Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I know it's annoying to hear people say this, but I'm throwing my vote out that the shows should be split to different threads. At least Bennington/R&F and the 202 poo poo. It just seems the fan base is more divided than ever at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Call Me Charlie posted:

If some butthurt human being wants to make his own Anthony Cumia thread where they can real talk about race or whatever horseshit they feel like they can't talk about in here without getting dogpiled, I'll PM a mod and get it removed from the title. Otherwise, I'm just going to leave it be and we can laugh at the funny clips Anthony posts on his YouTube and ignore all of the terrible stuff

Just to clarify, I am not said butthurt human being. I just feel the audiences are real different now. I'm all about Bennington now.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I just wanted to honor Anthony by promoting separatism. :banjo:

edit: If anyone's a fan of Kids in the Hall, the unmasked that aired today was fantastic.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 2, 2015

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

onemillionzombies posted:

I miss freak shows from O&A and R&F :(

I do too, particularly O&A. Bobo and Lady Di were to me the main reason I kept listening in the past few years. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I never get tired of them. The Lady Di internship was the last time I think they did some memorable poo poo. As for R&F, while I did enjoy when Ron would gently caress with Fez, near the end I was so loving tired of his bullshit. I already love Bennington, and there's a good chance it could only get better.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

It's almost a guarantee that "A schnyoodle" will make me grin like an idiot every time I hear it. :q:

Mmmhf... he's he's a schnyoodle awlright

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
"I'm sorry the bird flew into the house"
"You fuckin idiot"

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I was curious to hear what they had to say about the Stangel bros, so I checked it out, I hate to admit it but I was cracking up at the "Klerjonkst" game show Jimmy made up.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I am super bummed about Shelby being gone, he only became unfunny because as someone else described, he became the Theon Greyjoy of the Ron & Fez show. If he had been starting with Bennington I think he would have had a way easier time. Obviously I can only speculate, but I'd wager that the last year of Ron & Fez was much much much more tense than Bennington.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The Big Jay roast just started and it's already loving great

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jyrka posted:

Anthony bombed and it was "bah-ruuutal".

Oh my god, it was so awesome. Everyone did great except him, so wonderful. Right after, Luis just goes "That was uncomfortable".

On his podcast before the show, he said he hadn't really prepared and he didn't ask for help from other comics. Smart.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jerkstoresup posted:

poo poo, didn't know that was tonight. I usually listen to LoS days or weeks after it airs live, will it be possible to listen/watch the roast tomorrow?

Also more relevant to the thread, was there Cumia/DeRosa drama?

Nah, not really. He did so bad that any Derosa jokes were lame. Other peoples Derosa jokes were way better.

I can't say enough how good this roast was.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Luis is also saying Ant didn't bomb. For shame. It was so funny when he addressed how bad Ant did. I mean gently caress, it's fine that he bombed, it even happens to good comedians, why can't he man up and just take his lumps? As much as Ant sucks, I think it's awesome that he broadcasted it, it's easily the funniest thing I've watched in months. Be proud of that and take the bad with the good, you delusional pedophile.

There was a really corny joke he made in the set that made me cringe the most (I have to watch it again, I can't remember exactly what it was), but it reminded me of a non-ironic version of Norm MacDonald saying that Greg Giraldo was "for the birds"

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Luis:
"Wow.. that was awkward! You said this was your first time doing a roast... I didn't think this was your first time behind a microphone.. holy poo poo!"
Luis clearly thought Ant did great at the time!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

therealjon_ posted:

Isn't their podcast hosted on Ant's network?

Yep.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

Some will kill and some will rob
Why don't they just get a job

WEIRD COONS!

Close the thread, we don't ever need other posts about Ant anymore after this. loving hilarious.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Yes it is. I like both of Jay's shows, he's awesome on radio.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I laughed so hard when Gail was explaining that she got upset as a child about a plastic bag blowing across the street and her mom having to calm her down by telling her the bag was going to see it's family.

Also not for nothing, Bonfire rules.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Has anybody been able to get The Anthony Cumia network stuff for free? I've been able to use it for free for like months now, which is great because I get to still watch LOS live. Is this on purpose or is someone loving up?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

If this is unintentional, you've more than likely just ruined it for everybody.

Be sure to tell the teacher that she forgot to give homework for the weekend, too.

I'm sorry I just got nervous from all the Joe Cumia threats of police action, he said he's alerted the authorities of piraters! :ohdear:

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

FarmerHank posted:

Bobo was the driving force of O&A. He was the most important host. I miss him the most.

I truly love him. The most unintentionally funny person to have ever lived.

After the Allie from Canada segment:
"wow that was rough bobo, what are you gonna do tonight to get your mind off all this?"
"Mmff... probably just going to have some barbecue...."

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

TL posted:

It was just announced that East Side Dave is getting a show on Anthony's network. Apparently it means no more Watchers or Davey Mac Sports Program.

Anthony will be smart to keep concentrating on getting other awesome people for the network, because his own show is the crappiest. I'm hoping Dave doesn't do a sports centric show (even though Davey Mac Sports Program barely is)

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Does anybody else hate listening to Joe? I've kind of stopped listening to Bennington because I just can't stand him.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Well we can agree that Dan sucks too, his voice is irritating. Maybe I'm wrong about Joe, nobody else seems to hate him. His whole personality to me just feels very affected and precious. Like faux-weird or something. He bores me. I don't like that I've thought this much about it, but for some reason he just drives me crazy. I miss the show having weirdos.

Droopy Goines posted:

I agree, Dan sounds like he's constantly trying to avoid gulping up cum.

Perfect description.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
edit: nvm

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 26, 2015

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

O__O posted:

Jeffrey Gurian did an ama where he doesn't really answer anything (not that he got a ton of questions) https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3v18ar/iama_comedy_writercomedianauthorradio_personality/

Oh my god this might be even funnier than what happened this morning

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Bobo is God. I'm always happy when I hear him.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Mmmmmf... I'll have the tossed salad...

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Another one: after his heart was broken by the "Canadian" girl from Twitter
"Bobo, do you got anything you can do to cheer yourself up tonight"
"Mmmf.... I dunno, I'll probably just have alot of barbecue"

You can't write genius exchanges like that.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Dookberg posted:

"Bobo, I can't imagine the horror that's about to be visited upon you."

And then after she left, Colin says one of my favorite things ever:
"I thought these guys would stoop to something like a transvestite. I never thought they'd stoop to an emotional connection... that would shatter your Friday, but that's just what they did...... (long studio silence)..... This was the most brutal thing I've ever seen in my loving life"

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm still sad to this day that Colin's other brilliant idea was never executed. He suggested that they give Bobo some of their own money and see how he does day trading. The idea of Bobo sitting in a corner of the studio with a green visor on, losing their money, is magical.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The monkey's no kin to me, yeah yeah yeah

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Cory Lidle posted:

I think the real question is: has Ronnie ever divulged the NYE story that he would always dangle over Fezzie's head about Fez getting "inappropriate with a kid?"

Did you call in on Tuesday? Because someone called to ask this very question

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

I'm dumb, can someone explain what's going on in that picture? I know he's been known to favorite all these 9th Grade girl twitter accounts, is that what's going on here too?

edit: god dammit, it says right at the top, I loving suck

I think the victim in all of this is East Side Dave

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 7, 2016

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phlag posted:

Interesting - Chris Stanley was invited to join ESD on the new show, but he turned down the offer. And when Ron was considering joining Anthony back when, Chris said that he wouldn't be a part of that new show. Is it a love of SiriusXM, a hatred of Anthony, or something else?

The only time I've ever heard Chris get upset with Ron, it was an argument over the stop and frisk thing. He's not a fan of cops either. There are other examples, but most of his viewpoints are pretty opposite of Ant's. Besides that, I feel like Chris hasn't given a poo poo about any of the Davey Mac stuff in a long time, he always sounds so phoned in.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm loving loving it already, what a magnificent retard. Right now they're showing a clip of him getting angry with a DirectTV rep on the phone.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

VikingSkull posted:

Having him do this every other week is perfect. If he did this every day I'd hate him in a week. Once every two weeks? This is awesome.

Awww, I thought it was once a week :(

blackmarketlimb posted:

I hope this is a launchpad for Davey Mac to somehow worm his way back into SiriusXM. They can never be like the old days where he tormented the original big dummy Earl, but he'd be such a nice fit for Bennington.

We can always dream...

edit: welp, he did a segment where he poo poo all over SiriusXM

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 13, 2016

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Put it this way, if you're even just lukewarm on the idea of Dave MacDonald, it's not for you. I, however, love his antics.

And also, that's funny that Creampie Jones is the producer, I always heard he went the way of Intern David where he didn't ever want anything to do with the show ever again.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Lovechop posted:

i never actually listened to r&f that much are there many other bits like this because i'm dying hahahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv5QcSrYuak

Here's one a couple people have referenced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9L6MRL74Vo

After this, Ron was never again allowed to speak during a live read. There are other live reads where he blatantly makes fun of the products too.

edit: there's an entire playlist dedicated to "Fez torture".

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXLxzjFhY8cgC8vYZA6k7Gzv6wUHBHVI1

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 20, 2016

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

VikingSkull posted:

the dog driving away alone line slayed me

I'm glad you didn't give context, because when I got to this part I lost my mind laughing... such a quintessential Ronnie B thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

AndrewP posted:

While we're talking about ESD's new show, here's one of my favorite R&F Dave clips - "Dave reads bad poetry". The shittiest story ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRpdPyjrSe4

"PAY THE MOTHERFUCKER!"

A similar clip, also awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBVlR1he7gQ

• Locked thread