Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Snak posted:

edit:^ yes, because I thought there would be an easy way to get at the int value of a enum type, like there is in c.

This is the assumption you have to drop - algebraic data types in Haskell are not like enums in C, usage of the Enum typeclass not withstanding. It's not like C where there's an underlying integer that you can just reach in and grab. If anything you can forget most of what you know from C/C++ when doing Haskell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Ralith posted:

The Haskell Platform is pretty much deprecated in favor of Stack, FYI. It keeps things isolated and is generally a huge boon to reliability. The GTK bindings are kind of broken on Windows, and I don't think Leksah (or EclipseFP for that matter) is really very well supported in general; most people just use one of the major editors like Emacs or Sublime or Atom.

EclipseFP is dead, the main guy stopped working on it. If Emacs is too much I'd go with Sublime, Atom or VSCode.

Also I thought the platform was using stack internally now? There was a big debate about it a few months back.

• Locked thread