Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Grace is playing more MGR in November, right? Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

CirclMastr posted:

Grace is playing more MGR in November, right? Right?

we should be finishing it if all goes as planned

Of course, my computer could decide to eat the episodes that's never not on the table with this piece of poo poo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 3 - Naomi Are You Trying To Bamboozle Me

I really swiftly got to the blood alcohol level where I get heated about literally anything :negative: But for real Blueberry is the best

Also seriously this is the best loving game

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Speaking of your technical quality from 4 years ago, I never realized how much better you both sound now compared to the first MGS video. Was rewatching it earlier and it's so obvious I can't believe I never noticed until now. Guess you both got way better mics in the last 4 years. It's not a bad thing by any means. I still go back and rewat ch Retsupurae videos from 2008 and slowbeef and Diabetus sound a lot like that.

And this game only gets crazier from here. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Part of why I love the "Otacon exaggerating things" theory, is because of how it contrasts against the absurdity that happens regardless of Otocan exaggerating things, or telling the truth about how much snake loves backflips :allears:

"And then! And then Snake backflips away from Ocelot's gun!"
"Right, sure :rolleyes:"
"Well, that's what happened!... And then snake chased an old man in a circle for two minutes, shooting him in the rear end, until an invisible cyborg ninja cut off ocelot's hand."
"There, see? That is much more believable!"
"And then Snake backflipped over a chunk of ceiling!"
"Otacon, please. That's just ridiculous :rolleyes:"
"Well, that's what happened... And then Baker died to the killer nanonmachine virus secretly injected into Snake."
"Sounds legit and not the least bit made up."

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Everyone knows the best muffins are chocolate with chocolate chips, even if they don't want to admit it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh hey, should've thought to check if there was an active LP series going on before my adventures bumbling through MGSV.

I figured I'd just jump into that one based on its gameplay but with fairly limited knowledge of the overall story - I thought I'd remembered seeing a fair amount of the series LP'd ages ago but on looking into it I really don't remember much beyond MGS 1 & 2 after all. Well, Dog Road Trip Simulator won me over enough to want to go back and see more of the overarching melodrama surrounding that point in time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 4 - Extremely Monty Mole

At least I remembered to chaff the tank :cripes:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 23, 2019

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dan, this is what you linked to. "The Ninja Warriors Once Again - Full Original Soundtrack"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

God drat it :cripes: I even double checked but apparently I accidentally ctrl v'd before I ctrl c'd

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Well, now we know why Dan executed that guy. He instinctively knew they were the toilet paper criminal.

No war tribunal in the world would convict you.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
8 inches of polygons makes me try to remember the last time we heard panda chittering.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 5 - This Ninja is Very Complicated

Honestly the hardest part of the original Ninja fight was wrestling MGS1's engine

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Danaru posted:

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 5 - This Ninja is Very Complicated

Honestly the hardest part of the original Ninja fight was wrestling MGS1's engine

So will you be playing Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake? I'd love to see that and that was my interpretation of your line about seeing Snake's and Fox's past.

And the single best thing to come out of Twin Snakes was the boss theme for Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws-ChLQ9l1A

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

NikkolasKing posted:

So will you be playing Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake? I'd love to see that and that was my interpretation of your line about seeing Snake's and Fox's past.

And the single best thing to come out of Twin Snakes was the boss theme for Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws-ChLQ9l1A

Yep, my copy of Subsistence has both MSX games so we'll be playing them some time and snake's revenge :negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan has too much honor to bludgeon Grey fox with the Nikita launcher melee. I can never resist the hilarious temptation.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bipedal, carries a pilot, increases both mobility and offense...

I'm pretty sure Yoshi is a Metal Gear.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CirclMastr posted:

Bipedal, carries a pilot, increases both mobility and offense...

I'm pretty sure Yoshi is a Metal Gear.

"Capable of launching an egg from anywhere on the planet"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The whole "designer of deadly weapon didn't know what it was for" reminds me of Star Wars. In a novel (which I suppose is not canon any more) they meet the designer of the Death Star and she's like "nah it's cool, the superlaser was designed to crack open uninhabited planetoids to get at the rare minerals in the nucleus, it's not a weapon!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

The whole "designer of deadly weapon didn't know what it was for" reminds me of Star Wars. In a novel (which I suppose is not canon any more) they meet the designer of the Death Star and she's like "nah it's cool, the superlaser was designed to crack open uninhabited planetoids to get at the rare minerals in the nucleus, it's not a weapon!"

That was the same excuse I used in Stellaris, although once the assimilation nanites started saturating the atmosphere they figured out pretty quick that I was lying.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 6 - Pentazem

I figured it out eventually :mad:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
There is just something amusing about how the most powerful psychic in the world, ends up with less convincing puppetry than Thunderbirds.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I just started watching the Twin Snakes and FYI you can fix the codec backgrounds by disabling the 'Store XFB Copies to Texture Only' option in Graphics -> Hacks -> External Frame Buffer, depending on how strong your PC is.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Regarding putting your gun down without shooting, you can do that in this version by pressing and holding Y while aiming and then letting go of A while still holding Y. It's really awkward and it's clear they ran out of buttons on the Gamecube controller (see also Start+A for Codec) but that's how you do it.

And no, the Gamecube did not have pressure-sensitive buttons.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Regarding putting your gun down without shooting, you can do that in this version by pressing and holding Y while aiming and then letting go of A while still holding Y. It's really awkward and it's clear they ran out of buttons on the Gamecube controller (see also Start+A for Codec) but that's how you do it.

And no, the Gamecube did not have pressure-sensitive buttons.

I managed to figure that one out eventually, but not the codec screen fix :v: I'll have that active next time we record.

The Start + A/B thing mostly confuses me because start on it's own does nothing. It's such a bizarre choice

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 7 - Eternal Pee

Some of my favourite LP moments are when I describe a game mechanic so stupid that it sounds like I'm drunkenly rambling, then I do it exactly the way I described

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Danaru posted:

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 7 - Eternal Pee

Some of my favourite LP moments are when I describe a game mechanic so stupid that it sounds like I'm drunkenly rambling, then I do it exactly the way I described

An Eternal Darkness LP would be super rad.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Gaming is often like describing a fever dream, and it's that much more amusing when dealing with things that sound normal for a good 80% of the concept :allears:

The jarring disconnect is so much more entertaining when you're talking about stuff like "Commando Man Vs nuclear weapons plot"

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm watching VR Missions and the Substance vids and I had forgotten you both loved Chrono Cross.

Chrono Cross is indeed awesome and if you two have videos of your stream of it somewhere, I'd totally watch it. Or you could stream it again someday in honor of its 20th anniversary.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Unfortunately Chrono Cross was before we started LPing so it was only being sent to Grace and not recorded. A 100% VLP of Chrono Cross is on my "we should absolutely not do this but christ I want to" list.

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 8 - Ghost Camera

I was expecting the torture sequence to be as difficult as the PS1 version was, which is the hardest one in my opinion. I read before that a lot of people consider Peace Walker's the toughest and I'd just like to remind everyone of how I managed to ace that in one try, then Grace blundered into the torture room like the loving Kool-Aid Man and got us a game over, forcing me to nail it a second time. Love you, dear

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I love that little delay before "Gun to head = knock out!" :allears:

Also, the most dangerous thing about attempting a Chrono Chross LP wouldn't be JRPG length. It would probably be Grace commenting for a game, that had an accent generation system as one of it's selling points :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 18, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 9 - I Want BOOZE

Whoops the disc change part came a whole lot earlier than I expected :confuoot: This is the last episode we got backlogged which means next time we record I get to run upstairs for twenty minutes :negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Is it wrong that after the Vicar's Cross=Jail break explanation, I could easily imagine Popeye music playing as Dan literally punches his way through a wall?

I also love how good a motivational speaker liquid is to keep up the act :allears:

"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. War is some hosed up poo poo. It's okay Snake... Hold on, I have another call... Okay, I'm back. What? You thought you heard me screaming 'gently caress YOU AND YOUR DOMINANT GENES SNAAAAAAKE' in the distance? That must be the torture causing hallucinations."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

To this day Liquid's motivations feel like they're all over the place. "I need Snake alive for my overarching scheme involving PAL codes! But I will attempt to personally kill him when he climbs up this tower! But I will get irrationally angry if Ocelot tries to kill him first!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1194447083069149185?s=19

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

you are thunder, the rain transformed

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[img]https://lpix.org/2444386/latest[1].png[/img]

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 8 - I Want These

IT'S BACK! And the audio is still shonky but if you saw the poo poo I had to do to create a recording setup, you'd call the police. This is a triumph of engineering that it looks and sounds this good.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If only cyborgs can drop electrolyte packs... What does that mean about the vending machines :tinfoil:

God bless Raiden wildly flip flopping between normal raiden and trying to be growly batman Raiden.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[img]https://lpix.org/2444386/latest[1].png[/img]

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 9 - All That Straight-Up Straight-Down Bullshit

To be fair those flying dudes ARE kinda bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I always thought this was a weird and kinda mean place to put in a boss refight