Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

baka kaba posted:

Like Asymmetrikon's saying, I guess you want something like this?

Yeah, match/case is a really powerful construct and tends to be underused by everyone in scala, especially beginners. It should not only replace isInstanceOf but also things like isEmpty, contains, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Looks like the Scala thread got nuked. Has anyone used any of the various GIS libraries for Spark? More importantly do you have one you like? Most of the APIs seem to have been written by someone who doesn't understand why the existing Spark API is designed the way it is.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Has anyone used Finch? How was it? How does it compare to AkkaHttp or http4s?

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hey folks, I'm currently familiar with Java 8's support for functional programming with some basic knowledge of rx Java.

I'm moving to a job where I will spend a lot of time in Scala, with Akka. Can anyone suggest any good tutorials to get started with that? Thanks.

Twitter's Scala School was great but is now painfully out of date. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere that's reasonably current. Akka's docs are pretty good if you're want to sit down and read through them, although terrible if you want to google something.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Are they still on 2.8?

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

timick posted:

I'm not sure what you're after but would it be enough to have a leaf that looks like this instead?
code:
Leaf Integer
Where Integer would be the Integer value from the parent node.

Isn't that just CoFree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

My one gripe with Clojure is the lack of an ORM, which is entirely because my SQL skills are relatively lacking. :negative:

Be the change you want to see in the world

• Locked thread