Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh yeah and obligatory from mistral's ep,
The sign on the Liquid nitrogen tank did indeed say Liquid Nitrogen.

Yob tvoie mat - you motherfucker (lit. "gently caress your mother")
Ah ti tupoi sukin sen - You stupid son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Holy poo poo it's Metal Gear Survive! I honestly thought we'd be getting MGS4 before another episode of this one. Not that I'm complaining, you wandering around games just chatting away is 100% the content I'm here for.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/AaronSnob/status/1061196238148657153

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 10 - poo poo Dogger

"I sure hope the Captain finds wheelchair parts out there" --Chris
*Wormhole digger teleports away from base*
"...:(" --Chris

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"It's already catching on fire!"

Sounds about right for walkers.

Walking is just kicking the ground a lot :pseudo:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Can we talk about how loving poo poo the map is in this game? Like come on you guys what is it with opening up the map tiny square by tiny square? ESPECIALLY since there's like some fog-of-war poo poo across half the loving maps.

EDIT: I mean there is all of 1-2 plot twists in this stupid game. There's not really a plot to speak of. And the delivery of lines is really, really bad.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 23, 2019

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I liked uncovering the map Metroid style, myself. I had the most fun exploring the unknown.

I do think the plot is severely truncated and I really wonder what the development of it was like. They tried, at least.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 11 - Livin`In A Box

We haven't quite beaten the plot yet but I kinda love it tbh. It's just the perfect flavour of stupid like Acid was. Honestly the "true nature" of the dust is one of my favourite things ever because god damm

Also nobody loving spoil it because I love this game and dont you even think about ruining the surprises :mad: the open spoilers rule doesnt count for games that weren't even conceived when this thread started.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 29, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Danaru posted:

It's just the perfect flavour of stupid like Acid was. Honestly the "true nature" of the dust is one of my favourite things ever because god damm

Really? Because in my eyes that was lazy writing. Which can have its charms when someone like Kojima does it but with how subpar the rest of the story is it just came off as "...okay. Sure." to me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whoops I labeled the wrong episode 11 and accidentally released episode 12, I fixed it :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 12 - My Warrior's Spirit Reverbrates

We meet a new friend in this episode and he's really cool! :woop: Hes also criminally underused and rarely has lines even during plot heavy moments :negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"X-Com has 6 people"
"We have... Reeve?"

Reeve is probably the real reason X-com 2 happened.

A greater sign the Not Zombies have a guiding intelligence than whatever stock sci-fi swerve is probably coming? They took one look at Dan casually walking into a fire just for the privilege of crushing them with an axe, and decided "NOPE. gently caress this bullshit."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 13 - My Fist Is Bruised

Turns out mining missions are easier when you remember to bring fences

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love how the game focused on making make shift defenses versus zombies has one music track during defenses against zombies.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 14 - A Very Big Boy

I love this stupid loving game

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Reeve thinking something is a good plan should have been all the evidence anyone needed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 15 - Dan

:mad:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
At least a zombie doing a flying spin kick is funny. Grabbers seem as boring as they are annoying.

Hey DJ, Reeve must burn

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This is where the game starts to punish you for ignoring stealth. The whole grabber + tracker combo is cool but only for like 3 mins. Then it becomes a pita.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dan, as a heads up, the video is unlisted; I can watch it fine on my PC by following the link, but I'm the weird gal who likes to lounge on the couch while watching LPs on Youtube and there's no way to get to the video on build-in Youtube browsers (like the Switch Youtube app I'm using).

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Dan, as a heads up, the video is unlisted; I can watch it fine on my PC by following the link, but I'm the weird gal who likes to lounge on the couch while watching LPs on Youtube and there's no way to get to the video on build-in Youtube browsers (like the Switch Youtube app I'm using).

Whoops, fixed

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 16 - There's Some poo poo Going On Out Here

SO STAKES GOT RAISED REAL FAST

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If this game would cost 20 bucks and have no microtransactions then yeah, it would be...fine. But otherwise this feels like a glorified mod for MGSV

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I feel this is a bit rude for escalation when 90% of your toolset is still 'bow', 'hope you don't get slapped out of your axe animation' and even the clearly overpowered 'Despawning fences'

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's the part of the game where you're expected to run around the areas and upgrade your poo poo to blue quality or better. When you have blue quality bows and guns this section does become easier. Except everything is hidden in the loving dust so

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 17 - Face To Pod

Dan's voice actor is apparently Feodor Chin, who also played Zenyatta in Overwatch, and one of the soldier voices in XCOM 2. I'm genuinely kinda curious what kind of voice direction he was getting in this game.

Also I forgot Dan is also a Chinese name unrelated to the Irish Dan, so odds are good he's probably Chinese

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Last time I played this game. "I just accidentally dove into a pile of zombies and I have dysentery because I can't cook water yet :saddowns:"

Meanwhile, CAPTAIN Goodboy Dan is beating himself up for easily killing a million bajillion zombies with the nerf arrows instead of ruining the days of zombies even harder.

"What if, we had a horde defense game where the enemy can just say 'gently caress it' and shell it from a mile away" :wtc:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 18 - Shoot Gun and Shock Rod

Sorry about being sporadic with updates recently, work has been crazy and I'm sorta exhausted all the time and forget how long ago I released something. We recorded these back in january :shepface:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I dare say, how about you come out here and S rank this Virgil :mad:

"You set nature on fire, it's okay" + bullshit rain combo :allears:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
This is really making me want to reinstall Survive. I enjoyed the game up until the post game when the first drilling attempt wiped out half my base.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 19 - Nanomachine Parasites

This is literally how a fanfiction by me would go. I love this stupid loving game

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Holy poo poo this is the best twist of all time. It's so stupid but also makes perfect sense at the same time.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Holy gently caress, Reeve admitting literally anything is his fault? Now we know things are serious.

Also, Who calls themselves "Dread" anything that isn't followed up by "Pirate" or preceded by "Judge"?

Philosophical question mister hive mind. What is the worth of a hive mind high fiving? :colbert:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
At the end of the day, isn't a hivemind highfiving, just clapping?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Section Z posted:

What is the worth of a hive mind high fiving? :colbert:

Self love is important.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know, I admit this cutscene grew on me. I didn't like this twist at first because it felt like it was aping Kojima only with like a fraction of the talent, but this is actually pretty alright.
Seth's voice actor is by far the best and what this game needed waaaaaaaaaay more of. He knows exactly what kind of script this is and how to approach it :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 20 - It Can't Rain in Afghanistan

We don't do anything in this episode besides steal stuff and almost die

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 21 - All That Junk

This was the last episode of the session, and getting recording time has been a bit tough lately, so there might be a gap :negative:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

And I'll be here waiting for you :kamina:

(Seriously. I loving love your LPs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Small rocks physics, the greatest enemy of all super soldiers, undead champions, you name it.

(Also, who doesn't get distracted by puppies and goats?)