Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Danaru posted:

I just made a horrible mistake

the pact is sealed.

hello everyone dan made the mistake wise decision to grace me with an account. anything that happens from now on is directly his fault and all hatemail can be directed to his inbox.

ilu bbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, do you guys plan on covering Metal Gear Rising at some point in the thread or will it be mainly the Solid games and maybe the original two as a stream at some point?

we're definitely going to do Rising, I already told Dan I want to see it. He says he's garbage at it though but he says that about every game and he's usually able to win them at least.

we haven't talked about the first two games I think, but they'll probably be hellstreams maybe? Maybe i'll get to guest star this time? who knows. I think we did talk about how they're included in one of the HD ports we played already.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Kal-L posted:

You guys also watch Die Hard 1-2 on Christmas Eve?

Does Grace have a sister? Because you're picture perfect! :allears:

Dan, I can only hope you know how lucky you're that Grace likes Die Hard on Christmas! :ocelot:

I only have a little brother who's decidedly not as cute as me xoxo

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

Okay, what is the Internet's obsession with making GBS threads on The Scarlet Letter? I did a whole thread on this on this very forum and I still don't get it. It's a very short book about a woman saying gently caress you to a bunch of Puritan pricks. That's it. It's about strength and not being cowed by society. You think more people in this liberal age would appreciate that. That they would appreciate a novel about feminism and individualism but I guess not.

Grrrr.

And yes, To Kill A Mockingbird is awesome.

For me, the issue with The Scarlet Letter is Hawthorne's prose period. I'm just not a fan of the way he writes his sentences. They meander on and on without getting to a point. It's sorta my problem with American Romanticism period, but Hawthrone was really bad about it. I didn't like The House of Seven Gables either because of the same reason. Although I do love me some "Young Goodman Brown." Maybe he's just better in short doses than in full.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Danaru posted:

Let's Play MGS2 Substance Episode 9 - That One Where Grace Is Sick

Grace insisted on recording despite being sick, then later yelled at me for making him record while sick, then passed out for like 16 hours and afterwards kept apologizing for not recording anything.

Grace is cool

I'm being slandered I tried my best and I'm never appreciated everyone send hate mail to Dan

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Choco1980 posted:

I really, really needed the laugh that came from Snake breaking his neck on the stairs. It was just as hard as the ones coming out of you two.

Also it's a shame you didn't try for a Xmas special...I know The Perfect Game you could have played for that...

We were TOTALLY going to do a Christmas special, we even talked a little about it. Since Dan HATES Christmas, and I love it, it would have been great comedy. But we couldn't think of any games and the only day we could have recorded it was the day I was sick and we only recorded one episode so it didn't happen :(

Also now the fact that this exists makes me so mad time didn't work out for us to do it.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Choco1980 posted:

Also Grace, I too always thought Costa Rica was an island for some reason. My mind, she is blown.

I know right, it always just... seemed like something that was an island.

White Coke posted:

Will you drink twice as much for the next game in compensation?

+1 vote for him to do that

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Choco1980 posted:

I was not prepared for the 1-2 punch of well written characterization followed by talk of dinosaurs.

Kojima as gently caress

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Kal-L posted:

It's nice to finally be able to put a face on your voices. And yes, Grace is kinda pretty.

kinda? my kokoro is brokoro

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

No, it doesn't. Pretty sure that extends the time the person in the pod gets to rip out hard drives and memory boards.

Dabir posted:

Yeah, doesn't shooting it make more of one kind of circuitboard pop out?

Good job Dan, we coulda gotten more parts if you'd given me the right orders

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Danaru posted:

About three quarters of a bottle of Tideview, and enough time that I had to stop the timer to not feel guilty about it :v:

We recently did a couple bonus episodes where we listen to everyone's cassette tapes (Miller's is just under an hour :shepface:), and I think it's during Amanda's where a large portion is just Amanda talking about Central America while we fact checked it. I learned a lot, Grace was halfway through a bottle of rum so he probably forgot it all.

every word amanda said all i remember is she's a fuckin downer

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Choco1980 posted:

They really are. It's funny, I realized the other day that all three "Let's play the entire [X franchise of games]" threads I read (This one, the Resident Evil one, and the Final Fantasy one) have LGBT presence in them. Speaking of, Claire, aka Fieldmouse of the GoodFriendsGaming that're doing the Final Fantasy series totally unironically is down for that gay illuminati gangtag for us Queer LPers.

our new world order will be full of YAS QUEENS and home depots.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Danaru posted:

My personal recommendation, open up "Krogans on Ice" and skip to 1 minute 50 seconds in to see my favourite glitch ever.

Please do this before Sober Dan comes in and ruins all the fun. It's seriously one of the funniest things ever and the fact that we got it on film is one of the greatest achievements of our lives

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Neurion posted:

On this I'm afraid we disagree :colbert: This is the worst LP I hate it so much

Elbakki disapproves

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

#SLAY

may have lost the game but still WIN THE loving LAKES

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Air is lava! posted:

Okay, this is sort of an odd question out of nowhere, but do you two watch the series "Crazy ex-girlfriend"? From what I can tell about you, it would be right up your alley. It's a funny, sometimes a little sappy, or depressing show which focuses on extreme diversity. The later episodes feature the nicest and cutest representation of male bisexuality I have ever seen on TV.
it's weird to ask this here, but the latest episode featured an internal monolouge about this picture.

And you sort of made me associate those fluffy guys with you now.

Also it's a really great show which gets absolutely lovely ratings so I am not ashamed to promote it whenever I can :colbert:

I adore Rachel Bloom but I haven't had time to watch this show yet

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

the thread is betraying me

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

[img]http://lpix.org/2431827/metal_gear_solid_ground_zeroes_logo[1].png[/img]

Let's Play MGSV Ground Zeroes Episode 3 - Thread Canon

Hello, I'm too lazy to log in to my own account, so I'm posting from Grace's since we're using his laptop.

I uh, forgot to upload the next two episodes before leaving Canada, so it'll be a while until I get those done. We may have something planned in the meantime though :v:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

[S-004: Tapping Animals]
Let's Play Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

This game is loving adorable

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

pick-e posted:

Agreeing with Grace. The Sow Joan joke is obvious.

I take it Amiibo Festival is pass the controller play? At first I was disapointed there were no puns for catching fish, but then I remembered the puns in New Leaf were mostly lackluster. This game looks fun but you can't create a character like in the regular AC games, nor use the amiibo cards as your character. It was bad enough HHD didn't let you change out of your work jacket even after hours but this is a new low. Aside from that AF looks to have really kept the spirit of Animal Crossing games.

You could change out of your clothes in HHD. You use the Amiibo figures as your character in board game mode, there are like six or seven minigames you use the cards for, as well, you can use the cards to roll for you if you like, since each amiibo card has a specific dice roll associated with it. I just didn't bring my cards with me to the hotel because I have like, 300+ of them.

Amiibo Festival cute and relaxing, which is the spirit of Animal Crossing. It's just a nice way to spend some time, don't hate at it because it's not ACWiiU. It never was meant to be after all, it's just cute harmless fun.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You should play Bayonetta, Dan.

I had it in the hotel but we didn't get around to it. I showed off a bit of the prologue too him but he was so tired he fell asleep :v:

Maybe next time

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

pick-e posted:

Wait, did your two say Big Zam? Nice job on the prologue, I take it Graces Bayonetta skill translated over to Rising? I like how in some of the action scenes prologue Raiden gives off a Dante feel. That voice acting of his though... yikes. That Ray clearly wasn't your standard MGS2 Ray with all the damage it took. It kept on going yet you still shat on it. MG Ray's can't get any love. :(

see, a lot of the controls and actions Raiden can perform actually feel a lot like Bayonetta to me. It might be the fact that he's blading with all his limbs, but he has that sorta sleek and elegant way about slashing men into thousands of bits and vapors that just reminded me of Bayonetta the whole time.

One thing that I can say is that in this prologue, the quick time events were a very nice easy break after the Bayonetta 1 ones.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Skrewtape posted:

Dan, why do you pronounce "Mario" wrong?

THANK YOU.

I have asked this since the day we started dating, he's never provided a good answer.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NAT-T Ice posted:

Nah, Grace drunkenly biting Dan.

The side ops are really turning the gay up a notch.

still somehow less gay than substance despite the fact that we were literally on top of each other filming all those side ops

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Krysmphoenix posted:

well there haven't been any pandas yet...

raw unedited footage because dan couldn't be assed to install premier on my computer :v:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

Also, if anyone here doesn't know who Laura Branigan was, please check her out on YouTube. She was amazing. I'm really sad I only found out who she was around the time she died. (I was born in '88. I missed her and the decade I love so much)

Self Control is an anthem

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

How could they produce t.A.T.u. then? Granted, the girls weren't actually lesbians, but they were marketed on that image, which would go against the idea the nation is intensely homophobic.

One outlier group from the early aughts doesn't negate the documented homophobia and homophobic policies Russia has enforced and still enforces today

if Dan and I were Russian we'd so be in jail for gay propaganda because of these LPs :v:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

pick-e posted:

And Grace... what? .hack//Sign had more going for it than just the killer soundtrack. MMO stuff was fresh as heck back in 2001/2002 when that series was beginning. And instead of being blandly action focused it had some decent drama and intrigue.

The .hack saga was fantastic I never meant to imply the soundtrack was ALL it had going for it. The soundtrack was just the best part imo though.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

sorry for the stream delay tonight folks, it'll probably be closer to 830 AST. No one in my family cooked any dinner so now I have to go pick UP dinner.

Dan will probably post to tell you when we're live though

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Danaru posted:

Alright so like, we ended up losing Grace's audio for the last three episodes, and I didn't exactly do well so we're probably going to bin what we have now and redo what hasn't been shown.

With that said, we've got some content coming up, so just wait for that

yeah had to go nuclear to save the computer, but hopefully the content we're coming up with will be more than worth it.

Spoilers: Dan's in the states so there's a certain metal gear game that that could be hinting at gee I wonder what it could be if anyone remembers back in April/May when Dan was here last time what we played hmmmm...

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Danaru posted:

Without making any specific promises, drunkstreams of the pre-Solid Metal Gears might happen sooner rather than later depending on work/laziness getting in the way of me sorting out my stream set up

and this time i'll be there too ;-*

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Larryb posted:

What about Rising? That technically takes place after MGS4.

well we would have played more Rising in May but we got distracted by Dokapon and Nier. Rising is one we're doing together in person, so we'll probably get some episodes recorded at the end of November, though, no promises when those will actually come out.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

I included all three of them because cute

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

I bought a PSTV specifically for Persona 4 Golden and it was totally worth it .Have you both played it, then? I love that game so much.

Also if Grace is looking for Vita games, and you guys like VN's, I recommend Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds. It's very good and interesting and full of pretty men which is a nice bonus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB-Y_YUsQTU

Dan hasn't played Golden, but I have.

Also, my best friend is OBSESSED with Hakuoki so it's definitely on my radar, I've seen 2 of the 3 animes

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

SSNeoman posted:

Uh...why did we just park our rear end in a wide open area instead of some kind of building?

DITE

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Drakli posted:

Is the magical fence-building thing a function of the teleporter that I zoned out on, (I notice all these red sparklies when you build them,) or does it just go unexplained as a don't-bother-to-ask-it's-a-video-game trope.

wormholes

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

guys we actually played revengence omg

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

Me: "I'd better watch episode 1 to refresh my memory. I wonder how long ago that was."

YouTube: "2 years ago."

You know Dan, when I comment about my Just Cause 2 LP having a 4-year hiatus in the middle of it, I'm not bragging about that or anything. It's not something to aspire to.

we talk about the time gap in the episode, man the world is a different place than May 2016

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

EDIT:
I just noticed Portable Ops isn't even in the OP. It's just been expunged from the record.

I'm pretty sure we lost everything when Dan's computer fried so we might be replaying it, don't take my word for it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

Grace is playing more MGR in November, right? Right?

we should be finishing it if all goes as planned

Of course, my computer could decide to eat the episodes that's never not on the table with this piece of poo poo