Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I hope this is allowed but basically dude I have a question about joining the USMC. I was convicted of felony assault last year and served a prison term which has since elapsed. I've wanted to join the USMC marines corps since I was a kid and I'm wondering how much of a hinderance this will be to my application process. Im also have ongoing issues with drug and alcohol abuse, but I've cut the drugs out of my life but I still drink alot of wine. What was the drug and alcohol testing process like? Can I try to be sober for a few days during the drug and or alcohol testing process and then get back to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm excited for this thread. :munch:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm excited for this thread. :munch:

I actually glanced at the thread title and figured it was the new USMC chat thread title

Which says a lot if you think about it

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
you'll fit right in

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

roboshit posted:

I hope this is allowed but basically dude I have a question about joining the USMC. I was convicted of felony assault last year and served a prison term which has since elapsed. I've wanted to join the USMC marines corps since I was a kid and I'm wondering how much of a hinderance this will be to my application process. Im also have ongoing issues with drug and alcohol abuse, but I've cut the drugs out of my life but I still drink alot of wine. What was the drug and alcohol testing process like? Can I try to be sober for a few days during the drug and or alcohol testing process and then get back to it?

Lol get back in gibbis fag they're easier to troll

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
you actually have to shoot a random person on the street to get into the marine corpz to prove ur not a pussy

do it

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

terrez posted:

you actually have to shoot a random person on the street to get into the marine corpz to prove ur not a pussy

do it

Actually you have to kill a family member.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011
OP they're just loving with you, look what I'm about to tell you could very well get me killed but....You have to kill yourself. Ever hear the phrase "marines don't die they just regroup in hell" or whatever? You have to kill yourself and fight a dragon in hell to prove yourself.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

to be 100% honest, you have a pretty decent chance of getting in. The marines are actually P. cool about drugs and poo poo, it's why we invaded Afghanistan anyways.

Most Marine recruiters kind of work on the recruiting pathway of black ops and so fourth. You can be a "general grunt" or you can go in to the recruiter and say these exact words: "Too bad I can't smoke a fat blunt with Chesty Puller.." At that point, the recruiter will probably tell you to get the gently caress out. It's a ruse, don't do it, stand your ground. If you have some weed on you, light it up and say "Semper Fi bro." He'll understand and respect you after that, and you have passed the test to be one of the few elite marines that you sometimes hear on the news, although probably not because they covered it up and probably said Army PsyOps did something lol.

You won't have to go through boot and you'll automatically get Sergeant.

Good luck!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope you like being a fuel dawg

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

roboshit posted:

Can I try to be sober for a few days during the drug and or alcohol testing process and then get back to it?

Absolutely. Your body will eliminate all traces of drugs within 72 hours, without exception. You should definitely attempt this.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Serious talk: I've actually overheard some Marine at MEPS talking to some random saying, "If you really want to serve your country, despite your past, you'll more than likely get in." which I'm sure is code for "get more criminals in the Marines so we can send them in to die first". Go for it OP, just please tell your recruiter that you've done drugs in the past thirty days.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 1, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
When you go to the recruiting station, pull down the recruiter's pants and whip out your cock. Call him "GUNNY human being OORAGH" and then gently caress him in this rear end. This is how you become a marine.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tell them you're joining so you can use the VA to pay for gender reassignment surgery.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

When you go to the recruiting station, pull down the recruiter's pants and whip out your cock. Call him "GUNNY human being OORAGH" and then gently caress him in this rear end. This is how you become a marine.

If only Hekk were still a recruiter

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This would be an epic troll thread if it didn't describe like half of enlisted people to a T

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

This would be an epic troll thread if it didn't describe like half of enlisted people circa 2005-2008 to a T

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sure he can join ageis or blackwater and then threaten to kill people he doesn't like circa 2011.

Pmc, nanomachines, follow the money...

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

who smokes weed 6 times or less lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It was hard for me to understand this as well dude, but 2007 was 10 years ago.

Also this is shitthatisn'treal.fuelbeems.jpd.exe

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

the dad farm posted:

who smokes weed 6 times or less lol

me

i wasn't cool in high school :(

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Wait for the next election, if we go to war with another country you are a shoe in. They'll waiver everything.

Right now you have to suck a mean dick to get in with that kinda rap sheet. Or you know kill some hookers and then request to serve your time in the corps. Do they still do that or is that only in the movies?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MaxPowers posted:

Wait for the next election, if we go to war with another country you are a shoe in. They'll waiver everything.

Right now you have to suck a mean dick to get in with that kinda rap sheet. Or you know kill some hookers and then request to serve your time in the corps. Do they still do that or is that only in the movies?

maybe not the killing part but I believe New York still does this, and some parts of the south. I am not sure however as I have only heard of one occurance that was verifiable, and the dude just told the judge he would join the Marines instead of go to jail and the judge thought that was the best thing for him to do.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
OP, I recommend that you seriously consider the French Foreign Legion. Although the Legion has fewer commercials set on earth's most disco chessboard and definitely HBO fewer miniseries about it, more JCVD movies star Legionaries than Marines, which is a hard fact to argue with. Also, the Legion doesn't ask a lot of questions about your drug use, and considers a tendency towards impulsive acts of physical violence a plus. I recommend elnlisting on a Pioneer/Sapper contract, since they get to grow sick beards like Special Forces.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You don't have to worry about drugs. Just be sure to drink GOLD SEAL tea for a week before hand it will purge it from your system.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Dead Reckoning posted:

I recommend elnlisting on a Pioneer/Sapper contract, since they get to grow sick beards like Special Forces.

You forgot their metal as gently caress axes :black101:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
gas this gay thread

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I always wanted to join the French Foreign Legion but I also wanted to go enlisted in the marines after I got my masters so lol I make good decisions.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

krispykremessuck posted:

gas this gay thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mike-o posted:

You forgot their metal as gently caress axes :black101:

And aprons.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
You should buy a USMC dress uniform and wear it around to see if it feels right; make sure to festoon it with the medals you think you'd earn.
If anyone asks/thanks you for your service, look down, clench you jaw/fists, allow one tear to stream down your cheek and say "some gave all..."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Midjack posted:

And aprons.

those are some hard working men aprons worn by hard working men. i dont see a carhartt logo anywhere so they arent as good as here, but stil hard working.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
join the air force instead, I hear they hand out meth like candy

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
gas this gay thread

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZrEAkcL5E

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5KA4SkxUDg

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I love that they're both huge pot smoking hippies now

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkkRjhAcDks

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 3, 2015

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
Use of tactical chemical weaponry has been authorized. N4I do the honors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Booblord Zagats posted:

If only Hekk were still a recruiter

If only... I am getting a semi just thinking about this thread.

• Locked thread