Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've only cried three times while playing a video game. The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3, the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4, and this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

I've only cried three times while playing a video game. The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3, the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4, and this.

what a thrill...

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i cried playing mgs4 because i hated it and didnt want to.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

i cried playing mgs4 because i hated it and didnt want to.

You are a retarded human being

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

You are a retarded human being

its garbage

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

love this crap thats more about gimmicks than actually being an mgs game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

its garbage

turn your monitor on

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SM64Guy posted:

love this crap thats more about gimmicks than actually being an mgs game

Please leave.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

turn your monitor on

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you didn't think that the Snake-Ocelot fight at the end of MGS4 was the most epic conclusion to a saga ever then get the gently caress out of here

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

If you didn't think that the Snake-Ocelot fight at the end of MGS4 was the most epic conclusion to a saga ever then get the gently caress out of here

oh that was badass, also the only good bossfight in the game

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

oh, and the part where you fight ray, because it proves rex is way cooler

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

oh that was badass

SM64Guy posted:

also the only good bossfight in the game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, all that bad rear end stuff? Yeah that owned. The game sucked rear end though because I'm straight up nigtarded

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
MGS4 is even worse than a merely bad game because they put a couple hours worth of good MGS action at the beginning and then it's all stupid gimmicks & a couple good boss fights until the end.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

MGS4 is even worse than a merely bad game because they put a couple hours worth of good MGS action at the beginning and then it's all stupid gimmicks & a couple good boss fights until the end.

What gimmick?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The only gimmick Metal Gear * has is being amazing and honestly it's a gimmick every other game should strive to reproduce.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I like all of it except for the 90 minute cutscene at the end, which owns but is probably a little too long.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loved everything about MGS4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I loved everything about MGS4

This as well. Act 3 is some of the most fun Ive ever had in a game and all you do is walk slowly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Chapter 3 is the tedious stalking chapter with the motorcycle chase at the end, Chapter 4 had you sneak through robots for a little while and then have scripted battles with geckos, Chapter 5 was 10 minutes long but was kind of cool. Chapters 1 and 2 were mostly good MGS gameplay though the "Snake's in a warzone!" part didn't work like the developers wanted it to.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Business suit Snake

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

This as well. Act 3 is some of the most fun Ive ever had in a game and all you do is walk slowly

Thats my least favorite one lol.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like act 3 as well, and also in act 1 and 2 there are so many ways things can go. I love ot

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

my favorite part is the part where you follow naomi's footsteps because its just a bunch of chill sneaking and exploring and avoiding patrols

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

my favorite part is the part where you follow naomi's footsteps because its just a bunch of chill sneaking and exploring and avoiding patrols

and raiden whispering into your ear. tahst a cool part

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no one ever talks about mgs4 online. that poo poo was badass. even the roleplaying/crouching/knife/etc. servers were good because you could gently caress with their heads. it had text chat too which a lot of console games dont have, that owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't mgs3 have an online component too?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

no one ever talks about mgs4 online. that poo poo was badass. even the roleplaying/crouching/knife/etc. servers were good because you could gently caress with their heads. it had text chat too which a lot of console games dont have, that owned

It was incredible. MGS5 will be even better

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Didn't mgs3 have an online component too?

It did. And it was amazing too. As well as peace walker (kinda like MH online)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

It did. And it was amazing too. As well as peace walker (kinda like MH online)

didnt one of the MGS psp games have a monster hunter boss fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwoCvryu1n4 mgs is good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

didnt one of the MGS psp games have a monster hunter boss fight

Peace walker owned

Adbot