Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah this is probably the slowest moving thread I follow, if it were split they would be two glaciers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Under the vegetable posted:

past you by. weather its funny.

The man's a multi-millionaire and white supremacist and can't speak his own language.

Sounds he he probably fits right in then.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you need to know where the show is going just listen to some Brother Wheeze clips.

MOTHA HUCKA

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't understand why anthony can't rent time at a pre existing nyc studio, that has to exist right? Why front all th equipment costs?

Of its because Keith is playing with his rich friends money and doesn't know what he's doing isn't it?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah if I'm remembering it correctly the episode where Opie walks out was delayed to start, and when it did go live (did it go live or to replay) nothing was said on air about the fight. Nothing was every said on air about the fight until the whole greggshells stuff.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Tr33 posted:

Well I mean, he is doing a morning zoo show. I'm just waiting for the day the hole shows up at this point.

... he is the hole.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah he'll probably limp around for awhile. I always thought he should just buy the riotcast network and put it behind a paywall.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually shocked when people remember SA is a thing.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

From what I heard Jimmy's advice show is basically:

"Dude you need to get into a 12 step program."

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So many people on that reddit are convinced they can end the show with their memes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I agree with what someone posted on reddit: this is the exact fan base they wanted to create and now the show has become one of those lovely morning shows that old O&A would call on to take this type of abuse.

The problem is instead of a new flavor of the week to target they just have Opie and they think that somehow their thousands of YouTube views will derail a multi-million dollar show.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He hosed Brea Olsen right? I think that would be the reason it's hitting close to home for him.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel pretty "Ewwwww" about Anthony's Opie-related shirts. Seems so petty.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh my god I just got to the part where Opie is saying Jim can't give him credit for anything.

This is like a loving conversation with my mother.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm not sure I would be so quick to jump on Ant's side. You know, the 54 year old with a beer in hand pleading "Baby, let's go sing a song" to his 20 year old girlfriend. The guy that always has a gun strapped to him and from what I read on reddit was search for a lost gun in a periscope around the time of this one.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

An Enormous Boner posted:

I'm not on his side. Just don't trust an obviously drunk habitually attention seeking person either.

Touche. I don't trust either side enough to form an opinion either.

And yes, Stetten wrote the xo-jane article, and was also fired after commenting on her own article in support of herself (thinking she was logged in as a fake account).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What I find interesting is he's being charge with imprisonment, but if the vine video is used for evidence it starts with him pleading her to leave his house.

drat though, they some serious charges.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I imagine Ant's house has security cameras everywhere, and that this case is going to come down to that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

An attorney was posting on the reddit and answered a lot of questions, assuming it isn't some lying shitbag.

Said the guns won't be taken yet. Also said a civil suit can be a mess for Ant.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Apparently that video is from April.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Lol at reading reddit in the year 2015

Yeah because who would know more about flash in the pan communities more than goons!

Also yeah I check the reddit almost daily. Only thing that annoys me is how powerful / significant they think they are.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Did he talk about his Dad?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just found out about all the stuff regarding his wife and cheating out him and it makes it harder for me to buy his 90s badass act.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Someone who's never worked PR wrote that.

(I mean, I know it's Keith.)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I watched a minute and just couldn't. I think the same experience happened to me on the first episode. The jokes made no sense, it's just a chain of teenage highschool humor with no logic.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I always hate those but it hit all the beats and the ending was perfect.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He actually had a solid response to Anthony's post.

quote:

Treating cruelty like a video game is called the Opie & Anthony show. What was Jocktober, just some mild joshin' around? You did a bit called Fatty Pig Fatty. You announced that the mayor of a city was dead on the air. You outted Jill for a leaky colon.

It seems like it's all well and good until it's nestled comfortably in your back yard and then suddenly all this behavior is despicable and you act surprised that it could possibly exist.

Stop acting like you're better than all this. You helped make this. People are going to say bad things and criticize. How long are you going to go on with the need for everyone to love you and tell you how right you are all the time. I think the majority of people here don't even care if it's true. They're reacting (there's that word again) and because it isn't positive praise, (you know, conservative criticism) that upsets you.

If this was an Opie mess, you'd already be pre-selling PeggShells merch and telling the sub how hysterical they are so shut your yap, "take the hit" as it were and honestly own up to why a myriad of tweets and instagram pics had to be deleted, damage control style.

That said, this is by far the most hypocritical thing you've ever commited to the immortality of the internet.

"Pure class". You know class? Aren't you up on felony strangulation charges? Classy.

Edit - Are you seriously threatening to shut the sub down for hate speech? Isn't there a video of you screaming the N word like a madman? What kind of speech is that when you use words like "animals", "savages" and the phrase "they aren't people". Sure sounds like hate speech to me.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/TACSdiscussion/

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

"Any of you that have spoken to Mr. Cumia know that the allegations are... yeah okay they're pretty true."

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think it's more likely he's just omitting a lot of facts.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He's an extremely arrogant personality for looking like a cro magnon.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lil Yimmy has a new podcast coming out about UFC:
http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Dgital-Media-Partner-Exclusive-On-Demand-Audio-Series

A whole new audience to get annoyed by his logic.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I've been listening to UFC Unfiltered which I really enjoy because it gives me that taste of Jimmy and pairs it with something I like (UFC) without the cancer of Opie or the racism of Ant. It is frustrating to hear Jim talk about Game of Thrones being his favorite show on TV and then fail to know any single character's name.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Holy poo poo

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Maybe he just does have enough money to retire and is enjoying his UFC podcast more than he realized he would.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You don't see Jim's brilliant takes on Tony Romo as showing off his sports knowledge?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The latest episode of UFC unfiltered is Jim by himself and he's just yammering about whatever random topic he had in his head. Then he interviews Rogan over the phone and sounds like someone that doesn't know him and is just setting up his next questions. That was like the half way point and I gave up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Jim / Sam combo actually would get me interested in listening to the show again if I had the time.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The problem with Opie is he co-hosted a comedy show where people riff on each other and is without a doubt one of the unfunniest people with the thinnest of skins. He's everything the enjoyable people on the show hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Comments are disabled for this video.

• Locked thread