Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Martian is a pretty good book, if only because it has the best opening line in the history of literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Yessssssss

Kinda looking forward to the movie but MATT DAMON is gonna have trouble pulling off the uber nerd botanist/engineer Mark Watney.

You can pretend it's a sequel to Good Will Hunting.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ugh that book was awful. The overarching plot is good, but the actual writing was terrible.

:spergin:

Ought to make a decent movie.

Oh definitely. By the end I kind of wanted Watley to die because I was sick of his constant snarky bullshit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

every person should quit a job in righteous anger at least once in their life

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Harry Shearer is leaving the Simpsons. He's like half of Springfield.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they already have 8 or 9 episodes of the next season done (leftovers from previous seasons) and they have 27 god drat years of audio they can cut/paste with

If they did that it might actually be worth watching.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I stopped caring 15 years ago

I care in the same way I'd care about a crazy old grand uncle who's been on life support for a decade or so.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

Pretty much the best.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've never seen Chinatown before and I decided to fix that tonight.

Man that got weird fast.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I unironically read and liked We The Living.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Make this the GIP background for the weekend please.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

I like how, ~100 pages after the OP ducked out and clearly wasn't coming back, and ~20 pages after it became clear there would be no further updates, there are still dozens of posts per day in the "Raising Awareness Death March" thread as goons lay sick burns on someone who will never read them and congratulate each other on how much smarter they are.

Laugh at the OP, laugh at dumb goons, it's a win-win.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wanna see the dark side of her moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Tried to get my wife to go see it today but no luck. Looks like I'll have to find time this week to go myself.

Sever.

• Locked thread