Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

This show is dumb and I enjoy it. I want to say that fights are quite decently animated but they're not, they just have enough energy to fake it, which is pretty much the show in a nutshell.

The only way I can describe the show is that it's fascinatingly average. It's like someone's holding a tiller on the writers to keep it from getting outright interesting, and throwing Eruna at any point it might get too boring :munch:.

Eruna is pretty much the life of the show and is great fun :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What bugs me with the show is there's no bigger picture to it (save for the flying cat). With most other similar shows, there's a big magical/supernatural world and the education makes sense in the long-term for preparing the students for a life in it. Here they just have powers and fight for their club's standing because...:shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Insurrectionist posted:

Um excuse me it's not depraved it's tax--deductible, and also pure?

Nothing Eruna does can be considered even close to pure. Though I have one complaint from the latest episode; Bimii didnt do his job and keep carrying the Takoyakii afrer a single scene. You had one job! :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

So is this show actually worth watching or no? I've still only seen the first episode.

If you're not entertained by Eruna's antics, drop the show. She's pretty much the only good thing in the show that isn't the most average, average middle-of-the-road it can possibly be.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gyra_Solune posted:

PACING

*wins a fight*

*immediately after loses the tournament from an offscreen fight*

And involving another main character, you'd think that's the kind of development you normally show your viewers!

Oh look lavender haired girl finally, she sure looks excited, it only took half of the show's runtime now how in the hell is she going to get her way in the otp

(answer: she's probably the first other lesbian in the show judging by eruna's non-existent standards)

Wait, this show's only a 1-cour job? With it's slow pacing I thought it was a two-cour job :psyduck:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Individual episodes, though, seem like each scene was made by different folks not consulting with each other who gave scenes arbitrary lengths, then slapped them together with their only concern being that the final product came out to ~22 minutes.

Considering how many studios are tacked onto the front of each episode, that actually wouldnt surprise me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I still can't believe this is only a one-cour show. Everything about the pacing makes it look like a 26-episode job.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Agnostalgia posted:

Is this show two-cour or are they going to try to introduce and then resolve a main plot in the next four episodes

The next four episodes :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Yeah, that bugged me too. Shouldn't he have a class to teach or something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Agronox posted:

And why does everyone else call him Bimii? Wasn't that just Eruna's nickname for him? It's the same thing with the teachermaid.

Maybe it was all just a dream.

Don't forget the show seems to be very design-by-committee. It's probably a hodgepodge of a half dozen different drafts where he's her pet/familiar/spiritual guardian or whatever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This show was a mess the whole way through, from the pacing to the painfully apparent scheduling issues. It was still fun, though, and I still liked it.

Honestly Eruna carried the whole drat show. She carried it pretty well, but still.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Major derpface this episode.

Not quite. They've mis-laid the mouth layer on the face too low :eng101:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So uh, shame about the Moon huh? :stare:

• Locked thread