Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Drink every time someone mentions / you visit Strut F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Try to take pictures of the new Metal Gear. We need some evidence.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Iron Chitlin posted:

It's me, I'm the video game player who doesn't know the lyrics to "Snake Eater"

And what a thrill it is.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"One of the bombs was in a narrow air vent. I had to crawl to get to it."

... How did Fatman manage to set that bomb? :raise:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

mkwong98 posted:

Isn't there a bomb artist in Naruto too?

Yep, Deidara. Makes sculptures out of clay, and can then make them explode.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dan, please don't kill all your liver cells for the entertainment of internet strangers :stare:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Any feeling or emotion when mentioned with "the" in front of it. So you drink when the names of the Cobra Unit members are mentioned, but also when they are used normally in a sentence without referring to the bosses.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I tried it now and there's no problem at all.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I forget, is Vamp being able to do all that poo poo (walk on water, walk up walls, survive being shot in the head, etc.) ever explained in the games? Is the explaination nanomachines?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

We're talking about a canon that has several clones, at least two psychics (maybe three if you count Ocelot), a shaman, a guy who can perfectly impersonate anyone he wants, a super-lucky lady, a centuries-old sniper, a flame man, a hornet man, a lightning man, and whatever the gently caress The Fear was. Surely an actual vampire is not that far-fetched.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

What Dan said about knives is 100% true. When I did karate my teacher (5th dan black belt) explicitly told us: "If you get mugged and all the guy wants is your wallet, loving give it to them. Happened to me a handful of times. If I do everything right 99,9% of the time I can have the guy on his rear end with a broken arm no problem, but 0,1% he moves in a weird way or I stumble or something and I get stabbed and die, and that one in a thousand chance is not worth the maybe fifty bucks I have in my wallet."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You're not going to convince us you're actually good at video games, you know :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Capitalist Health Care is what your liver will need after this.

Can we vote on the shot you'll be drinking upon death too? I vote Jaegermeister. (Because it translates to "master hunter", see.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to be the pedantic one and point out that since the plane Snake's in started from Pakistani airspace you're probably in Soviet Tajikistan or Soviet Kyrgyzstan, not Soviet Russia.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

:stonk: Jesus christ the flying segways and the WIG I knew were real, but THAT thing was real too?! I swear to god I learn new poo poo about MGS3 every day.

That is also why Volgin says "Remember the Alamo", it's because Davy Crockett died in the Alamo siege! :eng101:

Also I finally have an excuse to post this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You're underestimating yourselves, you're at least Ginyu material.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"Press. (BOOM) I meant, is there a button that says 'press'?"

:laffo:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Russian script (more properly "Cyrillic") was derived from a previous script that was used in Hungary. That in turn was derived from an earlier script, which was developed by saint Cyril from Greek script, adding characters for sounds that were found in slavic languages but not in Greek, the purpose being "We need some way to write this godforsaken tongue if we're going to spread the Good Word to these Slav heathens."

This was your brief random information post for the day.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

Gonna spoiler tag it just to give people more time to play MGSV on their own.

(gently caress Huey spoilers)

:dogbutton:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

One thing I'm wondering, did the Cobras (besides The Boss) know about all the double-crossings and backstabbings that were going on? Or did they simply decided "Yeah, might as well go Soviet, retirement was boring anyways" when The Boss called on them?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You fought the tank, and the tank won.

This joke would have been SO MUCH BETTER if it had been a LAV. Alas.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh dear god the Mei Ling card :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Re: the Democrats were originally racists thing, it's a neat coincidence that I have an excuse to post this for the second time today.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You have the worst luck :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also, you probably already know this, but Tracer got confirmed as lesbian in one of the comics Blizzard posts on the Overwatch website, which shows her sharing an apartment with her girlfriend.

The tears on the Overwatch forums were extremely salty and delicious.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Remind me, why haven't they killed Huey yet? Or at least locked him up where he can do no more damage? By now they've given him several chances to be a non super lovely person, and he hosed it up every time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Metal Gear?? It can't be!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

While you were talking about how Sahelanthropus is the most humanlike Metal Gear, this was all I could think about. (And you were probably referencing that, too.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dan in the video posted:

I actually believed in Huey. I thought it was Miller being an rear end in a top hat up until I got the tape with Strangelove in the AI pod.

That combined with the fact that you listened to the tapes on the companion app while in the gym gave me the funniest mental image of you just working out, earbuds on, and then screaming "gently caress" out of nowhere :laugh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Once again, I was watching the youtube stream through the magic of e-mail notification: I got an e-mail that said "Danaru is online right now, go watch what he's streaming."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I am absolutely looking forward to Acid. I'm not even kidding when I say it's probably one of my favourite games out of those you've LPd.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not

I'm legit not joking about this, I love (you and Grace LPing) Acid :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yaaaaaaaay :dance:

Sarah, no :ohdear:

quote:

This was somewhat of a test of a recording set up specifically for streaming, it works, which means This Sunday the 30th we'll be streaming Metal Gear on NES! The stream will be located Here. Circlmastr, SuperHeroFae, and QuantumFizz will be joining us!

Boooo, just when I'm away with no internet access. Ah well, next time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 16 - Sarah's Bizarre Adventure

gently caress IT IT'S DAN NIGHT I'M UPDATING ALL MY THREADS AAARGHHHHHHHHH

also we only recorded two episodes because a certain person didn't show up until four hours after we normally start recording, which is why I started off this session way more drunk than usual, next episode up will be the nes game which was a loving BLAST to play!

I'm back from vacation and had time to watch this. And I apologise in advance.

But just for the record, this is 100% Grace's fault. He shouldn't have tempted me to make Sarah fanart :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I do in fact love Acid, so it's no problem!

(Maybe I shouldn't have written that. Ah well.)

(Also my username is Mikl, with an L, but same difference.)

Mikl fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 2, 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"Are these lasers on? Wait the power's off, of course they're not on."

:siren: :siren: :siren:

This is the quality entertainment I keep watching you two for :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Aren't you glad you got that done with? :)

:unsmigghh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I won't be home for a while, but I just checked and it's not blocked in Italy :iiam:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

That final hit on Leone :allears:

Believe in the heart of the cards, Dan :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

One of the characters dying causes you to game over, exactly the opposite of what it was in the game thus far (both characters needed to be dead). Who the hell thought it was a good idea to change things up for the final boss?