Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh this was not a good episode for your liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Weihenstephaner is amazing, but for some reason it's only good when it's on tap. I had some at Wurstkuche (German sausage place in LA, highly recommended) and it was loving amazing. But when I buy it in the bottles, it's not the same.

Weihenstephaner kristall, even bottled, is really loving good though and I recommend it.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 8, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The Hideo thing doesn't work that well anymore. :rip: CRTs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

An even bigger shame is that it was paired with absolutely terrible levels and nowhere to use the slow crawl.

The first level was pretty great and had some legitimately good parts. The second was sorta alright too.

Yeah the rest were pretty bad.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Stumbled over this while shark-tanking and I remembered this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-5-female-character-gets-an-unusua/1100-6427241/

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I saw a dude run Metal Gear Ac!d about 1/3 of the way through. It was like someone decided to take MGS2's Snake Tales and put it on...well, acid. Seriously, you are not prepared.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Tactical Espionage Action

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I have personally seen a single swig of Bud Light Lime induce nausea in a sober person. Because of how absolutely foul it was, not because of the trace amounts of alcohol they put in.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Grace is taking no prisoners goddamn.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This dude actually has a make-your-own sappy B&B backstory generator on his site: http://thesnakesoup.org/editorial-articles/the-5-dumbest-moments-in-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/
Fair warning, he's a lovely person who thinks "in the kitchen" jokes are the height of comedy.

NikkolasKing posted:

MGS4 is just such a goddam schizophrenic game.

Even as someone who liked MGS4, I agree completely.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 19, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh jesus you played Rayman DS? You poor bastard.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress those timers that run in cutscenes :argh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Drinking game ideas:

Nanomachine(s) <-def this one
President
La-li-lu-le-lo
Patriots
Bomb
Metal Gear

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I was serious about mine. They come up often enough to make a drinking game, but not often enough to cause alcohol poisoning.

Edit: oh poo poo I posted to slowly official list up.
:stare:
Yup, yeah that should do it. Beware of monologues on your adventure.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 7, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Sam tells me that you see your sword as a tool of justice. Now there's a pretty meme! Exquisite!"

"Don't be so ashamed! It's just nature! Running its course!"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I sorta miss Celine Dion no lie. Say what you will about her, but drat she put a lot of emotion into her songs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

How to (pretend to) be pro at MGR: Tap Blade Mode trigger after finishing every combo. If you're pro, this lets you cancel the longass animation on certain moves. If you're not, it looks like you at least know what you're doing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's not only animu it's a tohou

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hitting things on various levels of elevation when you have a camera view like this is disorienting as gently caress and the controls don't help. MGS2 luckily alleviates this.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

To answer Grace's question a while back, no that was not the show Dan watched. He was talking about Sonic Underground. You were talking about Sonic SATAM.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Also, for the record, there's one thing Dark Id didn't cover in his LP of Ghost Babel--the game has a vr missions mode. :shepicide:

...He did though?
http://lparchive.org/Metal-Gear-Ghost-Babel/Update%2049/

Or am I missing something?

BTW, Danaru, does Grace know about IdeaSpy? :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Why do they have so many "get sighted and fail" objectives given how finicky the controls are?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I never knew about the Ufo. Or the double Genollas.

And if Grace thinks that's out there...wait for Snake Tales

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

For all your MGS board game needs please see Metal Gear Ac!d 1.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So Dan are you just being coy or do you genuinely not know about the Beauty and the Beast thing?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The water laser is actually based on a real life thing, although filtered through Kojima's mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

There's a theory on the internet that Kojima never intended the events of MGS2 to be real. They were supposed to have happened in VR, with Raiden being a Guinea pig for the S3. Unfortunately people took umbrage with MGS2 so Kojima had to say "nope it was actually all real" and MGS4 became what it is.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

We already use floating cameras to take videos of marriage vows. I'm pretty sure the military already has a batch of spy camera drones.

Has Kojima ever tried to make a statement about drone use in wars? I know the Gekko sort of went in that direction, but that was more about asymmetric warfare and less about drones.
Cause drone use really has almost no rules and makes the US look really bad.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Also also, you showed a few of the bombs off early--they're totally active then and can be detonated with bullets to game over if you're dumb.

I'm no bomb disposal expert but I'm pretty sure C4 doesn't work like that.

EDIT: Yup.

C-4 Wikipedia article posted:

C-4 cannot be detonated by a gunshot or by dropping it onto a hard surface. It does not explode when set on fire or exposed to microwave radiation.[8] Detonation can only be initiated by a combination of extreme heat and a shockwave, such as when a detonator inserted into it is fired.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If you finish the game with a Sea Louse in your rations, you get the Sea Louse ranking :haw:

Also Dan it's Substance. Subsistence is MGS3 :spergin:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

They realized Grace will forever be out of their reach :saddowns:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kal-L posted:

Danaru, do you think love can bloom in the battlefield LP subforum?

Grace is awesome. Who else will back-sass you and kick you in the knees? :v:

What I'm trying to say is that even considering that, Grace is way, way, WAY better than Rose.

Wait... Grace... Rose... gRaSE...

Oh, God, Grace is an A.I.! :gonk:

This has all been a simulation to create the perfect LPer.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's okay. He's gonna have pleeeeeeeentyyyyyyy of chances to make up for it :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Emma was saying Otacon's name over and over? Why? Why just his name?

:stare:

:catstare:

goddamit Kojima"

Man the Emmerich family has issues.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress you Dan I'm Russian and I will watch All The Episodes!

Russia is scary though :(

So the vestman reinforcements don't have credit cards dog tags?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 29, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jack is good mixed with stuff. Drinking it straight is an acquired taste. That jump was a dick though.

Aumanor posted:

Please tell me there's another episode from this session because I relly want to see how drunk Dan can get :allears:

I hope he takes a break because this next cutscene is going to make him regret life.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Dan's wasted

When I heard this I was like "ooooooh poo poo" :ohdear:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I somehow forgot how blatant her thing for Otacon was. Also I had a really tough time with this section for some reason. I never knew about the Pentazamin thing either.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man it sure is nice that the pantoons support the weight of both Emma and Vamp or Emma and Snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

One of the things Colonel would say is the first Idea Spy 2/5 from Ghost Babel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Jt4dvYZm4

It also gets referenced in a weird loving way in MGS4.