Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Pron on VHS posted:

I have some steps that will get you a comfortable job, but it may take a few years:

1. Learn Excel really well, by buying a book. Learn it up to the point where you are learning the VBA that underlies the program.
2. Learn SQL really well, at least querying.
3. Learn the basics of data science. How to clean/scrub data, etc.
4. Go to Khan academy and learn as much as you possibly can about statistics.
5. Learn a statistical language like SAS/R. SAS may be hard because you need an expensive license.

6. Start studying for, and pass, your CFA.

Now you have the requisite skills and education to get a job as a financial analyst. Your career is set, there are plenty of jobs in this field, and you will earn good money. This is all doable, but you will need tremendous work ethic to self-teach yourself all of this. Ideally after steps 1-5 you can find an entry level analyst job that will give you income while you take the 3+ years to pass the CFA.

My friend is in the process of doing this, but was only able to get the entry level analyst job with her English BA by being fluently bilingual, with experience as a bilingual representative at a call center for vendors. She does make good money, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread