Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Shriobako has taught us many things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"Okay! Then I'll cover myself in blood and attach an umbilical cord, okay?"

This show is great, and dumb. :)

Eruna should really form the Girl's Club. Club activities for girls, by girls and about girls. A girl's club for girl-loving girls who had no choice but to enter a coed school. They won't speak of males or even give them a single glance. After school there will just be those girls. Only girls. They'll spend their time delightfully, beautifully.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 19, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It would have to turn into the karate club eventually though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Naw, they only allow cultural clubs at their school.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I still can't believe this is only a one-cour show. Everything about the pacing makes it look like a 26-episode job.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You know when it said "super energetic and super gay" in the OP I was not expecting her to actually straight up skip school to fantasize about her waifu, and that makes it much better. Ganbare Eruna

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Poil posted:

"Okay! Then I'll cover myself in blood and attach an umbilical cord, okay?"

Watched the episode, and this was the best bit. Such a great little throwaway joke.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Watched the episode, and this was the best bit. Such a great little throwaway joke.
Yeah, it's great how they just rolled with how the conversation unfolded.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Has there ever been an anime character half as straightforward as Eruna?

Also, I was not prepared for exactly how gay Eruna is, but that's ok.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dang, those eyes

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i don't know what i was expecting of purple girl

i was certainly, however, not ready for her being amazing :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

pandaK posted:

dang, those eyes

Hey man, sometimes your eye just decides to wander off your face a little bit. It happens.

After watching a few more episodes, I can't really call this show good, since it is being carried entirely on Eruna's incredibly gay shoulders and I couldn't care less about anyone else, but man the fights are good despite being ridiculously off model. If they had been able to put full effort to them I'd put them on par with Kyousougiga and the finer battles of Gundam Build Fighters.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
At the very least given the latest episode I think purple girl could carry the show too, at least partially. They TRY to do things with other characters but they just come off as being sadsacks, boo hoo everyone liked my brother better meanwhile i have superpowers at some artsy fartsy wet dream school life is terrible

dude this girl is sleeping in a hallway and is endlessly perved on by her lameo cousin and you don't see her complaining about anything ever

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Purple hair goes a little bit tsundere and the resolution of the episode was kinda predictable. Except for the tea party and mecha.

Anyone who excessively hates this show deserves to spend the rest of their life doing a barefoot Cossack dance in the frozen wilds of Siberia.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Dancing pandas should be involved in more anime ending themes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, the earlier episodes were amusing enough but that was downright hilarious.

Well Seisa, if you hadn't been even more tsundere than the tsundere character maybe you could have joined in the fun.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Eruna is truly the Evangelion of Main Characters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Or possibly the Citizen Kane.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well, that was weird.

Dancing panda in the ED is great, though.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
this show :allears:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Congratulations, Eruna.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler posted:

Well, that was weird.

Dancing panda in the ED is great, though.

I really like it when y'all post back-to-back.

I also really liked this episode.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Is this show two-cour or are they going to try to introduce and then resolve a main plot in the next four episodes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Agnostalgia posted:

Is this show two-cour or are they going to try to introduce and then resolve a main plot in the next four episodes

The next four episodes :v:.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Agnostalgia posted:

I thought the main plot was getting her club. :v:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I thought the plot was her getting with the ladies?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

There's 6 LNs out, last week's episode covered part of the 4th one, and they'll probably finish with the end of 6 Seisa joining the club.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Also, new ED, yeah? It looked half animated at best. They are not budgeting time well for this anime.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A very fitting name for the club. :)

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I thought the plot of this show was 'Eruna'.

seriously if you're watching this show for the storytelling you ah...might want to look elsewhere. like how they succeeded in their club...utilizing a student nobody had heard of...who'd actually turned out to be a teacher in disguise, like you think with how big a deal the clubs are the principals or whoever would be all 'wait did you just get this person off the street'

...also despite allegedly being a teacher all catdude seems to do is follow Eruna all day, like dude do you not have anything else to do

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Yeah, that bugged me too. Shouldn't he have a class to teach or something?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He teaches classes just as often as the students in this actually go to them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I think they just don't show any of the classes because nothing happens in them that's "important". There are a lot of highschool setting anime/manga where you never, or barely ever, see anyone actually in class. Also the cat dude might be forced by his job or someone to look after Eruna. She is the protagonist after all, and probably special in a way. Um, special as well as special of course. But that's just my guessing. :v:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lesbian autism is benign, she doesn't need a guardian.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Poil posted:

I think they just don't show any of the classes because nothing happens in them that's "important". There are a lot of highschool setting anime/manga where you never, or barely ever, see anyone actually in class. Also the cat dude might be forced by his job or someone to look after Eruna. She is the protagonist after all, and probably special in a way. Um, special as well as special of course. But that's just my guessing. :v:

And why does everyone else call him Bimii? Wasn't that just Eruna's nickname for him? It's the same thing with the teachermaid.

Maybe it was all just a dream.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Agronox posted:

And why does everyone else call him Bimii? Wasn't that just Eruna's nickname for him? It's the same thing with the teachermaid.

Maybe it was all just a dream.

Don't forget the show seems to be very design-by-committee. It's probably a hodgepodge of a half dozen different drafts where he's her pet/familiar/spiritual guardian or whatever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wasn't this based on one of those concept album vocaloid things? I thought all the characters and their basic interactions and stuff were come up with well before the setting was invented, or something like that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

Wasn't this based on one of those concept album vocaloid things? I thought all the characters and their basic interactions and stuff were come up with well before the setting was invented, or something like that.

Based on an LN based on the songs.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Things are happening! Sort of. Set up for the "climax" mostly, I think.

Perverted Transformation is the best slogan for the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That was way more serious than I want this show to be.

• Locked thread