Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
It isn't rocket science, its a grilled cheese. Use regular bread and cheddar cheese, dont try to do anything fancy and dont make it with white trash ingredients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

So nothing "trashy" and nothing fancy, just mediocrity all around. Got it.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

So nothing "trashy" and nothing fancy, just mediocrity all around. Got it.

With a comment like this I can only imagine how lovely you make a hamburger

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

But white bread and american cheese is all I know how to use OP :smith:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
So what if I use velveeta and saltine crackers?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

What if I use whole wheat bread and american cheese? Is that ok? Because honestly when I think "grilled cheese" that's what I think and don't you fuckin try to tell me otherwise

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So what if I use velveeta and saltine crackers?

Youre only posting this comment to get a reaction, if you arent going to take grilled cheese sandwiches then gently caress off idiot

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Youre only posting this comment to get a reaction, if you arent going to take grilled cheese sandwiches then gently caress off idiot

don't be so sassy, what if that's all his family could afford for grilled cheese as a kid and now that's comfort food?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Really though, who are you to tell people what they shove in their faceholes? Why are you so incensed at the idea of people making a plain grilled cheese?

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it
Your mom grilled my American cheese with her sandwich last night. She's white bread as gently caress

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Make a jaffle instead.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Even better, order a jafflechute.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

But Not Tonight posted:

What if I use whole wheat bread and american cheese? Is that ok? Because honestly when I think "grilled cheese" that's what I think and don't you fuckin try to tell me otherwise

Yup. And both sides of the bread buttered because Gram knew how to party. Although, whoever introduced me to a smear of mayo on the outside for maximum crust is my :effort:food hero.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Grilled cheese really is just a dipping tool for tomato soup anyway.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Tomato soup? Is that still a thing? (just asking because while growing up it was THE only soup that existed, so I haven't looked back)
Grilled cheese is a vehicle for shoving chilli or chilli sauce into your maw. Or vegemite. Or ham.
There's no minimum entry requirements to it at all. It's the bread of the people.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 30, 2015

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

So like this?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Fo3 posted:

Tomato soup? Is that still a thing? (just asking because while growing up it was THE only soup that existed, so I haven't looked back)

Where did you grow up that the only soup you ever saw was tomato? You never saw chicken soup? Or any other kind of soup at all?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Classic is best.

A book older than America posted:

To make a Scotch rabbit, toast the bread very nicely on both sides, butter it, cut a slice of cheese about as big as the bread, toast it on both sides, and lay it on the bread.

To make a Welch rabbit, toast the bread on both sides, then toast the cheese on one side, lay it on the toast, and with a hot iron brown the other side. You may rub it over with mustard.

To make an English rabbit, toast the bread brown on both sides, lay it in a plate before the fire, pour a glass of red wine over it, and let it soak the wine up. Then cut some cheese very thin and lay it very thick over the bread, put it in a tin oven before the fire, and it will be toasted and browned presently. Serve it away hot.

Or do it thus. Toast the bread and soak it in the wine, set it before the fire, rub butter over the bottom of a plate, lay the cheese on, pour in two or three spoonfuls of white wine, cover it with another plate, set it over a chafing-dish of hot coals for two or three minutes, then stir it till it is done and well mixed. You may stir in a little mustard; when it is enough lay it on the bread, just brown it with a hot shovel.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

whoredog posted:

So like this?

holy poo poo fuckin :barf:

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
What the hell is "regular bread?"

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Tiggum posted:

Where did you grow up that the only soup you ever saw was tomato?
my parents house.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

It isn't rocket science, its a grilled cheese. Use regular bread and cheddar cheese, dont try to do anything fancy and dont make it with white trash ingredients.

gently caress you you're not my dad

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Lord_Ventnor posted:

What the hell is "regular bread?"

Wholemeal, sandwich sliced.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr. Wookums posted:

Grilled cheese really is just a dipping tool for chili anyway.

ftfy

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

What's wrong with being a fag?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Process your own Gouda and Gruyere with sodium citrate, toast it in a couple slices of sourdough smeared with the hottest mustard you can find and some sort of tomato product, and eat. Or white bread and american cheese, that's fine too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
white bread and american chease is good OP

its good

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Butch Cassidy posted:

Yup. And both sides of the bread buttered because Gram knew how to party. Although, whoever introduced me to a smear of mayo on the outside for maximum crust is my :effort:food hero.
Are you ready for me to change your life forever? Try using Mayo instead of butter.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

What if the very idea of having mayo in my house makes me nauseous.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

White bread, american cheese, and mayo to grill it with instead of butter.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Oh my god, you're a genius.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Honest question: what are you referring to when you say 'american cheese'? Cheese spread? Those weird processed cheese slices?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 3, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bloodly posted:

Honest question: what are you referring to when you say 'american cheese'? Cheese spread? Those weird processed cheese slices?

Most people are talking about the slices, yes.

Personally I use this stuff.
https://boarshead.com/products/cheese/652-american-cheese-loaf-yellow

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
California black bread and swiss cheese. I could go for one right now :getin:

Minimum effort on the bread demands atleast sourdough

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bloodly posted:

Kraft singles probably

poo poo, meant to edit that into my last post

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

American cheese :barf:

Reach for a well-aged, extremely sharp cheddar.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Or don't and make your grilled cheese however the gently caress you want.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Heatwizard posted:

Oh my god, you're a genius.

If I'm responsible for at least one other person realizing that truth I can say I've lived a worthy life.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
I like wensleydale and science agrees
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10621377.Science_has_it_licked___Wensleydale_makes_the_best_cheese_on_toast/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
For regular old grilled cheese, I'll go white bread, mayo and american. Why not? If I want a grown up grilled cheese, I like sourdough, gruyere, mayo, tomato and thin-sliced ham.

• Locked thread