Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

I actually really like this theory mainly because it means LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON WORKING WITH VOLGIN WAS AN ENEMY SPY and he STILL couldn't figure it out

Poor guy probably figures somebody's got to be trustworthy, but whoever he picks, they'll just lie to him and say "oh yeah, everything seems pretty fine, dunno what you're worrying about."

White Coke posted:

It also makes the creation of the Raidenovitch mask even more absurd since it means the CIA was planning to have someone disguise as one of their own moles. Unless the CIA was unaware that Raidenovitch was a US mole because the NSA or some other agency was keeping that information secret which is itself pretty stupid.

Fun fact: one of the reasons the US has so many separate intelligence agencies is because they were always afraid the Russians would penetrate them, so there were probably lots of cases when multiple agencies' agents were simultaneously working on something without knowing about the others. Paranoia over efficiency was the order the day.

e: VV: Oh yeah, being paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you, as they say.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Kal-L posted:

Can't you replace Grace's dialogue with the Charlie Brown sound for when adults talk?

Post at least a couple minutes of this. Please.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

You're 100% right about MGS2 Substance, at least in my opinion. It's just boring as hell to watch. It seems like a dull, tedious game. I wouldn't watch anyone LP that. But I'm happy to return now that you're on Peacewalker!

Grace posted:

I know right, it always just... seemed like something that was an island.

I'm gonna invite myself to guest on this LP, and then just sit quietly in the background until you need geography facts, when I will reemerge to defy the ignorant American stereotype and tell you which countries are islands.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Only through this mission did Big Boss discover Tortilla Chips.

And he has assigned a team to work on improving them.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Holy poo poo, those faces when Sonic and Tails talk. The weird eye-twitching, the tongue that just sits still in the center of the mouth.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, where, to simplify things considerably, communist rebels called the Khmer Rouge took an army of peasants, often brainwashed and/or underaged, overthrew the government, and then proceeded to go on a killing spree that was brutal even by Cold War Communist state standards.I figure this guy was meant to be one of those fighters.

Edit: fun fact, since I'm reading a book about this. It was official policy of the Khmer Rouge regime that glasses were a bourgeois pretension which no one truly needed, and wearing them was cause to be tossed in a prison camp.

Maybe "fun" wasn't the right word.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 22, 2018

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Section Z posted:

What is the worth of a hive mind high fiving? :colbert:

Self love is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

That's the most intense shrug I have ever seen.