Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Barnyard Protein posted:

I'm trying to relearn modern algebra, this book is excellent in terms of being fast paced without assuming too much about how much you already know. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0486474178

I ended up buying this from your recommendation, and it (and some other mathy/cs books) just arrived today. Thanks for it, it looks really great so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

I found Etudes for Elixir to be kinda neat too, but I also enjoyed etudes for erlang as well.

MononcQc's Learn You Some Erlang can be helpful too; its erlang, but any of the chapters about OTP/general erlang ecosystem stuff can be really helpful for Elixir stuff still; also you may find yourself using some erlang libraries here and there and this can be helpful as well.

There's also Elixir Rader (and apparently another, Elixir digest, that im sure is comparable) that collects library news/cool articles/ etc if you want a newsletter to pepper your inbox; i kinda enjoy the "weekly news" things for languages but it might not be for everyone.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

There is http://sqlkorma.com which is somewhat close but after looking is much closer to straight sql... The defentity macros seem to stray closer to orm style things though.

I've never actually used it so idk how ready it is to use for a real app, but I've had it in mind for whenever I wanna do a clojure app

• Locked thread