Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

qtiyd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrsJsvL30g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

my dogge

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

dogges own

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

every person should quit a job in righteous anger at least once in their life

haha did that in september last year then i found a new job paying literally triple my old pay and they called me to ask me to come back
:lol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

have some kiwi music celebrating drinking and trying to get laid i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZQIxDZKac

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

meet the new cast of Top Gear.

legitimately surprised there is not a fluid gender human being or anything in here

hell i applied for a new credit card the other day and the options for gender were 'male/female/other' what the loving christ

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

depends is she gonna get me drunk first?

also lol a while ago i said this was the end point of fat acceptance and welp, here we are

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Nope, not banging any fatties. This is No Fat Chicks 2015. In fact, I raped a fat chick not a few days ago. Feels good, man.

ftfy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I was under the impression that fat chicks are fantastic lays.

they suck dick like it's going out of fashion but the sex itself isn't usually all that good, yoga teachers or brazilian girls are better

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that's actually a loving awesome idea if it works as you describe
are catfish good eating?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

haha this headline rules

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/68342454/woman-sues-all-of-the-gay-people-on-earth

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

amazing, absolutely amazing

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bolow posted:

Heat has some really good loving action sequences but it's more of a character drama than anything else. So yeah more like True Lies, The Rock, Independence Day etc etc

the rock owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

can someone link me to that twitter where that fat cow was whining about having ptsd from online harassment

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

at the date posted:

I'd say Mad Max, but it's sort of personal preference for type of action. I like post-apocalyptic car chases more than post-apocalyptic police state shenanigans. And The Raid: Redemption did the same plot as Dredd with better action.

did the raid: redemption involve a scene where a cop WP's assailants?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that's fantastic gonna have to track it down, wonder if it's on amazon prime

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Two Finger posted:

can someone link me to that twitter where that fat cow was whining about having ptsd from online harassment

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

terrez posted:

what if god was o ne of us

would

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

The guy is just so loving calm.

why does this exist

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

how the hell did you find a gif of the original scene with no internet bullshit on it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

London owns. The English countryside is pretty cool and walking around castles is very dark souls. Driving on the wrong side of the road can suck my dick. Euro butts are very nice this time of year.

Had a pass to one of the fancy airline clubs with free drinks till my flight so now I'm seeing if it's possible to get alcohol poisoning in 1.5 hours.

you're doing it right

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dope as gently caress

think i need to watch jackie brown again

yeah you really should

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Starship troopers is also a great book. I'm working my way through the Forever War at the moment.

As an aside, is Starship Troopers what Heinlein really believed?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Yea, the movie is an over the top spoof lampooning those beliefs but the novel is played straight.

I remember a friend of mine saying he didn't like the film because it endorsed fascist beliefs. I just stared at him and asked if the scene where the schoolkids are stomping cockroaches gave him any clues.

I also remember a lot of people here mentioning a third book alongside Starship Troopers and Forever War, anyone remember what that might have been?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Spicy Guacamole posted:

If you want something that's guaranteed to piss off someone somewhere, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress and Stranger in a Strange Land are both good. Heinlein's great at pissing people off. Roadside Picnic is a really good read, if a bit short, and it's the inspiration behind Stalker.

Off-topic, because it's not sci-fi, but y'all would love Flashman by George MacDonald Frasier. Flashman is a lovely, cowardly officer in the 19th century British army who lies, cheats, and generally shitbags his way through life, and eventually winds up in Afghanistan during the retreat from Kabul in 1842. It's funny as poo poo.

I really like Heinlein. I read some book of his recently about weird slugs that jump on people's backs and control them and despite the totally ridiculous premise it was actually really drat good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

posted on my facebook wall today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6TRTBZUMM

haka chants are pretty much the most badass thing possible

human being seriouspost incoming

the haka traditionally is a challenge
basically saying COME THE gently caress ON I WILL gently caress YOU UP
in this particular context it's honouring your mate, much in the sense of 'i am giving my best but you gave everything'
if you want to read some insane poo poo read about the maori battalion in ww1/2 or charles upham (kiwi, only living man to win the vc TWICE) or willie apiata (most recent VC recipient)

no joke nz is a tiny loving country but our military is loving insanely good particularly our SAS

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

would

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Syriana is great if anyone hasn't seen it yet. It's like The Wire but with USA/CIA/Middle East/Terrorism. ..Except there's no Omar because that would be fun instead of depressing. Not a lot of laughs, either.

For the upcoming stuff, Rosewater is the movie Jon Stewart made when he took a break from the Daily Show. No idea if it's any good. I'll watch it.
I feel asleep watching A Most Wanted Man in the theater.

Syriana's fantastic, if horrifically depressing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Syriana is great because of the lack of laughs. A few people who could actually change the middle east for the better come together through happenstance and might get something done. Then the US says "lol, nope" drones those guys and then an oil facility gets blown up by jihadists.

from memory a lot of alpha protocol used it for inspiration

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Oryx And Crake is a very good novel. More speculative fiction than sci fi.

Yes absolutely and she seems to be very much on the money. END BOOK SPOILER I do like the part where the autistic anti-god spazz basically gets proven wrong when the Crakers begin worshipping a statue of Snowman.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 22, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

read atlas shrugged unironically

yeah do this and let me know if you manage to finish it. i've been trying for months and i can't read more than a page or so at a time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vriess posted:

Memorial Day Weekend.

Bought Spec Ops: The Line on Steam for $5.

Played the entirety of it today.

I feel I've done my part.

Did you shoot the CIA dick in the head? this is important

Also did you then notice the statues react to what you did?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

You missed the fun part. When the game gets all preachy with you about shooting Americans, most people's reaction is, "Woah, woah, that's not fair: they were trying to kill me. I didn't have a choice." Then you realize who else has been saying that this whole time... Same with "This is all your fault." and "Do you even remember why you are here?"

The designers knew exactly what they were doing, and SOtL owns. They don't want you to stop. They want you to feel as indignant and unfairly persecuted as Conrad does. And maybe reflect on those feelings.

haha you should have read the old spec ops thread
there were so many people bitching and basically quoting walker with 'they gave me no choice' and a few people going 'hmmm, does this sound familiar?'
it was loving glorious

but spec ops did so many goddamn things right
there are very few games i have played that have given me such a sense of everything being wrong, even before it overtly goes to hell
AAA+++would play again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

those are some pretty mannish legs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It was a fail from the time we had to come back for the mother in law heart attack, and two abortive restarts. Going to mammoth caves national park for a couple weeks of back country hiking and camping mid June, now.

Motherfucking Appalachian Trail.. I loved it, just didn't work this year. I don't know if I'll ever do it in one season.. But some of it, southern bit obviously, is done.

Next year after classes are done my plan is getting all the way to harpers ferry from Amicola, then coming back to the Midwest. Then year after that, harpers ferry to Maine.

:sigh:

Still have other hikes and trips to do this summer to justify all my outdoors gear I bought this winter. Taking the wife kayaking near here this next month, too.

SpongeBob had to return to the land of the fully employed, so I'm wandering the unemployed, drifting directionless, vet wave solo since he decided to leave town for new work/school anyway. :(

We need more of GiP in Memphis. You guys would like Beale street. I like my gentrified suburb though. It's the epitome of the sunset suburb. After sunset only folks who live here, are here.

Our superficial skin tone similarities here are just a statistical fluke because we are living in the blackest part of Tennessee. And because our cops don't like.. Out of towners.

I love this country.

did your cart break

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Reign Of Pain posted:

Best BBQ is Texas BBQ

i preferred georgian tbh, girl i was seeing took me to this amazingly awesome place when i was in atlanta

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's SMG being SMG. The CD regulars barely tolerate him.

nah whip's right

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Never go into Cinema Discusso. :negative:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

find a bmw 540i station wagon
then drive it yourself

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

She's not a lesbian though. poo poo, she's not even bi.

dude i gave you the perfect answer earlier buy a bmw 540i station wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0

• Locked thread