Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Jusupov posted:

Please don't post anymore until icr has a post on the first page

Please post so ICR posts on page 2 or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Kelp Plankton posted:

If your question is "What's new since I last played?" the answer is usually "SO MUCH STUFF, HOLY poo poo", this game has been on a tear with adding content at a faster pace than basically anything else around, and they've been hiring new developers, programmers, and artists to make it happen even more quickly.

David Brevik wants the team to get to a point where we're frequently getting 2 new heroes a month instead of just 1, alongside a monthly new team-up and frequent new content. I don't know if they'll manage that, but even just maintaining their current speed of content creation is impressive.

I guess the main thing I'm wondering is: will I have to relearn any major functions of the game to play, or is it the same gameplay with a lot of new content and heroes?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jusupov posted:

Please don't post anymore until icr has a post on the first page

:unsmigghh:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

jubelio posted:

Please post so ICR posts on page 2 or later.

Well done

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

rip ICR page 1

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Let's get him to page 3

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mangler103 posted:

I guess the main thing I'm wondering is: will I have to relearn any major functions of the game to play, or is it the same gameplay with a lot of new content and heroes?

It's the same game with a lot of new heroes and a bit of new content.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Do we remake the thread every time he posts now?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They better have a loving event when they patch on Friday, for the love of god

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

I seriously hope they never get to 2 new heroes a month, the amount of diminishing returns and hero bloat would be huge

Well after the 52s are done that will clear up a considerable amount of design team resources. Doing an extra hero every other month or so would not be unreasonable. It kinda fits with the 'goal' of 15 heroes this year.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Everyone in this thread has a higher post count than ICR in a Marvel Heroes thread. Let that sink in.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Midnightghoul posted:

They better have a loving event when they patch on Friday, for the love of god

It will be the new player friendly event, what ever that means. Probably story mode xp increases

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Maybe they'll get Black Widow right by the time Avengers 3 comes out

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They are going to run out of heroes at that rate.

Also new players, this game is pretty loving cool. Ignore spergs in this thread, hop on and beat up mooks as a super hero.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mangler103 posted:

The new stuff that you'll have to learn is basically the two raids. There's also a new Age of Ultron mode coming this friday, and Cosmic versions of the two patrol zones which are obscenely difficult comparatively. But the game still plays the same for the most part. There's some QoL stuff so it's more fun and easier to do some things, a lot of old characters got reworked so they'd be better, a lot of items have changed or been introduced, and of course there's a buttload of new heroes to check out too.

At it's core it's the same game though, you shouldn't have any trouble getting back into it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Their heroes usually need more time in testing, not less, so I don't think 2 heroes a month is a good goal to have.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
If anything the game has gotten easier to pick up with better design in talent trees, tutorials, some UI tweaks etc

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Drythe posted:

I'm pretty excited for Maggott in Advanced Pack 5

e; but yeah I really hope they won't try to release more than one hero per month.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drythe posted:

Let's get him to page 3

please no, we dont want him to kill himself

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

nostrata posted:

Well after the 52s are done that will clear up a considerable amount of design team resources. Doing an extra hero every other month or so would not be unreasonable. It kinda fits with the 'goal' of 15 heroes this year.

The problem with that is after the 52s are done they have to go back and pretty much redo most of the 52s that came out in 2014

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Grinning Goblin posted:

Everyone in this thread has a higher post count than ICR in a Marvel Heroes thread. Let that sink in.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I have to take my accomplishments where I can get them.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

please, we want him to kill himself

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Drythe posted:

we don't even have Howard the Duck yet, who is confirmed to be playable and coming within the next year

howard the duck for top tier hero let's make this happen

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

:sun:

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Swagger Dagger posted:

Their heroes usually need more time in testing, not less, so I don't think 2 heroes a month is a good goal to have.

Wow you are so wrong. 2 is obviously much much more than 1 it isnt funny. We have multiple spreadsheets that back this up.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wheres the cosmic today gif? Someone post that.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hail weed galactus

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kelp Plankton posted:

we don't even have Howard the Duck yet, who is confirmed to be playable and coming within the next year

howard the duck for top tier hero let's make this happen

What are Howard's powers even?

I only know him from the movie where he tried to gently caress Lea Thompson in her prime

thats a pretty good power

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

nostrata posted:

I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I have to take my accomplishments where I can get them.

what terrifies me is the frothy, autistic vengeance he will extract on all of us as he shitposts to regain his yellow throne

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Midnightghoul posted:

The problem with that is after the 52s are done they have to go back and pretty much redo most of the 52s that came out in 2014

Adjusting numbers and adding one or two new powers is significantly less work than entire 52s though. The reworks of those guys will be on par with Hawkeye and Black Widow's most recent changes- one or two new powers and a lot of mechanics and number adjustment to make things flow better, without requiring a ton of new animation.

Loki needs it the most though.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Play this game it's fuckin awesome.

We also have Australian reports saying the movie is good.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

What are Howard's powers even?

I only know him from the movie where he tried to gently caress Lea Thompson in her prime

thats a pretty good power

Maybe you shouldn't have gotten up to get more popcorn during the credit roll of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Drythe posted:

You're horrible at this 'ICR isnt here' thing

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hail dewritos galactus

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
gaz pls add skye to this game

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

jubelio posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have gotten up to get more popcorn during the credit roll of Guardians of the Galaxy.

His power is talking? Like Black Bolt?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Black Bolt has a lot of other powers btw

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Most of the QoLs won't need that much work though, mainly numbers passes and unique tuning. But the new powers and animations will be minimal.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

His power is talking? Like Black Bolt?

I think it's dog putdowns.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Drythe posted:

dont know which one you mean, posting this anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

One more post after this one and ICR is exiled to page 3

• Locked thread