Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Welp sent an email to my boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Welp sent an email to my boss.

how strongly worded was it? Drunk is the best time to email your boss btw.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I am sober. Sent it to my manager. The owners are the ones that changed the poo poo.

quote:

Figured I should talk to you before I talk to Jack or Cathy.

Just got a letter with my paycheck saying that I will no longer be getting paid the time and a half for 2-4 am. The ONLY reason I agreed to work those hours was because of the extra pay (which turned out to not even be worth it). The letter also said that would start after next paycheck. Well it started this paycheck I just got.

I was already putting off talking to you about working less hours. I have been to the beach once since I started this job. I don't have a wife or a kid and I don't need to work 60-72 hours a week. I have been miserable. I have no time to enjoy being in Hawaii because I am always on call. I was told full time in the interview, not 60-72 hours on call.

Hopefully we can talk about me working a more normal schedule. But starting next shift (May 2nd), I am done working 2-4. You can't tell me you will pay me more to work those hours and then take the pay away and just expect me to keep working them. That is shady as hell.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

uh no unions are bad because

Unions are a very mixed bag for a number of reasons.

also lol at the guy being amazed at parties and people throwing up when he lives in a college dorm thing. SO CRAZY!

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I am sober. Sent it to my manager. The owners are the ones that changed the poo poo.

lol. bosses love it when people tell them what they can or cannot do.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don't care. They can either deal with it or I can work a lovely paying job and still be fine like when I first got here. My VA money means I don't NEED the job.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I don't care. They can either deal with it or I can work a lovely paying job and still be fine like when I first got here. My VA money means I don't NEED the job.

What are you doing that you're on call for all these lovely hours anyway?

E: man if I was single living in Hawaii is just be trying to get as many STDs as possible.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 2, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

also lol at the guy being amazed at parties and people throwing up when he lives in a college dorm thing. SO CRAZY!

Next hes going to tell us about accidentally walking into the wrong room and seeing people doing drugs or engaging in sexual intercourse.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Rad Lieutenant posted:

What are you doing that you're on call for all these lovely hours anyway?

Roadside assistance. So tire changes, jump starts, gas delivery, and unlocking cars when people lock themselves out. 4pm-4am, 6 days a week.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Roadside assistance. So tire changes, jump starts, gas delivery, and unlocking cars when people lock themselves out. 4pm-4am, 6 days a week.

Do you ever answer the call to deliver a big sausage pizza

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

Do you mean dick?

vains
May 26, 2004

Zeris posted:

I don't think pizza delivery is a service that roadside assistance firms offer.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Do you mean dick?

Everything is euphemism for dick. Literally everything.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

No, but there are some customers who look like they wish I did.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'd check with an employment lawyer familiar with hawaii because that sounds like all sorts of bullshit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Everything is euphemism for dick. Literally everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_zoAX2MYU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You should absolutely go to your local federal department of labor office to talk to them about all of your pay. You're definitely not exempt from overtime under the driver exemption, and because they substantially control your activities while on call, you might have a case that you should be paid OT for hours 40-60.

You're getting the short end of the stick right now. You don't need the job. loving get the feds on their rear end. Get the money you're owed.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I also may have been rushed through signing an employment contract that I didn't fully read or get a copy of because I am smart.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

HAHAHAHA a call just came in 2 minutes after my shift ended. They are high if they think I'm taking that.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd check with an employment lawyer familiar with hawaii because that sounds like all sorts of bullshit.

Yep. The sticking point is going to be the on call aspect. Try the state wage standards division

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I also may have been rushed through signing an employment contract that I didn't fully read or get a copy of because I am smart.

Always read contracts dude. If somebody tries to rush you, read even slower and more carefully.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
duzzy funlop, maybe you shouldn't have a girlfriend, maybe you should be slaying 20 year old poon poolside nightly.

zombie sorry your hawaii dream got lovely bro, definitely don't let them gently caress you like that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's the Honolulu office for the DOL

Honolulu District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
300 Ala Moana Blvd, Room 7225
Honolulu, HI 96850
Phone:
(808) 541-1361
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Terrence Trotter
District Director

Close enough to you that you could walk!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Even if you did there are certain things that they can't just put in there. They may try to say things in the contract, but that doesn't mean that it actually will hold up in court.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Even if you did there are certain things that they can't just put in there. They may try to say things in the contract, but that doesn't mean that it actually will hold up in court.

My last job had a clause in the employee contract that they could search your vehicle if it was on company property. I figured you don't even wait for the courts on that one, I'd just tell them to gently caress right off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Small business owners will try to do all sorts of shady poo poo like that.

My roommate just got a few grand check from the treasury after the DOL came down loving hard on one of his old jobs.

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/whd/WHD20140930.htm

Long and short of it is they pooled all tips and then didn't distribute most of them back to servers. They were paid well under minimum wage as a result, which isn't legal. The owners actually told people that bitched about it "go ahead and try to sue us, you won't get poo poo."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I was on call 10 loving hours a day, 6 days a loving week. Then they come to me and ask me to make it 12 hours a day. The compensation being I would get paid time and a half for the extra 2 hours a day.

Now a month and a half later I get a letter with my paycheck saying they can't pay me the time and a half any more starting after my next check.

1. The ONLY reason I agreed to work the 12 hour shifts was because of the extra pay rate.
2. It clearly already took place THIS paycheck.

I was already getting in a shittier mood every week because I have no free time and do nothing but work. Now this bullshit. Shady as gently caress.

i work a shitload of OT because i work from home. last year the management tried to pull "no more OT, you get comp time instead!", so i didn't do OT. about 4 months after that we had a meeting where the phrase "according to state regulations" was said about 20 times, and ot was brought back.

its not even a mom and pop place.

i work for a fortune 500 company.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRaU1HqC9kY

Found the Jeremy Clarkson special on the sub factory raid on youtube

if you haven't watched it yet then you need to correct yourself asap

Pro as gently caress click. First hour is about the British VC, and some of its awardee's.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i work a shitload of OT because i work from home. last year the management tried to pull "no more OT, you get comp time instead!", so i didn't do OT. about 4 months after that we had a meeting where the phrase "according to state regulations" was said about 20 times, and ot was brought back.

its not even a mom and pop place.

i work for a fortune 500 company.

I think the place I work with gives us stock options instead of overtime? I rarely do more than 80 hours a fortnight, but when I did I got an e-mail saying I now have shares.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
everyone abuses OT laws, and most people have too much poo poo on the line or are enormous pussies about going to DOL/their union/whatever

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

krispykremessuck posted:

everyone abuses OT laws, and most people have too much poo poo on the line or are enormous pussies about going to DOL/their union/whatever

Exactly. Master bateman, otoh, has nothing to lose. gently caress them for loving him.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Mr. Nice! posted:

Exactly. Master bateman, otoh, has nothing to lose. gently caress them for loving him.

hope he does, because it's the right move

speaking of unions the dod civ service unions are going to be hella pissed next month when everyone gets told they can't use their hilton honors card on travel to certain locations anymore, and that the gov isn't required to negotiate over it

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

lmao if you are employed and not living off that sweet VA and/or gi-bill money. I haven't had a job since late 2012.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

krispykremessuck posted:

yep.

my department is about 150-200 people though, so I just sat back and waited for someone else to get mad about it. Took a few months, but when my boss sat us down she repeated the phrase "according to state regulation" over and over again, so someone did do something.

what's funny is that I'm salary, not hourly, but because I work in IT the state of CT requires OT for anything over 40 hours a week. (to prevent companies from forcing people to work 12 hours days for no extra money during crunch times/whenever).

I just liked to pull a shitload of OT since I work from home and it's usually Friday/Saturday overnight, which is spent making sure my screensaver doesn't come on.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

i want to be relaxing with my boyfriend like this

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:nws: due to bush

http://i.imgur.com/epzeRkc.gifv

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

SperginMcBadposter posted:

lmao if you are employed and not living off that sweet VA and/or gi-bill money. I haven't had a job since late 2012.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Trying to find an apartment that lets you have a Rottweiler is next to loving impossible :argh:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Just in case anybody forgot, these are the people you served with:

https://www.facebook.com/JBLewisMcChord/videos/10152674183481199/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Bolow posted:

Trying to find an apartment that lets you have a Rottweiler is next to loving impossible :argh:

Just tell everyone that is a mix if you can get away with it. If it looks pure rotty that won't work, but if it looks a bit like it could be something else then just claim that. My lab chow was always a lab mix for insurance/rental purposes, because he looked and acted enough like a lab with a curly tail.

• Locked thread