
:confused: 'Uhh.. No idea. We didn't code it in.'
:stare: 'Eh. Say we turned it off anyway.'

Personally I wish they'd tune down the levelling curve. It feels almost painfully slow this time around, and is really killing my urge to play outside of 2XP. I won't hold out my hopes for better spawns. :lol:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mr. McGibblets posted:

They need to fix HC TDM. If you shoot your teammates trip mines and let them kill you then you can boot the player that set them. I just had some guy who shot every trip mine I laid down and I got kicked.
Working as intended I think you'll find. :colbert: Because it's hilarious to do, and tripmines are pretty much pointless because everyone is running hardwired.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

housefly posted:

Have you guys seen or heard anything about #BlackMarketBlackout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nF_dmaE46g
Just from the first minute. $1700 on CoD points. $2000 on CoD points. :lol: Yep, totally going to make 'em change their mind right there. The next video is hilariously cringe worthy too. Even includes a Uncle-Nintendo segment too. :allears:

limited fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Wazzit posted:

I was looking for that dumb studio tour that IW had during pre Ghosts launch and stumbled upon this gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGzaHqeBFhc

I hate everything
Good god that was so cringeworthy. Can almost see the marketing execs ticking off a list of 'what's cool with the kids nowadays' with each section. Boobs! Junk food! Scooters!

• Locked thread