Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Here's one of my favorite clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXShAB7LMRc

I hope the break up didn't affect production on erocks Sliders movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

drat, they played "Let Herself Go" in the food court and now I want to hear that Patrice bit again

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Victorkm posted:

Holy poo poo Anthony did a to catch a predator bit with Chris Hanson to open his show.

http://youtu.be/WXgJ5m21Rs4

Clip

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

CrashCat posted:

drat, they played "Let Herself Go" in the food court and now I want to hear that Patrice bit again

41 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenK5ZvdiH4

Patrice and Anthony hearing the titles on the country top 10 and trying to guess what each song was about was the single best idea anyone in that studio ever came up with. I think they tried to make it a weekly bit until they realized that not enough of the songs would change each week to make it worthwhile.

Anthony thought "She Let Herself Go" was a song about a woman gaining weight. In a genre where easily half the fans are overweight women, he actually thought a country artist would record such a song, a country label would release it, country radio would play it, and enough of those fat women would buy it to put it in the country top 10. Even Patrice O'Neal knew enough about country music to point out Anthony's stupidity. When I heard that Patrice died, if that wasn't the first thing I thought of, it was pretty close.

But when Patrice first started on the show, I loving hated him. All he ever seemed to do was just repeat someone else's line and let out that awful shrill laugh very very loudly. Every loving time. I even sent an instant feedback to Anthony begging them to take him off the show, literally the only time I've ever tried to communicate with any of them. And now I'd give anything to have them both back to do that country bit again.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Pleasing Shape posted:

Patrice and Anthony hearing the titles on the country top 10 and trying to guess what each song was about was the single best idea anyone in that studio ever came up with. I think they tried to make it a weekly bit until they realized that not enough of the songs would change each week to make it worthwhile.

To this day I can't help but say any male country star's name in an awful Schwarzenegger impression because of this bit. NYAAUGH I'M BRAD PAISLEHHH, PLEASHUH TO MEETCHOO.

"With Clean Hands" is the best country song of the last 30 years.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

i love that the grey goose bottle seems half empty.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Giga Gaia posted:

bottle seems half empty.

Pessimist.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm feeling something I haven't felt from any of the shows for years: I get sad when Bennington goes to the outro music because it's over and I want more. It really is a fun show to listen to.

Trivia: Gail Bennington did voice-acting work on GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

JFC posted:

I'm feeling something I haven't felt from any of the shows for years: I get sad when Bennington goes to the outro music because it's over and I want more. It really is a fun show to listen to.

Trivia: Gail Bennington did voice-acting work on GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn3tel9FWU

I thought Satellite of Love was great, but this is even more perfect.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Bennington is a godamn great show and Gail is funny as hell.

Pepper is getting dumber every week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjHfLZG3i54

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
This guy is posting highlights of the show: https://www.youtube.com/user/HeyBuddays

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

Bennington has a lot more Silly Ron than R&F did, and that is a good thing

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Was listening to an old O&A segment of them trashing another show in '06, and a little after hearing a song parody, Otto goes "That Barry Manilow song took years off my life."

:sweatdrop:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I think the best feud they had with any other show was with The Maxwell Show. From how it kicked off with Louis CK to the point that Maxwell just kept repeating "Do the bit" in a bad Dice impression, it's some of my favorite radio O&A did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGZqHTiUcc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ronnie's new show really does make this past year+ of poo poo worth it all in the end

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Here's Gail's twitter: https://twitter.com/GailAaann

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Gail has a cute laugh, a wonderful sense of humor, really bad accents and characters, and makes fun of Pepper Hicks.

What more could you want? :syoon:

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Morter posted:

Gail has a cute laugh, a wonderful sense of humor, really bad accents and characters, and makes fun of Pepper Hicks.

What more could you want? :syoon:

Mental imbalance and a frustrating never-ending ambiguity towards all things?

I miss freak shows from O&A and R&F :(

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
I really do dig Ron Bennington, Gail Bennington and Chris Stanley Bennington but, boy, do I miss Fez Bennington.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Where's Shelby? I like how his twitter still says he works for Ron and Fez and he's been tweeting regularly.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

onemillionzombies posted:

I miss freak shows from O&A and R&F :(

I do too, particularly O&A. Bobo and Lady Di were to me the main reason I kept listening in the past few years. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I never get tired of them. The Lady Di internship was the last time I think they did some memorable poo poo. As for R&F, while I did enjoy when Ron would gently caress with Fez, near the end I was so loving tired of his bullshit. I already love Bennington, and there's a good chance it could only get better.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

It's almost a guarantee that "A schnyoodle" will make me grin like an idiot every time I hear it. :q:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
i just noticed that Mmmkay is in the same fraternity I was in. I don't know how to feel about that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

JFC posted:

This guy is posting highlights of the show: https://www.youtube.com/user/HeyBuddays

Hey, that's me! :)

Have some Poofington Vol 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLw6aqYqh0

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

It's almost a guarantee that "A schnyoodle" will make me grin like an idiot every time I hear it. :q:

Mmmhf... he's he's a schnyoodle awlright

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I just realized Norton's special has been out for weeks and I've heard nothing about it. How awful is it?

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Kevyn posted:

I just realized Norton's special has been out for weeks and I've heard nothing about it. How awful is it?

It's actually pretty good, probably his best yet.

And I have usually not been a big fan of his stand up.

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Droopy Goines posted:

Same on that, but i love him on the raahdioo..

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

FarmerHank posted:

I really do dig Ron Bennington, Gail Bennington and Chris Stanley Bennington but, boy, do I miss Fez Bennington.

I don't. At the end, it was nothing but misery with him. He needs to figure out his life in very serious terms because he wasn't in a good enough place to continue doing radio. And while the flipouts were funny in many ways, it wasn't funny all the time. The Bennington show makes me laugh and I can enjoy listening for a while. But Fez....at the end, even with the BL stuff, was just bringing me down.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Droopy Goines posted:

Special appearance by Jimcy! I approve.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I don't. At the end, it was nothing but misery with him. He needs to figure out his life in very serious terms because he wasn't in a good enough place to continue doing radio. And while the flipouts were funny in many ways, it wasn't funny all the time. The Bennington show makes me laugh and I can enjoy listening for a while. But Fez....at the end, even with the BL stuff, was just bringing me down.
Yeah, I didn't mind Ron poking the beehive because Ron is good at it, but when Fez kept lashing out at basically everyone else ever for everything I just wanted to slap him.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, I agree. By the time Fez retired, the schtick was well and truly played out, and there was definitely no hope for it ever to get better. I used to find it really funny whenever new guests found out about Fez's weirdness, but even that began to get stale over the last year or so ("Have you tried Gindr?"). If I'm ever in need of hearing Fez freakouts, there's almost a decades-worth of those shows archived. I can only imagine how happy and relieved Ron is that he's finally free.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

Pleasing Shape posted:

Bennington has a lot more Silly Ron than R&F did, and that is a good thing

i think my fav example of silly ron is pepper's birthday when hicks asks where his knife is and ron goes "it went home, it's with its mom knife now"

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/longest-serving-late-show-head-794985?utm_source=twitter

I'm going to laugh pretty hard if Opie & Jim actually end up going somewhere now that their show isn't attached to a lunatic racist who fantasized about killing black people on air weekly. Maybe that visual element's on the way. Ha ha.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

quote:

Justin Stangel added, "Plus, it's radio, so we don't even need to wear pants."

:roflolmao: I'm laughin' already! :roflolmao:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
can't wait to see opie on a network panel show

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pleasing Shape posted:

:roflolmao: I'm laughin' already! :roflolmao:
and punt

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Under the vegetable posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/longest-serving-late-show-head-794985?utm_source=twitter

I'm going to laugh pretty hard if Opie & Jim actually end up going somewhere now that their show isn't attached to a lunatic racist who fantasized about killing black people on air weekly. Maybe that visual element's on the way. Ha ha.

Haha, I thought Anthony was bullshitting about that. I'm surprised he actually blew up their spot (but I'm not sure how writers will fit in with a live radio program that traditionally has very little prep)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Well Opster, 30+ years and 0 t-shirts later, you're finally making a name for yourself. :shobon:

Good luck, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Bennington is unlistenably cutesy syrup. Apparently Pepper saying wacky things to Siri was good enough for someone to clip specifically and post to YouTube. In 2015. You are all insane.

It's a bunch of people constantly giggling at lukewarm to completely not funny things.

• Locked thread